Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Average Speed -- 142.2 k Fastest Speed -- 147.3 k Shown near the end of his spell. In all the 3 matches his average has been 142 + k which includes numerous slower balls. This means a significant % of deliveries over 144 k, pretty impressive.
deliberate slower balls dont count in average speed measurement. I Hope Varun plays next match and better those speeds.
Because we don't believe in promising fast bowlers. We must have a " Dale Steyn of today " from day one of his international career. Otherwise we prefer PK' date=' VK ....[/quote'] But People forget that Dale Steyn debuted a way back in 2004 while he started performing since 2007-2008. It took him a few years to become what he is right now. You do not get bowlers like McGrath, Lee, Steyn, from day one. Even McGrath was not what he became when he debuted. Same case with Steyn.

Bowlers after 6 matches

Mat 	Inns 	Overs 	Mdns 	Runs 	Wkts 	BBI 	Ave 	Econ 	SR 	4 	5

Munaf

6 	5 	41.0 	2 	235 	2 	1/48 	117.50 	5.73 	123.0 	0 	0 	

Vinay Kumar 

6 	6 	39.5 	4 	258 	5 	2/51 	51.60 	6.47 	47.8 	0 	0

Sreesanth

6 	6 	51.4 	2 	322 	5 	2/39 	64.40 	6.23 	62.0 	0 	0

Srinath

6 	6 	56.0 	1 	277 	7 	2/34 	39.57 	4.94 	48.0 	0 	0 	

Nehra

6 	6 	53.0 	4 	228 	5 	2/33 	45.60 	4.30 	63.6 	0 	0 		

Balaji

6 	6 	40.0 	0 	247 	4 	2/32 	61.75 	6.17 	60.0 	0 	0

But People forget that Dale Steyn debuted a way back in 2004 while he started performing since 2007-2008. It took him a few years to become what he is right now. You do not get bowlers like McGrath' date=' Lee, Steyn, from day one. Even McGrath was not what he became when he debuted. Same case with Steyn.[/quote'] That is the sad part. Fast bowling is a trade that comes with quite a bit of collateral damage, especially in the early parts of the career. Even mature bowlers like Wasim and Waqar used to bowl a lot of no-balls. We in India would never have tolerated that. We must get immediate results. Taking a step today, so that we can reap much bigger gains later, is something that is not very popular among a section of us.
All this talk about Umesh, Varun etc is useless. They are "promising" by Indian standards but below average by International standards. We simply dont have that fast bowling culture like other test playing nations. The best bowler we got in the last five years is Ishant who averages more than 30 and still bowls half trackers. Just thank god that we win so many matches with a weak bowling attack.
Umesh is probably the next best find for us after ZAheer Khan and earlier Srinath. even Sreesanth and Ishant have never consistently bowled 140 K + in ONe days....i have been really impressed by Umesh's consistently being 140 +...his bowling Analysis may not show great rewards but i feel VK got 4 wicekts because UY had pushed the batsmen on the back foot. INDIA depsperately needs a fast bowler and I feel we have UY who has proved himself in the last 3 ONe days....If i wud be DHONI , i would play him in all international matches when He is FIT. i would rate his performance as 9 out of 10 as he has been fantastic.
I think rkt is right...deliberate slower balls are not part of the average measurement. Why not we test this out in the next game?
Even 142K average is very good pace. I don't see any Indian bowler bowled at that pace before in International matches that too consecutive matches. Yesterday for first 4-5 overs, his average speed was around 143.something and then ended up at 142 in his 10 overs which is good speed. There are few bowlers in the world who can ball at that average pace in ODIs. Even Steyn, Morkel, Broad don't.
Umesh is probably the next best find for us after ZAheer Khan and earlier Srinath. even Sreesanth and Ishant have never consistently bowled 140 K + in ONe days....i have been really impressed by Umesh's consistently being 140 +...his bowling Analysis may not show great rewards but i feel VK got 4 wicekts because UY had pushed the batsmen on the back foot. INDIA depsperately needs a fast bowler and I feel we have UY who has proved himself in the last 3 ONe days....If i wud be DHONI , i would play him in all international matches when He is FIT. i would rate his performance as 9 out of 10 as he has been fantastic.
With what ease he can bowl 145, this is really admiring to see....!! bcoz he never seems like, he is pushing it to bowl fast or getting tired. That is the reason that make even other experts to say that if he works a bit more harder on his fitness and action, he can also bowl 150 consistently.

People have to realise that he is a 'strike bowler'. He has been given that role to support the 'lead bowler' and if he goes for runs that doesn't matter. He role is to keep the batsman on the backfoot and get some wickets by rattling the batsman. Sometimes, if strike bowler don't take wickets, the other bowlers takes wickets from the other end. Now, if India has got 1 or 2 fast bowlers after a long time, who can play the role of strike bowlers, don't discourage them.

deliberate slower balls dont count in average speed measurement. I Hope Varun plays next match and better those speeds.
but buddy, it is not true. There is no-one hired to keep note of- how many slower balls every bowler is bowling deliberately and then calculating the average speeds of rest of the balls. It is all done the system automatically and system has simple formula, calculate the average speed with the total no of balls....
Even 142K average is very good pace. I don't see any Indian bowler bowled at that pace before in International matches that too consecutive matches. Yesterday for first 4-5 overs, his average speed was around 143.something and then ended up at 142 in his 10 overs which is good speed. There are few bowlers in the world who can ball at that average pace in ODIs. Even Steyn, Morkel, Broad don't.
Your post sounds incoherent...I am arguing something and you are arguing something else
How do we do that ?
Quite simple really - Just watch every ball that Umesh bowls and note down the speed shown. At the end of the innings (or at the point where they show the f, s, a) calculate two averages - a) for all deliveries, b) for all deliveries minus slower ones. At some point in the game they would have shown his fastest, average, and slowest. Compare a and b until the time the ball when they show his fastest, slowest, and average - the truth will set u free
but buddy' date=' it is not true. There is no-one hired to keep note of- how many slower balls every bowler is bowling deliberately and then calculating the average speeds of rest of the balls. It is all done the system automatically and system has simple formula, calculate the average speed with the total no of balls....[/quote']Test it!

Listen, the best anecdotal evidence for this average speed not including slower balls is that of Jade Dernbach. The guy's average speed is shown to be in the 130s. Now this guy bowled at least 20 of his 60 balls as slower ones. And the fastest of his slower bowls would've been around 125. Now if he bowled all his slower balls between 120 and 125 then for him to average a speed in the high 130s it would mean that the rest of the 40 balls he would've bowled at high 140s or low 150s. Simple logic tells you that. Did he bowl in the high 140s or 150s? Even 10 balls leave alone 40? So what do you think is more likely (remember he has bowled at speeds of 99 kmph and less than 110 too). If his average is 135+ then quite clearly these kinda balls were not included in the computation of his average speed. Secondly, what benefit does it give the viewer for the broadcaster to provide a pseudo average? Surely the broadcaster's ain't so dumb to not understand that the viewers are interested in knowing how fast the bowler is and not just a mathematical quantity?

NOBODY REALIZES THAT HE IS GETTING THE OLD BALL TO BOWL WITH.. If you notice, Vinay Kumar is bowling close to 135kmph with the new ball, with the old ball he touches 130. Hence if Umesh gets a NEW BALL. Pls add 3-4kmph to his fastest of the day which is 148KMPH. So i feel he would cross finn also who went upto 150.4kmph

NOBODY REALIZES THAT HE IS GETTING THE OLD BALL TO BOWL WITH.. If you notice, Vinay Kumar is bowling close to 135kmph with the new ball, with the old ball he touches 130. Hence if Umesh gets a NEW BALL. Pls add 3-4kmph to his fastest of the day which is 148KMPH. So i feel he would cross finn also who went upto 150.4kmph
A 6 over ball is not exactly an old ball. Before the naysayers jump on me...making an observation dunn mean I am against UY. Heel, I am more interested than any of you fellas to see Umesh bowl and bowl fast.
A 6 over ball is not exactly an old ball. Before the naysayers jump on me...making an observation dunn mean I am against UY. Heel, I am more interested than any of you fellas to see Umesh bowl and bowl fast.
It's not that old, but it does make a difference in indian conditions where the ball's condition deteriorate's fast.