Where in the world is.............................???????

Mariyam

Aurangazeb's tomb???
Aurangazeb. Mumtaz mahal son
2 cheers for urbf and sree. g92 :fail: Hip hip hooay x 3 Finally you guys got it. Aurangazeb's tomb is very simple. Even the outer structure is missable and you wouldn't think that the final resting place of the emperor of India was such a run of the mill place. Its a few kilometers away from Daulatabad fort. Here are some more pics I took: 38574237.jpg These are Ostrich eggs. According to Mughal traditions, they help the deceased ascend heaven faster or something like that. 11865484.jpg That ends this thread, I guess. :D Was fun while it lasted. Tschuss, Bis spaeter

2 cheers for urbf and sree. g92 :fail: Hip hip hooay x 3 Finally you guys got it. Aurangazeb's tomb is very simple. Even the outer structure is missable and you wouldn't think that the final resting place of the emperor of India was such a run of the mill place. Its a few kilometers away from Daulatabad fort. Here are some more pics I took: 38574237.jpg These are Ostrich eggs. According to Mughal traditions, they help the deceased ascend heaven faster or something like that. 11865484.jpg That ends this thread, I guess. :D Was fun while it lasted. Tschuss, Bis spaeter
Mannnnnn, I tried to find the city where was it located and Google took me to Khuldabad. I wasn't wrong :hitler: I was actually more right than the others. :beee: P.S : Great thread with a great ending :nice:

Really dumb question but pardon my ignorance. Why is he buried here whilst his mom was buried in such luxury at the taj?
I'm not good at history and all that. I was in Aurangabad ( for a freind's sister's wedding) and this was a tourist thingy and decided to visit with a few other friends. My guess is that, Aurangzeb died in the vicinity. According to Islamic tradition, the body has to be bathed, shrouded & buried within 24 hours of death. So there never was enough time to take him to Agra/Delhi. No Fedex those days. But why didn't anyone later break down this structure and super impose a grand structure over the tomb I don't know. :confused: Maybe Aurangazeb was the original proponent of the austerity drive for which the Congress is taking credit now. :P

Site mentions

"Thalia" and "Hebe" are both three bedroomed houses in Westway, West Wimbledon, London SW20, available to rent as self catering accommodation for holidays or business trips. The prices charged are on a daily basis calculated on one seventh of the weekly rate although there is a minimum rate of one week.