Where in the world is.............................???????

Mariyam

:hmmm: It is very difficult as there are many similar looking structures in china.. Another guess: Buddha/tao temple in Fengdu ghost village in the three Gorges of Yangtze River
Right. How did you guess? It is the ghost village in Sichuan. part of the river cruise. Well done. :hatsoff:

^^ Glad you like Chennai mate. Sometimes I feel, that us desis would rather go to phuket than explore our own country which has a lot more variety. How many here have any clue about what south India (sans Chennai) actually looks and likewise for southies..

:(( That was a tongue in cheek comment.
lol..so was mine..:--D whats wrong with the northies nowadays, show some fight :beee:

^^ Glad you like Chennai mate. Sometimes I feel, that us desis would rather got to phuket than explore our own country which has a lot more variety. How many here have any clue about what south India (sans Chennai) actually looks and likewise for southies.. whats wrong with the northies nowadays, show some fight :beee:
True.Which is why I said that I like exploring sub-cultures "within" India sometimes:winky: ( masochism notwithstanding)

^^^I've been to Chennai and Hyderabad among the Southern cities, if you must know. Seen a good share of South India. Here is a thread on the same lines that may interest you. To be very honest with you, I was bored in Chennai. There just isn't much to do. If you are used to life in Mumbai, any other Indian city is boring. Inspite of all this, I have a soft spot for Chennai: I mean how can one not appreciate the wonderful pleasant summers there, the multi lingual people, the friendly rickshaw drivers, the totally hep and state of the art malls, and the wonderful CSK fans here on ICF. :P I have also traveled ( as a tourist, with friends) in Kerala quite extensively. Cochin, Kollam, Munnar, the entire works. Was a great experience.

^^^I've been to Chennai and Hyderabad among the Southern cities, if you must know. Seen a good share of South India. Here is a thread on the same lines that may interest you. To be very honest with you, I was bored in Chennai. There just isn't much to do. If you are used to life in Mumbai, any other Indian city is boring. Inspite of all this, I have a soft spot for Chennai: I mean how can one not appreciate the wonderful pleasant summers there, the multi lingual people, the friendly rickshaw drivers, and the wonderful CSK fans here on ICF. :P I have also traveled ( as a tourist, with friends) in Kerala quite extensively. Cochin, Kollam, Munnar, the entire works. Was a great experience.
I dont wanna ruin this thread by taking it down the chennai vs whatever city route. but I'll tell you this, its got a vibrant underbelly that only a local can show you. i'll give you one example, the underground night life scene on the East coast road will blow your mind if you know the right people. And you havent even scratched the surface from the link you've given. Mumbai has got the best of a lot of things owing to the fact that its the commercial capital, but it is a ghetto to me. Accept my sincere apologies

^^^I've been to Chennai and Hyderabad among the Southern cities, if you must know. Seen a good share of South India. Here is a thread on the same lines that may interest you. To be very honest with you, I was bored in Chennai. There just isn't much to do. If you are used to life in Mumbai, any other Indian city is boring. Inspite of all this, I have a soft spot for Chennai: I mean how can one not appreciate the wonderful pleasant summers there, the multi lingual people, the friendly rickshaw drivers, the totally hep and state of the art malls, and the wonderful CSK fans here on ICF. :P I have also traveled ( as a tourist, with friends) in Kerala quite extensively. Cochin, Kollam, Munnar, the entire works. Was a great experience.
I bet that what clinches Mumbai for you is that it has the clean beaches,local trains,easy travelling ,great culture of music and dance (oh no! not bollywood),no load shedding,no slums, everything looks hep and cool ..yay!:two_thumbs_up:

I am neither a Mumbaikar (or as a Bambaiya as they used to say in my days) nor a Chennaite, or whatever the frack the colloquial is, but to even compare the two cities is a laughable expenditure - in fact, the only reason Chennai qualifies as a city is because of it's population. :giggle:

I bet that what clinches Mumbai for you is that it has the clean beaches,local trains,easy travelling ,great culture of music and dance (oh no! not bollywood),no load shedding,no slums, everything looks hep and cool ..yay!:two_thumbs_up:
Think you missed out on the wonderful experience of being stuck in traffic after a deluge which repeats year after year, that is central only to life in Mumbai.

I dont wanna ruin this thread by taking it down the chennai vs whatever city route. but I'll tell you this, its got a vibrant underbelly that only a local can show you. i'll give you one example, the underground night life scene on the East coast road will blow your mind if you know the right people. And you havent even scratched the surface from the link you've given. Mumbai has got the best of a lot of things owing to the fact that its the commercial capital, but it is a ghetto to me. Accept my sincere apologies
Oh I have been to ECR.Its wonderful ...truly Besides i loved the drive to Pondicherry and Mahabs too... The food there rocks too..if you are a pure non veg...eat at ponnasamys or anjapaar.. Some of the street food like the kottu paratha,or fried fish at mahabs was great