Jadeja is actually a good odi player.

Jadeja is a spot higher at 7 and ideally should bat at 8. In subcontinent he can still bat at 7 with Ashwin at 8 but overseas' date=' especially SA, Aus and NZ we can't afford to go with 2 spinners and one of Jadeja or Ashwin to bat at 8 with hopefully Irfan Pathan at 7 who can bowl seam up. 2 spinners will not win too many matches in Aus/NZ and we need to recognize the fact while preparing for the WC next year. We need to somehow unearth a seam based all-rounder from somewhere, and if not maybe try to resurrect Irfan Pathan coz I don't see us reaching WC semis with this team composition.[/quote'] Irfan is injured all the time. Dhawan is good in bowling but not sure about batting,it seems as bad if not worse than Jaddu. maybe we should just play 7 bats like old:hmmm:
Jadeja is a spot higher at 7 and ideally should bat at 8. In subcontinent he can still bat at 7 with Ashwin at 8 but overseas' date=' especially SA, Aus and NZ we can't afford to go with 2 spinners and one of Jadeja or Ashwin to bat at 8 with hopefully Irfan Pathan at 7 who can bowl seam up. 2 spinners will not win too many matches in Aus/NZ and we need to recognize the fact while preparing for the WC next year. We need to somehow unearth a seam based all-rounder from somewhere, and if not maybe try to resurrect Irfan Pathan coz I don't see us reaching WC semis with this team composition.[/quote'] In short we need two bowling allrounders.. Spin bowling allrounder in sc aka jaddu and a pace bowling all rounder outside sc .. If bunny can bowl 7 or 8 overs then he can seal his place
Irfan is injured all the time. Dhawan is good in bowling but not sure about batting,it seems as bad if not worse than Jaddu. maybe we should just play 7 bats like old:hmmm:
Maybe Dhawan should be given a go at 7 but he looks more a no. 8 than 7 just like Jadeja. But yeah I would have Rishi Dhawan in the team in place of Jadeja or Ashwin in Aus/NZ.
In short we need two bowling allrounders.. Spin bowling allrounder in sc aka jaddu and a pace bowling all rounder outside sc .. If bunny can bowl 7 or 8 overs then he can seal his place
Yup. We are fine in subcontinental conditions but need to get the balance right in seam friendly venues. Binny (or Rishi Dhawan) will also need to contribute with the bat along with bowling 8 or so overs coz our tail is pretty long already.
Nayar's bowling isn't that good. I can't see him taking wkts or completing his quota of 10 overs too often. Rishi Dhawan or Irfan Pathan are the best of the lot we have.
batting AR is what we need.Nayar can share his qouta with Raina/Kohli etc.but batting needs to be reliable unlike Jaddu

Lol at Bhajji comparisions.When did Bhajji do anything remotely close to the knocks Jadeja has played even at home let alone the knocks like Jadeja's 70 odd in England , 2 CT knocks and last match one. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=273464 People laughed in this thread when i said he should be tried as an All rounder 3 years back.He is slowly proving everyone wrong with his performances.Already our leading spinner in both ODIs and Test . For me he easily has the talent to be the long term no.6 in ODI and tests at home.All he needs is confidence which he is getting . Whether he can be good enough to bat at no.6 or no.7 in SA or Aus(in tests) i dont know but but at home (as well as Sri UAE or WI) and in ODI & T20s he definitely has the talent to establish as quality All rounder .Its only a matter of gaining confidence in his abilities just as he did in bowling.

Jadeja is a spot higher at 7 and ideally should bat at 8. In subcontinent he can still bat at 7 with Ashwin at 8 but overseas' date=' especially SA, Aus and NZ we can't afford to go with 2 spinners and one of Jadeja or Ashwin to bat at 8 with hopefully Irfan Pathan at 7 who can bowl seam up. 2 spinners will not win too many matches in Aus/NZ and we need to recognize the fact while preparing for the WC next year. We need to somehow unearth a seam based all-rounder from somewhere, and if not maybe try to resurrect Irfan Pathan coz I don't see us reaching WC semis with this team composition.[/quote'] Pitches in Aus will most likely be dry though with World cup at the end of their summer.Also having seen the Aus - Eng all the wkts were either flat or slow and low ones.Think we will need to play 2 spinners in the next world cup imo
Pitches in Aus will most likely be dry though with World cup at the end of their summer.Also having seen the Aus - Eng all the wkts were either flat or slow and low ones.Think we will need to play 2 spinners in the next world cup imo
Doubt that as they will lay fresh pitches in time for WC. Even the 92 WC was held in Feb-March and the pitches supported fast bowling. It's gonna be same this time as well. You will need pacers to win you matches and not spinners - at least not more than one spinner.
Doubt that as they will lay fresh pitches in time for WC. Even the 92 WC was held in Feb-March and the pitches supported fast bowling. It's gonna be same this time as well. You will need pacers to win you matches and not spinners - at least not more than one spinner.
Didnt pak play 2 spinner and Aamir Sohail and Mustaq Ahemed bowled 20 overs regularly?
Didnt pak play 2 spinner and Aamir Sohail and Mustaq Ahemed bowled 20 overs regularly?
Nope. Sohail was more of a part timer and rarely did he complete his 10 overs. Mushtaq was a different matter altogether and unfortunately we don't have a spinner of that quality. Aus is a graveyard for off spinners and you never really see finger spinners do that well in Aus. So Ashwin may be surplus to requirements and Jadeja as the lone spinner should be good enough. Either way one of Jadeja or Ashwin should be in the team. Pakistan won the WC coz they had Wasim Akram at the peak of his bowling prowess backed up by wicket taking ability of Mushtaq Ahmed and more than a decent Aaqib Javed. You need wkt takers and I don't see Ashwin or Jadeja taking too many in Aus.
Just checked on cricinfo that this was Jadeja's first half century away in 2.5 years. Glad won't be hearing about his mythical batting till my son starts going to pre school.
apart from Zim tour,Raina has same record outside Asia too:hysterical: both have 3 fifties outside Asia now:hatsoff: Project Raina:cantstop: