F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

First things first. Please educate me on the geography of Mumbai. Where are the slums near Altamount Road? Who are you to comment on how he lives? He has the money, he can spend it however he wants as long as it isnt getting in the way of others. You have a 350z right. How can u live with yourself driving that car when there are so many people dying out of hunger in sudan. That's just nonsense dude. Like I was telling Ravi the other day. Tomorrow I will wear an expensive tie. Are you going to come upto me and tell me that dude, there are people who sleep hungry at night, how can you spend 200$ on that tie? You think he has built the structure to show off? Get real dude, it looks like crap. It has all the amenities inside, but it def isnt something to "show off". Have you even heard him talking about it? So what if it can be seen from a slum (which slum??)? And who are you to comment on whether it is not sustainable living or not? So he has 600 staff.. what is the big deal? He's employing more people. Look, I'm not trying to defend Ambani here. He is living in excess, but hey.. he has the means.. I dont give a damn if his WC is made of gold. What right do I have to comment on how he spends his money.
awesome post . its not the concern for poor , rather jealously ..a lot of Indians have this issue .

Who are you to comment on how he lives? He has the money, he can spend it however he wants as long as it isnt getting in the way of others. You have a 350z right. How can u live with yourself driving that car when there are so many people dying out of hunger in sudan. I dont give a damn if his WC is made of gold. What right do I have to comment on how he spends his money.
Good post by Holy baba. We can appreciate people who donate more to the less fortunate. Definitely they need to be appreciated and encouraged, but nevertheless when one drives a 350z - then what if someone questions that as excess?

I have said this many times, you can donate 10 lakhs and drive a benz - whats wrong with that? We should shut shop and just keep feeding - u know what, lets do this. Let us ask world to work free so no one charges anyone and everything is free, and everyone enjoys life

what were you doing there in the first place Did you went there in search to kick the bcci officials for england debacle ?
I took the picture before we (myself and ravishingravi) met Holysmoke at the Mumbai meet. Me and Ravi were walking down the area near Marine drive when he pointed out (the now old) BCCI office to me. Fair to say the office was nothing like what I expected :rofl:
Don't care about how the office looks like and stuff, but sad to see the kid sleeping on the floor and other kitchen stuff kept there. Sree did you wake him up? and lend him some money or some goodies?
The flashlight from my camera woke him up. When we wondered what to do and how we could help the kid -- lend him so money/buy something etc -- he was long gone. We went to one of the ice cream stores next to the office and brought a couple of those ice cream sandwhiches -- the ones where the ice cream bar is sandwhiched between two wafers -- and gave it to him and the people he was with. After that, we chilld out at Marine Drive for a little while before meeting up with Holysmoke.
Did you get to see Sharad pawar ? Btw lol @ u' date=' from MCG to BCCI office in 2 weeks of course you were gonna be disappointed[/quote'] No, I didn' get to see Sharad Pawar but Holy and Ravi have been telling me the guy is a real thug. And :rofl: at the disappointed part.

Let me add some facts which are irrelevant to the topic of the thread: 54% of Mumbaikars live in Slums (which is more than 2x the next highest Metro), yet Mumbai's per capita income is 3x the National average. Either the wealth is unevenly spread out between a few super rich and the many super poor or overall Mumbaikars are super rich, just that the crowd and lack of sufficient housing pushes many to the Slums.

Nahi Rajiv bhai' date=' I don't think he literally meant that way...there is a reason why some of us living abroad feel more about such things..reason being you don't see that in Aus, US or Canada..there are child protection facilities funded by Govt and that is what should be there back home as well.[/quote'] I was refering to Ambani's place v/s slums

^^..that's exactly what I am referring to, you can be rich and donate generously AND enjoy life. He doesn't have to advertise his donation - but texy's posts are nothing but fairytale..especially when u haven't lived in india, very easy to pass judgments

I have said this many times' date= you can donate 10 lakhs and drive a benz - whats wrong with that? We should shut shop and just keep feeding - u know what, lets do this. Let us ask world to work free so no one charges anyone and everything is free, and everyone enjoys life
Thats fair enough. It actually is not even a question of right or wrong even if you don't donate and drive a Benz. It is your money. But then we should accept one piece of reality, that nothing will change and we shouldn't crib about and accept our indifference or apathy with all the poverty that we see. The govt. which is one of the most inept in the world can't get them out of their situation. Rajiv, what bothers me is not the Benz. What bothers me is that we are reaching or have already a reached a point from where we might be looking out of our comfortable A/c car out to an impoverished hungry little boy and feel nothing but acceptance or indifference. Both equally likely if you are seeing it everyday. This is my biggest fear. I am all for "do what you can". But if you can't then don't expect the govt. or some other person to. Same for Texy, ***** the Ambanis, dude you do something for them with your money and endeavour if this is hurting you.

Don't care about how the office looks like and stuff, but sad to see the kid sleeping on the floor and other kitchen stuff kept there. Sree did you wake him up? and lend him some money or some goodies?
Tics, we got them something. However, there is little comfort in knowing that boy and his sister will be hungry again next day.

Let me add some facts which are irrelevant to the topic of the thread: 54% of Mumbaikars live in Slums (which is more than 2x the next highest Metro), yet Mumbai's per capita income is 3x the National average. Either the wealth is unevenly spread out between a few super rich and the many super poor or overall Mumbaikars are super rich, just that the crowd and lack of sufficient housing pushes many to the Slums.
It's a combination of both. Mumbai does have super rich people. But "poor" in Mumbai is middle class everywhere else. It is the extreme crowd that has moved people to the slums. There is very little infrastructure. For example, look at this post of mine in this very thread. 40 lacs can get you a decent sized apartment in most other cities.
++ Sree, remember I was telling you about how expensive slums are? 40 lacs for a 200 square feet tenement Thats around 90,000 USD

Tics' date=' we got them something. However, there is little comfort in knowing that boy and his sister will be hungry again next day.[/quote'] That kid was so hungry he accepted the food without any suspicion or fear that it was offered from complete strangers. He was starving. What the eff man. In this day and age, no kid anywhere in the world should have to beg for food and shelter. :cry:

That kid was so hungry he accepted the food without any suspicion or fear that it was offered from complete strangers. He was starving. What the eff man. In this day and age, no kid anywhere in the world should have to beg for food and shelter. :cry:
Are you seriously that naive?

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-05-22/news/29569019_1_noel-tata-ratan-tata-mukesh-ambani
Mukesh Ambani's house shows lack of empathy for poor: Ratan Tata Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata has described Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani's 27-storey Mumbai home, Antilla, as an example of rich Indians' lack of empathy for the poor. "It makes me wonder why someone would do that. That's what revolutions are made of," Tata said in an interview to The Times, London, when asked about Ambani's house. The Times had asked Tata the question in the context of widening income inequalities in India. Tata also told The Times: "The person who lives in there should be concerned about what he sees around him and [asking] can he make a difference. If he is not, then it's sad because this country needs people to allocate some of their enormous wealth to finding ways of mitigating the hardship that people have."
I agree with tata. leading a luxurious life is fine but building a 27-storey $2billion house n employee 600 staff to maintain it when you have so many poor in the nation is dis-tasteful in my opinion. people saying he does good by employing 600 people, but the effort of those 600 is basically being wasted and could have been utilized in a better way( by making them work for the poor) for the same salary.