'Donkey' jibe costs Nasser Hussain India job

God I love Nasser. Always have, loved his batting, love his commentary. He tells is how it is, which is usually what the fans are thinking but other commentators are too afraid to say. Botham is a bit the same but can't stand his voice, and his opinions come across as too yobbo or bogan. Do indians know what bogan and yobbo mean???

God I love Nasser. Alway shave' date=' [b']loved his batting, love his commentary. He tells is how it is, which is usually what the fans are thinking but other commentators are too afraid to say. Botham is a bit the same but can't stand his voice, and his opinions come across as too yobbo or bogan. Do indians know what bogan and yobbo mean???
954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg
God I love Nasser. Alway shave' date=' loved his batting, love his commentary. He tells is how it is, which is usually what the fans are thinking but other commentators are too afraid to say. Botham is a bit the same but can't stand his voice, and his opinions come across as too yobbo or bogan. Do indians know what bogan and yobbo mean???[/quote'] botham comes off as a *****, he was mouthing off about how england were going to whitewash india and our retarded team proved him right :((
954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg
Serious? Fine batsman. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvuNygejm8w]Nasser Hussain 207 vs Australia 1997 Ashes - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUZj4COZH_Y]Nasser Hussain 105 vs Australia 1997 Headingley - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBJ__iNbqyg]Nasser Hussain 128 vs India 1996 Edgbaston - YouTube[/ame] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltG74h81M_M]Nasser Hussain 110 vs India 3rd test 2002 - YouTube[/ame]
When England were getting humiliated in the WORLD CUP by Ireland AND Bangladesh I dont recall Kapil Dev saying that the English were playing like DOGS or their fielders were as greasy as pigs. I wonder how Nasser would like that? Good on whos decision this was. You wanna kick someone when they are down there will be repercussions.
I remember plenty of posters here calling them names, and much worse than 'donkey'
Serious? Fine batsman.
I've watched pretty much all his hundreds and a few of them at the ground as well. He was a gritty and hard working player but that's about it. There wasn't much to love about his batting and I certainly wouldn't pay to watch him bat. There are only 2 English players that I've loved to watch in recent years - Vaughan and Bell.
I've watched pretty much all his hundreds and a few of them at the ground as well. He was a gritty and hard working player but that's about it. There wasn't much to love about his batting and I certainly wouldn't pay to watch him bat. There are only 2 English players that I've loved to watch in recent years - Vaughan and Bell.
I love watching him bat, sweet timing

To revoke his contract for this comment is pretty harsh, IMO. That makes us look like humourless duds and gives people more reason to mock us. :(( Nasser's comments are just a case of typical English humour, which no one, not even the English find funny or witty. Or it could also be a genuine mistake on the part of Nasser due to the poor education standards prevalent in England. He called Lions as Donkeys. :confused: And why does England have the three Lions on its logo anyways? Is England even the natural habitat of the genus panthera leo ?? 3 pigs or 3 owls on the logo would have been more apt. :dontknow:

Well whatever floats your boat dude. I loved watching him bat, whereas I couldn't really stand Vaughan's batting. Apart from a nice cover drive he was horrible in defence and clueless a lot of the time. Hussain for me was 10 times the better batsman, i loved the passion he brought to the game, and he wasn't always gritty and hard working either, some of his innings in 1993 and 2007 were full of flair and very attacking, his final test ton was great. He became more defensive as he got older but he was always tough to dismiss.