Wimbledon!

Gambit

Sania made it to the second round' date=' which is not bad. After her good start, I suspect the fans are expecting more from her[/quote'] expecting more?? she cant go beyond 2nd round.. wat can ppl expect frm her... i think shes jus a1st round wonder kid.. so much hype for this fatty....

Everyone's favourite GS of the year starts tomorrow.
Not mine. Grass is the most fun surface to play on but the most boring surface to watch tennis on. Men's tennis on grass----> 'BANG (big serve-> ploop ( puny return)---> CRASH (big winner on open court)' in 90% of the points. Ie, total borefest. US Open is the most entertaining tennis for me- where there is a good mix of power serves, rallies & touch shots played...OZ open would be the same but the intense Aussie heat means a lot of players simply run out of steam by the 4th/5th set.

I remember the days when women's tennis was all about grace, elegance and class. Women moving fluently from end of the court to the other - guile and technique taking precedence ahead of any other skill. They would prance around, occasionally uttering an "oooh" here and an "oooh" there. "ooh, oooh", as they caressed the ball ever so slightly to win points. Then....came the WILLIAMS brothers. Penus and Siren-a. Tennis would never be the same again. The adorable "ooh".."ooh" were replaced by the astounding, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEAHH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! EEEEEEEAAAAAAH!!!". 30 love ! The umpire would say. No...that's good love, baby. Seriously, the masculinity in females' tennis is the main reason i simply can't watch it anymore. Yes, when Maria is out there i try to envision how her lovely legs would make a nice scarf for my neck but she is an exception, not to mention her propensity to moan out plenty of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAH EHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHs as well. Watching another moan-fest between Penus and Maria today reinforced this view of mine. Bring back the days of Martina Hingis and Steffi. For the love of god...make female tennis, errr...feminine again. Please.

@ mp, talking about monica seles, if i am right, didn't his coach or someone tryed to murder her, tryed to kill her with knife, though she ecaped but got injured badly and was out for a season?? or was it some other player coach.. btw monica selese was good player but always looked lazy, in her l8r days she got very fat, just like u know Lindsay Devenfort