Irani Trophy Discussion thread - Rajasthan v/s Rest of India - October 1-5th

saneindian

I missed to add abu nachim So we have ZAk ishant varun umesh sreesanth n abu nachim Our selectors need not look for more as of now...no need to try slow trundlers which I can also play well like PK. VK Munaf n others ...I mean fastish offspinners
Shami looked he can bowl quick as well and Sudeep Tyagi is there too, waiting him to do well this season and stay injury free.

Umesh and Varun could both be fast bowlers for India , I have seen them bowling 140 to 150 k for prolonged period, this is the first game of the season and also a good idea not to go flat out, bring them on , wanna see them in India colors, Abu Nechim is fast mediumish , but havent seen him bowl in longer version , he has to seam , swing, to be effective , but has potential, Tyagi in the same bracket as Nechim pace wise.Too bad Pankaj Singh is injured he bowls 130 to 136 but has bounce and movement,Shami hit 141 first ball but is raw, Gony ,P Parmeswaram, Dinda, Mithun can bowl in the same bracket 135 to 143 k, have to see Rahul Shukla so we do have the bowlers who have to be prepared like the ECB does rather then loose them and play safe with tried tested failures with no potential, also have to see Rahul tommorrow,you guys feel about Krishnaarty, ALSO I WAS MOCKED WHEN I SAID DHAWAN IS NOT TOO BAD, THE BOWLING WAS MEDIOCRE BUT HE HAS ALL THE STROKES, PLUS A LEFT HANDER

he himself said in an interview before that match that if the pitch is helpful and seaming' date= he will go full tilt but if it is a flat track, he will try to use variations and stay accurate and consistent without being at full pace. I think he should look to bowl fast tomorrow morning with some freshness and moisture in the wicket.
Basically the opposite of what the best bowler in the world does (Steyn). :two_thumbs_up:
Basically the opposite of what the best bowler in the world does (Steyn). :two_thumbs_up:
yes and I wont suggest him to do what he had said. He can conserve his energy on a green track and try to seam and can go flat out more on flat tracks. I hope he will learn as he plays more.

I HAVE A DIFFERENT TAKE ON THIS, on a green wicket good bowlers will look to hit right areas, maybe seam the ball a bit early with a few short balls then the sucker balls, as the ball gets older will try to bowl fast also , reverse or swing, be more agressive also as they get into more rhythm naturally and build on pace when the ball gets older . On a slow track a smart bowler will try to get early wickets with the new ball give it a bit more try to bowl with more agression, generally though bowl a bit fuller , as ball gets old try more tricks reverse, angles, keep pressure .Also if Indian bowlers bowl smartly knowing when to show their pace promise and when to bowl smart , that way they can conserve their body, yes Indian tracks are mostly flat but , also Indian bowlers could also learn more skills as they need to , to be successfull on those flat tracks, swing , reverse, use seam , angles, Zaheer is the master at that , I think Indian bowlers need to learn from him how to conserve , bowl smartly, remain fit for longer period also be an all round bowler , which takes along time to learn, Steyn also is a master at the art , it is a battle of which bowler learns to perform well without over straining in domestic, stay injury free, learn the tricks then selected and watched keenly by selectors as timing is critical for bowler selection versus batsmen as it is very easy to loose a good bowler.