Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

heartening stuff! this is the way to go! unadkat certainly had more zip and bounce in zim and if he lazed around recently,he shud be given a stern message as well.poor strategic sense to speak. its clear the pace bowling is up for grabs and anyone putting in a decent effort can grab the chances. do only mediocre minds take up bowling in india.
Unadkat's problem has always been consistency. He took 16 wickets on FC debut against West Indies A in England, he has taken an IPL 5 wicket haul before and has been good against Zimbabwe. The reason people look at records rather than watching the bowler once is that we can see whether the bowler provides consistency. Do they shine for one game or series or are they good for several seasons in a row. It is not a matter of lazing around , it is a matter of having a repeatable approach and action so that success in one game can turn into success over several seasons.
Unadkat's problem has always been consistency. He took 16 wickets on FC debut against West Indies A in England' date=' he has taken an IPL 5 wicket haul before and has been good against Zimbabwe. [b']The reason people look at records rather than watching the bowler once is that we can see whether the bowler provides consistency. Do they shine for one game or series or are they good for several seasons in a row. It is not a matter of lazing around , it is a matter of having a repeatable approach and action so that success in one game can turn into success over several seasons.
Agree with that. Would like to add that the repeatable approach that might have brought success in domestics might not do so in internationals. This is where good selection comes in. Choosing those who have a repeatable approach that can succeed in international cricket.
Unadkat is a very mediocre trundler' date=' his natural pace is 125 k which is very poor , his effort ball is 131, selectors are wasting years on him and vk[/quote'] exactly the guy is pathetic and will do nothing at international level. 76 mph bowling today!!! We will waste time on this malnourished loser when we could look at someone with real raw ingredients to do well at international level Can you believ unadkat played a test on debut in SA!!!!! Selectors are insane Fascination with 76 mph bowlers like unadkat and vinnay
The reason people look at records rather than watching the bowler once is that we can see whether the bowler provides consistency.
how are 20 yr olds going to give consistency ? consistency is not going to be the forte of most youngsters because they tend to be immature and skillwise incomplete . say a player's true level is 11. he is at level 8. obviously to reach level 11, he has to fill in missing pieces of the puzzle in skill set and mental aspects of the game. if you are looking at level 8 records, you are only looking for data relevant for that level.not for the real level that will come later. real consistency comes when you are in peak form at your final real level. the youngsters are offering glimpses of what to come but they are still incomplete players. I only expect them to learn and progress step by step. with the track record of indian pacers in the past who often turned up unfit and poorly prepared for a new season, yes its reasonable for me to suspect that he didn't prepare for the series as he should.
Shami impressed me today... I was fan of him from day one after that WI tour but after watching him bowl 140+ outswingers, I will put him right after B.Kumar as our 2nd best bowler... Imagine a squad of B.Kumar - 132 banana in and out swingers M.Shami - 140 outswingers U.Yadav - 145 thunderbolts
shami and umesh both have shown they can swing both ways though umesh lacks control so he should probably just concentrate on out swinger bhuvi on the other hand swings in big but out swinger can be developed more.. over all its good attack if they are consistent enough as shami swings the ball very late so he will always be tricky to handle if it swings and now that he has got his pace back he should also be in test side
shami and umesh both have shown they can swing both ways though umesh lacks control so he should probably just concentrate on out swinger bhuvi on the other hand swings in big but out swinger can be developed more.. over all its good attack if they are consistent enough as shami swings the ball very late so he will always be tricky to handle if it swings and now that he has got his pace back he should also be in test side
weren't you the one who said unadkat is as quick as shammi? Do you agree you were wrong about it?
he was much quicker in zimbabwe series and rranji matches and shami was good 5k slower and good 5kg heavier :winky:
There was no speed gun in Zimbabwe. I don't know how you decided that shammi was slower when he is clearly hitting 140s. I have never seen unadkat hit 140s...:winky:
There was no speed gun in Zimbabwe. I don't know how you decided that shammi was slower when he is clearly hitting 140s. I have never seen unadkat hit 140s...:winky:
you do not need speed gun to see who is quicker also he was making batsmen jump on flat track in ranji anyway even if pace was down after playing long time you cannot blame him much as he did decently well with new ball ..much much better than ishant sharma and that was the discussion anyway
Shami impressed me today... I was fan of him from day one after that WI tour but after watching him bowl 140+ outswingers, I will put him right after B.Kumar as our 2nd best bowler... Imagine a squad of B.Kumar - 132 banana in and out swingers M.Shami - 140 outswingers U.Yadav - 145 thunderbolts
yes imagine and dream. thats all we can do Dhobi will be scared his hand may get hurt and srini will want more southies in. plus it s our culture to have trundlers, we value them and need them apparently, as trundlers are super accurate and pakis value phaaaaaaaaaaaast bowlers so we must not
yes imagine and dream. thats all we can do Dhobi will be scared his hand may get hurt and srini will want more southies in. plus it s our culture to have trundlers, we value them and need them apparently, as trundlers are super accurate and pakis value phaaaaaaaaaaaast bowlers so we must not
If Dhoni hated pace, then Umesh and Varun would not have been picked as early as they were.
you do not need speed gun to see who is quicker also he was making batsmen jump on flat track in ranji anyway even if pace was down after playing long time you cannot blame him much as he did decently well with new ball ..much much better than ishant sharma and that was the discussion anyway
in Zimbabwe unadkat was getting nice bounce and it gave an illusion that this joker was as quick as shammi. Unadkat is a tall bowler, hence he would get bounce on bowling track. but there is a difference in seeing bounce and pace. Don't get fooled by it. Unadkat was never 140s and he never will be. Waste of place in our team when some really talented bowlers bowling their heart out to play for India.