Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

I don't think we're being too harsh on Zaheer. His talent is of zero use if he is not fit. To acquire a belly that large must have taken some serious neglect. If you're not training, lifting, sprinting, stretching, eating well on a regular basis injuries will happen.

To be honest, if it was only a strain he should still play. He's had over 2 weeks off cricket, with some of the best physios in the world, I reckon he's just playing it extra safe. Think of it this way... if the selectors had any doubt regarding his fitness they would have sidelined him immediately, and wouldn't have risked him for the next test, saving him for the ODIs instead. I've got a feeling he'll be fine, but then again, you can never secondguess the BCCI, right? haha

sorry man, but i'm really tempted to say shut up. i know you're trying to boost everyones morale, but I really think it is time for the fans to go quiet and the players to prove a point now. no offence intended at all, i'm at an all time low with my cricket too :(

That statement is weird. What kind of plan is that?
Its no plan. Whole point of a practice game is to test out fitness levels. If Khan can only manage 3 overs send him home. I mean just 3 overs WTF? This episode and the whole tour shows that it is time to move on and start with the process of rejuvenating this ageing team. It has to start now. There's no way Khan is going to be able to handle the hard big pitches of Aus - will break down sooner rather than later. Let the rebuilding begin.

Or look at it this way, 2007 world cup failure was a blessing in disguise for us. This might be the same too, board is too concerned with IPL and money issues right now, this might probably make them re-think about the schedule and make players accountable for their fitness.