F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

Ok' date=' so it is MDA's fault and not the govt's.[/quote'] He is using 6.5 lakhs watts /month of electricity usage which is sufficient to light 12K houses. All I was pointing is Electricity is limited national resource and your theory that " I pay money and I have rights to use whatever amount" doesn't sound right.

My logic :confused: Can you explain plz? Btw, there are rules to stop you from littering the road. And I'm the one in the bubble.
See dude, here's how it is. At the very outset, I'd mentioned that the concept of charity is extremely subjective. I cannot, you cannot force/question anybody to shell out something for charity, it is extremely personal and to each his own. He had the money to build a house, no matter how big it is, he did that, fair enough, nothing wrong with it. However, 70 lakhs a month of electricity is just unacceptable mate, no matter how much you defend the man. Defend him on that all day, all night long, it's a lost cause, it will still remain unacceptable. Again, there's no way to draw the line on such things but if you blame the god-damn government for this, you'll get my goat. Yes, I do not live in Mumbai, but to understand right and wrong doesn't require me to. As far as littering is concerned, although it is besides the point and was just an analogy, if there was a serious rule (it comes under the state and not the central law, and the state anyways cannot administer it. Also, a drive around the country wouldn't suggest so), there won't be so many 'Keep your city clean and green' adverts on TV. You never see a 'Don't shoot a person, just shake his hand' advert, do you? :hysterical:

He is using 6.5 lakhs /month of electricity usage which is sufficient to light 12K houses. All I was pointing is Electricity is limited national resource and your theory that " I pay money and I have rights to use whatever amount" doesn't sound right.
Repeating my point... He is well within his rights to use it because he is paying for it. Its up to the govt to have a max cap. Or they can have a tiered plan where antinomy greater than a certain kwhr gets them mad profits. They can use this profit to have a greater coverage. As I said earlier, if I was the govt and there was a shortage, I would first go after people who are stealing from me rather than one of my biggest customers.

I have to say, I, by and large share Rahuliverpool's views on the subject. I think first question we have to ask is do we have a right to question the rich people's excesses. I think yes. Even within law there are aspects propreity and corporate governance, some of which deal with the contribution towards society. So, yes, I think anybody who questions the excesses of Ambani family or others is not ipso facto wrong. One also has to consider, that this is a poor country. Notwithstanding some millionaires and crorepatis in mumbai slums ( if I believe that ), as a nation more than 60 % is still struggling to fend itself. Which is precisely why comparison with Buffet and Gates, along with other billionaires is all but expected. For one, you are from a poor nation, they are not and yet they are the ones donating more. Two, this level of disconnect doesn't exist in any other nation when there is largest chunk of population that goes hungry everyday and the country has max. number of billionaires. So, I am not sure how them coming from different cultures can be posed as an argument. If anything, I presume, the billionaire from India who sees this poverty everyday, to be more forthcoming. I won't abuse the Ambanis though for their excesses. His right is unquestionable but is it "right", is the question and everyone can have a view on it.
I won't even question his excesses, dude, as I don't have the right to. However, I think we do have the right to question the excessive usage of resources. Yes, it is allowed, but I would guess a Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani should be responsible enough to understand that on his own and not wait for the government to put a cap. I don't even think they should, coz there is no way to draw a line. If they do, then what will be the difference between this and that stupid start drinking at 25 rule?

Repeating my point... He is well within his rights to use it because he is paying for it. Its up to the govt to have a max cap. Or they can have a tiered plan where antinomy greater than a certain kwhr gets them mad profits. They can use this profit to have a greater coverage. As I said earlier' date=' if I was the govt and there was a shortage, I would first go after people who are stealing from me rather than one of my biggest customers.[/quote'] Even there is a max cap, how difficult for crony capitalists like Ambanis to subvert the rule? Point is people should have self restraint and empathy towards society we live in.l I dont know about crorepati slumdwellers stealing electricity in Mumbai! Even if it is true, which they must probably doing it to lit 2 bulbs and a TV, it doesn't mean govt or electricity board should give preference to biggest paying customer. Food, electricity etc is basic necessities and govt has a duty to ensure every citizen will get uninterrupted power and sufficient food etc.

Ravi, I don't know. I wouldn't question someone over what he/she did with his/her money. If you are doing some good out of your own free will, it still doesn't give you the right to be judgmental on what others should do. * That is what I think* It is the prerogative of the billionaires what they do with their money. If they want to lead a lavish lifestyle, well, thats them. I may not like it, but its still their choice. And where do you draw the line? How much should Ambani donate? Is it fair of us to expect maximum donations from him, when we ourselves don't do that. Lets face it, people criticizing him shouldn't be on this website in the first place.:D How about they do overtime instead of posting on ICF and send the proceeds to a charity? Or how if they use the time doing some charity work? You get the drift.
Highlighted part makes this post worthy of pole position in another famous thread you started. On the whole, I think one should not be questioning how some body is using his/her money which has been begotten through fair means. Going by that logic I would not question Ambani's for building this mansion. I would admire a person who spends 10% of his wealth on philanthropy than a person who had all good intention to spend 90% but never managed to earn anything to make that spending.

I dont know about crorepati slumdwellers stealing electricity in Mumbai! Even if it is true, which they must probably doing it to lit 2 bulbs and a TV,
Hahaha. Another post by someone clearly not from mumbai. Dude there are power intensive factories in the slums of dharavi...

alright, no problems. 1. The entire labor has practically been wasted as one doesn't need 27-storey building for a luxurious living. 2. The construction material, the oildiesel used to transport it to the site, the construction machines' n transport vehicular wear n tear, is wasted (as in, it came for no use for the nation). 3. Alot of antiques and other stuff might have been imported from foreign, so that money is gone out of india. 4. monthly maintaince of the house (600 staff doing nothing productive) and electricity cosumption etc is a wastage. 5. the substantial sum of 9000Cr has a potential to make a huge difference to the nation (plus the employment generation in lacs) when invested as a whole in any sector of the economy(not talking abt charity).

Highlighted part makes this post worthy of pole position in another famous thread you started. On the whole, I think one should not be questioning how some body is using his/her money which has been begotten through fair means. Going by that logic I would not question Ambani's for building this mansion. I would admire a person who spends 10% of his wealth on philanthropy than a person who had all good intention to spend 90% but never managed to earn anything to make that spending.
Ahem. Trust me, let's not even start on that. :giggle:

I won't even question his excesses' date= dude, as I don't have the right to. However, I think we do have the right to question the excessive usage of resources. Yes, it is allowed, but I would guess a Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani should be responsible enough to understand that on his own and not wait for the government to put a cap. I don't even think they should, coz there is no way to draw a line. If they do, then what will be the difference between this and that stupid start drinking at 25 rule?
In that case we are coming from different places on this issue. To me the issue of electricity usage is not so much of an issue, since there is no cap on electricity consumption and if not for Ambanis they would be consumed by someone else and not necessarily the slum dwellers. 45-50 lacs per months is not great money in mumbai's context. If you have a 5-10 storied factory/office with 605 people, I would say the electricity cost would be similar.

Do you need everything you have (or planning to have) - to live? wtf......... WTF... do you know what portion of money goes out of India, for every iPod, laptop, cell phone.... you buy? more wtf...... What about his other billions of $ which are already making big difference to the nation? Sum total of all ICFes wouldn't account even 0.001% of it.
you can construct a luxury house for 100 cr?? 200 cr?? 9000 cr and 27 storey is way too much in a country like india where many fellow countrymen live without basic necessities. This post is to mariyam when she suggested by building antilla he creates employment wherein this point is so minuscule tht its as good as being inapplicable and invalid.

Ahem. Trust me' date=' let's not even start on that. :giggle:[/quote'] Oh yeah. That was a loose delivery. But my point was any body who has got money through fair money has all right to spend whichever way he/she may like. I wasn't trying to give any clearance certificate to Ambani's from my side.

How does matter it he has 600 servants in an ugly building or a pretty mansion? The issue here for me is the Ugly building and ofc the price tag for a residence, which seems insane. Regarding price, I hope he spent a good part of it in buying goods from the local economy rather than just importing stuff.

you can construct a luxury house for 100 cr?? 200 cr?? 9000 cr and 27 storey is way too much in a country like india where many fellow countrymen live without basic necessities. This post is to mariyam when she suggested by building antilla he creates employment wherein this point is so minuscule tht its as good as being inapplicable and invalid.
It is his money - he decides how much is too much for him. Not you. What if you purchase a house worth 2cr, when your annual income is just 30-40Lacs, and you are driving a car worth 15-20 lakhs., even with that salary you can feed a whole village !! and you can still live a comfortable life (live in normal house, drive normal car/bike). Would you do that? Or How many people are doing that? As I said before - for every billion dollar he has spent on his personal luxury - in that mansion or elsewhere - he/his family has spent another ( and more) billion $$s in creating businesses and giving employment to 10s of 1000s of people. Also, from what I understand of Mariyam - the point about creating 600 employment in that mansion is more like sarcastic one or in lighter vein.

It is his money - he decides how much is too much for him. Not you. What if you purchase a house worth 2cr, when your annual income is just 30-40Lacs, and you are driving a car worth 15-20 lakhs., even with that salary you can feed a whole village !! and you can still live a comfortable life (live in normal house, drive normal car/bike). Would you do that? Or How many people are doing that? As I said before - for every billion dollar he has spent on his personal luxury - in that mansion or elsewhere - he/his family has spent another ( and more) billion $ in creating businesses and giving employment to 10s of 1000s of people. Also, from what I understand of Mariyam - the point about creating 600 employment in that mansion is more like sarcastic one or in lighter vein.
abey yaar tera tape ek gane pe atak gaya hai. 'it is his money' 'i dont have a right to opinionate even if wishes to throw it in a well' its not just abt charity. 9000 cr is a sort of money which if invested in our developing nation, can bring wonderful fruits even if you set aside 200 Cr for luxury housing. even in my case, I have invested my savings in a couple of flats which are rented out to tenents. thats in a way, contributing to the economy (although not through charity), while ambanis antilla is a complete wastage of labor and resources and space. How?? Read again - link still not convinced?? to tu jeeta main hara.

abey yaar tera tape ek gane pe atak gaya hai. 'it is his money' 'i dont have a right to opinionate even if wishes to throw it in a well' its not just abt charity. 9000 cr is a sort of money which if invested in our developing nation, can bring wonderful fruits even if you set aside 200 Cr for luxury housing. even in my case, I have invested my savings in a couple of flats which are rented out to tenents. thats in a way, contributing to the economy (although not through charity), while ambanis antilla is a complete wastage of labor and resources and space. How?? Read again - link still not convinced?? to tu jeeta main hara.
You have rented out your flats and that is adding to India's economy?/ :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

even in my case' date=' I have invested my savings in a couple of flats which are rented out to tenents. thats in a way, contributing to the economy (although not through charity), while ambanis antilla is a complete wastage of labor and resources and space. How?? Read again - link still not convinced?? to tu jeeta main hara.
You have rented out your flats and that is adding to India's economy?/ :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Yep, without VD's houses folks would be living in huts & fired because of their stench, thus hurting tax collections Sorry, that's all i could come up with :hysterical: :hysterical:

abey yaar tera tape ek gane pe atak gaya hai. 'it is his money' 'i dont have a right to opinionate even if wishes to throw it in a well' its not just abt charity. 9000 cr is a sort of money which if invested in our developing nation, can bring wonderful fruits even if you set aside 200 Cr for luxury housing.
If you can not understand 1+1=2, I have no option but to repeat. And once again I will repeat - for every billion $ spent on that mansion, he has spent billions of $s in creating businesses and employment. As yoda-esque said - would you have cried as much, had he invested that 2B in some overseas property/mansion, or simply put the money in Swiss bank or in walls or beds? That family has earned the right to build such a thing.
even in my case, I have invested my savings in a couple of flats which are rented out to tenents. thats in a way, contributing to the economy (although not through charity), while ambanis antilla is a complete wastage of labor and resources and space. How?? Read again - link still not convinced?? to tu jeeta main hara.
Thank you very much.