Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

ah i guess ur next account has already been submitted for approval ... mods you can ban him freely now :two_thumbs_up:
dude, I may have opened many accounts but when it comes spotting a cricketing talent, I'm your baap. No one does it better than me. Show me one cricketing talent you spotted after having thousands of posts and watching cricket. :haha: the best you did was to support mohit Sharma, rishi dhawan and you said unadkat was as quick as shami Ahmed...:hysterical:
dude' date=' I may have opened many accounts but when it comes spotting a cricketing talent, I'm your baap. No one does it better than me. Show me one cricketing talent you spotted after having thousands of posts and watching cricket. :haha: the best you did was to support mohit Sharma, rishi dhawan and you said unadkat was as quick as shami Ahmed...:hysterical:[/quote'] great give this guy a medal :two_thumbs_up:

I don't know how many of you guys watched Shami bowl in the second innings of first NZ test, as it was really early morning, but he was superb. He bowled very accurately at high pace of 137 to 144 k throughout, did not drop pace even while bowling his 9 th over on the trot. Moved the ball both ways, both swing and seam. His 3 wickets, along with one run out and one by Zak, basically removed their top order and put them under tremendous pressure. Combination of accuracy and pace can be lethal and Shami showed it. Even in the first innings, Shami was good but was unlucky. He improved upon it in the 2nd.

We are not getting the best out of Shami because he does not have good pace bowlers to back him. There is no pressure from the other side.
Umesh needs to learn from Shami and look at the kind of length he was hitting today. Both are similar in stature, Umesh an inch or 2 taller and a yard quicker. Aaron's natural length is also fuller length. Bowling short will never do much if you do not bowl them with controlled accuracy and at a high pace. They can only be used to surprise the batsmen every now and then with effort and not as stock deliveries.
Umesh needs to learn from Shami and look at the kind of length he was hitting today. Both are similar in stature' date=' Umesh an inch or 2 taller and a yard quicker. Aaron's natural length is also fuller length. Bowling short will never do much if you do not bowl them with controlled accuracy and at a high pace. They can only be used to surprise the batsmen every now and then with effort and not as stock deliveries.[/quote'] Bhai, Umesh is not going to play for india under dhoni now for a long time.I would take him over even shami ,I mean he has bowled so well in every test match he has got chance to play and still does not get a game?Its nothing sort of madness to keep him on the bench better send him to dc.
I don't know how many of you guys watched Shami bowl in the second innings of first NZ test, as it was really early morning, but he was superb. He bowled very accurately at high pace of 137 to 144 k throughout, did not drop pace even while bowling his 9 th over on the trot. Moved the ball both ways, both swing and seam. His 3 wickets, along with one run out and one by Zak, basically removed their top order and put them under tremendous pressure. Combination of accuracy and pace can be lethal and Shami showed it. Even in the first innings, Shami was good but was unlucky. He improved upon it in the 2nd.
He didn't bowl 9 on the trot had lunch break in BTW to regroup tbf .
Umesh needs to learn from Shami and look at the kind of length he was hitting today. Both are similar in stature' date=' Umesh an inch or 2 taller and a yard quicker. Aaron's natural length is also fuller length. Bowling short will never do much if you do not bowl them with controlled accuracy and at a high pace. They can only be used to surprise the batsmen every now and then with effort and not as stock deliveries.[/quote'] Exactly. If continuous short ball strategy has to be tried from time to time then the quicker pacer need to practice well directed bouncers at pace. Medium pacers should not try this. The good length, channel delivery ,without width, at high pace ... is the best stock delivery. Should be bowled ball after ball without respite. This can be punctuated by a good bouncer every over. Shami has done it. Umesh and Aaron should learn from him.
Exactly. If continuous short ball strategy has to be tried from time to time then the quicker pacer need to practice well directed bouncers at pace. Medium pacers should not try this. The good length, channel delivery ,without width, at high pace ... is the best stock delivery. Should be bowled ball after ball without respite. This can be punctuated by a good bouncer every over. Shami has done it. Umesh and Aaron should learn from him.
Every bowler is diff yadav is your strike bowler,at this stage he has to go for wickets and he has been pretty good at that so i could not ask him to alter anything.

One thing I liked about Shami's bowling today was that he always made the batsmen play. They could not leave deliveries, they were so close to the off stump. With such line and length, some balls were bouncing sharply and some were not, some were moving away while others were coming in. There is a lot to learn from this spell.

Every bowler is diff yadav is your strike bowler' date='at this stage he has to go for wickets and he has been pretty good at that so i could not ask him to alter anything.[/quote'] When Umesh takes wickets , he bowls a high percentage of channel deliveries and stump deliveries at really high pace. Punctuated by bouncers. Remember the practice match against Australia in the Champion's trophy. He does not have to change anything. Just be more consistent with the good deliveries and do what he does when he succeeds ...all the time.
He has been the pick of the bowlers ever since he made his test debut irrespective of no.of wickets he took :dance: :dance: would love to see umesh and shami bowling in tandem in one of the tests
Exactly. I too would love to see Shami and Umesh bowl in tandem in a test. Not many captains would have been able to resist it. The tall workhorse Pandey can be a good third seamer.