Irani Trophy Discussion thread - Rajasthan v/s Rest of India - October 1-5th

saneindian

Great decisions by Selctors- dropping Bhajji even when dhoni fot for him. Great decsion- not bringing a Soft n delicate Nehra who may have bowled but is as good as Munaf Patel as a fielder...I Appreciate that decision. Great decision- selecting Varun Aroon and Umesh Yadav and beleiving in fast bowlers as only fast bowlers rule the Pitch on pitches outside india and Lanka....Taking right action and supporting fast bowlers. Great decision- Dropping the FAT RP singh and going against dhoni"s wishes. Great decision- bringing Rahul as he is a attacking leggie...very rare. Bad decision- Selecting Vinay Kumar again though I believe they may be giving VK a last chance. Bad decision not to bring back Yusuf.All other decisions were kind of Automatic choi So for me I would like to say that selectors did a Good job.

OK...good speeds for spinners:giggle::winky:
ankit chowdhary just picked up some speed, top speed 132kmph, avg speed for past 3 overs 128kmph. He looks nice, is a tall guy, has nice control. looked better than chahar, also playing his first first class match. Sad these youngsters are just 7-8kmph away from International Standards, which they cannot bridge.

I am surprised how Rajasthan won the Ranji Trophy, just have one decent pacer, couple good batsmen as imports, Chahar has no pace at all, Ankit hmm bowled a few balls in 131k tall guy left hander with ok action, shows how not to rely on numbers in terms of selection for India team , Chahar took 40 wickets, V Kumar has been the highest wicket taker for couple of seasons phew.Dhawan looks good, although we cannot tell because the bowling is mediocre to say the least.I would love to see ROI bowl instead , too bad Vkumar is playing , wished P Parmeswaram bowled instead, also made snse to get a left hander.That 7 to 10 k could sometimes be made up with fitness , getting the action and runup corrected.

Lost interest after 10 overs. Non threatening bowling attack, a very benign pitch with not much in it for the bowlers, not one pacer tyring to hit the deck hard, avg speed of the bowlers 123-124 kmph with occasional deliveries touching 130 kmph. The fastest delivery of the match has been 132 clicks! Won't be surprised to see ROI pile up 500+ and then Rajasthan battling it out for survival.

Lost interest after 10 overs. Non threatening bowling attack, a very benign pitch with not much in it for the bowlers, not one pacer tyring to hit the deck hard, avg speed of the bowlers 123-124 kmph with occasional deliveries touching 130 kmph. The fastest delivery of the match has been 132 clicks! Won't be surprised to see ROI pile up 500+ and then Rajasthan battling it out for survival.
No current Indian test pacer hit the deck hard except Zak some times and Ishant.
everybody tries to hit the deck hard but you need to have the pace also' date='no point hitting the deck hard at 125km/h when the ball will sit up[/quote'] no you are wrong. No one tries to hit the deck hard in Indian bowlers. Munna, Sreesanth, RP, PK, VK, all release the ball to swing and do not hit the deck hard when it does not swing. Even at 130 K you can hit the deck hard like Aasif used to do and hit the seam up right as well as like McGrath and Pollock. There are quite a few bowlers who bowls at around 80 mph but hit the deck hard and get seam movement and cut. You need extra shoulder effort to hit the deck and tight grip on the ball, while most Indian bowlers have soft light grip on the ball so that they release it softly and get swing in the air, but swing is not available every time and every where.
no you are wrong. No one tries to hit the deck hard in Indian bowlers. Munna' date=' Sreesanth, RP, PK, VK, all release the ball to swing and do not hit the deck hard when it does not swing. Even at 130 K you can hit the deck hard like Aasif used to do and hit the seam up right as well as like McGrath and Pollock. There are quite a few bowlers who bowls at around 80 mph but hit the deck hard and always tough. You need extra shoulder to hit the deck and tight grip on the ball, while mos Indian bowlers have soft light grip on the ball so that they release it softly and get swing in the air, but swing is not available every time and every where.[/quote'] Ofcourse sreesanth and rp singh first try to swing the ball as they are swing bowlers,but when pitches are good i have seen both hit the deck hard and get bounce and seam movement particularly in aus or sa,regarding munaf he used to hit the deck hard and occasional ball when he tries he gets good lift ,asif kissed the surface more than hit it hard he did not have the pace to do it but he got seam movement.vinay kumar and pk do not have the pace to hit the deck hard ball with not bounce up to knee if they do it.
Ofcourse sreesanth and rp singh first try to swing the ball as they are swing bowlers' date='but when pitches are good i have seen both hit the deck hard and get bounce and seam movement particularly in aus or sa,regarding munaf he used to hit the deck hard and occasional ball when he tries he gets good lift ,asif kissed the surface more than hit it hard he did not have the pace to do it but he got seam movement.vinay kumar and pk do not have the pace to hit the deck hard ball with not bounce up to knee if they do it.[/quote'] Aasif does not kiss the surface, kiss the surface bowlers are like PK. Aasif hits the seam hard and gets movement. Sreesanth hits the deck hard very rarely and if he does he does not sustain it for long because of lack of stamina. Same is with RP. And hit the deck does not mean, you bowl bouncers or short balls. It is an extra effort though the shoulder and wrist with a tight grip on the ball and picch it just short of length, not full and not short, in between length.
Aasif does not kiss the surface' date=' kiss the surface bowlers are like PK. Aasif hits the seam hard and gets movement. Sreesanth hits the deck hard very rarely and if he does he does not sustain it for long because of lack of stamina. Same is with RP. And hit the deck does not mean, you bowl bouncers or short balls. It is an extra effort though the shoulder and wrist with a tight grip on the ball and picch it just short of length, not full and not short, in between length.[/quote'] Asif does not hit the surface hard ,he bowls at 125-130km/h and a fuller length he kisses the surface only,Sreesanth and rp singh have hit the deck hard when pitches have been quick ,When in rhytm they both can bowl over 140km/h easily ,regarding stamina both are unfit nowadays but in past i have seen sreesanth owling at same speed at end of day in tests matches as in the beginning,rp singh also maintained 140+ in odis.
Asif does not hit the surface hard ' date='he bowls at 125-130km/h and a fuller length he kisses the surface only,Sreesanth and rp singh have hit the deck hard when pitches have been quick ,When in rhytm they both can bowl over 140km/h easily ,regarding stamina both are unfit nowadays but in past i have seen sreesanth owling at same speed at end of day in tests matches as in the beginning,rp singh also maintained 140+ in odis.[/quote'] yaar..Aasif is a hit the deck bowler who seams the ball, not a swing bowler. PK is a swing bowler who kisses the surface. Understand the difference between the two. Aasif is slow but he gets bounce as he is tall and hits the deck.