Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

But, I must say 1 thing. Outsiders(our coaches and bowling coaches) have come and go but some people like Sachin, VVS, Dhoni are there in the team for so so many years. They must have some impact on our bowlers who have come as a fast bowlers but turned out to be only medium pacers. Same was the case here when before this tour Sachin was teaching Umesh about line and length. And today morning as well when Sachin was into Umesh's ears after evry second ball. As a result, Umesh concentrating only on his line and length bowling between 132-134 and finally got thrashed by tailenders. I mean this shud not be the attitude of any fast bowler. If tailenders are threashing you, you are a fast bowler, you shud come hard at them. On the other hand, Ishant came hard at them, bowling between 142-145 and got the wicket early. And surpringly, Sachin was not into Ishant's ears after every second ball and he got wicket

But, I must say 1 thing. Outsiders(our coaches and bowling coaches) have come and go but some people like Sachin, VVS, Dhoni are there in the team for so so many years. They must have some impact on our bowlers who have come as a fast bowlers but turned out to be only medium pacers. Same was the case here when before this tour Sachin was teaching Umesh about line and length. And today morning as well when Sachin was into Umesh's ears after evry second ball. As a result, Umesh concentrating only on his line and length bowling between 132-134 and finally got thrashed by tailenders. I mean this shud not be the attitude of any fast bowler. If tailenders are threashing you, you are a fast bowler, you shud come hard at them. On the other hand, Ishant came hard at them, bowling between 142-145 and got the wicket early
The older Indian cricketers, who started playing in the 90s or earlier, mostly have a very defensive mentality barring a couple like Ganguly & Kapil. Indian cricket in that era was more about personal records and technical perfection rather than winning incessantly. The effect of these seniors on the more aggressive and selfless youngsters can never be good.

They should let Yadav what he is and not try to make him bowl line and length. He gets wicket because of his natural pace and movement and that is his strength. Line and length ill get better as he bowls more. I will be happy if he can maintain his good SR around 50 overall took wicket at an SR of 39 in this test. He should bowl like an aggressive strike bowler rather than contain. Ishant needs to pick more wickets than what he is getting off late. Needs to bowl fuller here like what he bowled to Clark and Hilfenhous in second innings.

They should let Yadav what he is and not try to make him bowl line and length. He gets wicket because of his natural pace and movement and that is his strength. Line and length ill get better as he bowls more. I will be happy if he can maintain his good SR around 50 overall took wicket at an SR of 39 in this test. He should bowl like an aggressive strike bowler rather than contain. Ishant needs to pick more wickets than what he is getting off late. Needs to bowl fuller here like what he bowled to Clark and Hilfenhous in second innings.
I think this Aussie bowling line up was very disciplined. They bowled the right length just like English bowlers did in England. constantly created opportunities and got rewards. McDermott as bowling coach has been good for them. I dont know what our coaching staff is doing
+1
I think this Aussie bowling line up was very disciplined. They bowled the right length just like English bowlers did in England. constantly created opportunities and got rewards. McDermott as bowling coach has been good for them. I dont know what our coaching staff is doing
Yes MCdermott really worked on their lengths and asked them to bowl fuller even if you are driven that length brings more wicket options like caught behind, caught on covers, lbw, bowled, etc. and gives batsmen less time to adjust. They need to bowl around 3rd and 4th stump consistently while changing length now and then to not be too predictable and bowl surprise bouncer or yorkers, etc.
Yes MCdermott really worked on their lengths and asked them to bowl fuller even if you are driven that length brings more wicket options like caught behind' date=' caught on covers, lbw, bowled, etc. and gives batsmen less time to adjust. They need to bowl around 3rd and 4th stump consistently while changing length now and then to not be too predictable and bowl surprise bouncer or yorkers, etc.[/quote'] You can bowl fuller when you have movement ishant of 2007-2009 had that a great inswinger even though his pace was down he still got wickets now he bowling at 150 but the inswinger is missing,His wrist earlier even though was falling assisted his inswing now its up and down stuff.he has to look at his footage and some how get his natural inswinger back.
You can bowl fuller when you have movement ishant of 2007-2009 had that a great inswinger even though his pace was down he still got wickets now he bowling at 150 but the inswinger is missing' date='His wrist earlier even though was falling assisted his inswing now its up and down stuff.he has to look at his footage and some how get his natural inswinger back.[/quote'] Yes. His seam is not upright right but on these teracks where there is grass you can still get the movement of the pitch, like the ball to Clark. If you had watched Aus versus SA tests, Philander was not hitting seam and seam was wobbly, was not that great was still getting movement. On a track where there is always something for fast bowlers it is important to attack the batsmen and let them bring forward rather than giving them time to stay on back foot. Batsmen can easily be late in coming forward and assessing the swing and movement. Look at Dravid, he was late in coming forward, ball was very straight but played wrong line. Attacking stumps or just around off stump at a full length got driven is much better than bowling short or back of a length. It can only contain batsmen most of the time. The example is Styen. He mostly bowls fuller length straight and looks threatening even with no swing or movement.
agreed..and ishant did not pick up wickets and thts why pressure got relived..26/4 from tht position any side would blow the batting line up..not allow them to make 240

Mahi should have kept Yadav on longer and ZK, when Aus had 2 wickets left on morning of day 4. Yadav would have got the breakthrough. Looked threatening. I am sure hilfy and pattison loved ashwin coming on (spin didnt favour him) and ishant. Yadav is good. Gets occassional seam/swing movement and that element is enough to create wickets when you consider his good line n length and pace.

Yes. His seam is not upright right but on these teracks where there is grass you can still get the movement of the pitch, like the ball to Clark. If you had watched Aus versus SA tests, Philander was not hitting seam and seam was wobbly, was not that great was still getting movement. On a track where there is always something for fast bowlers it is important to attack the batsmen and let them bring forward rather than giving them time to stay on back foot. Batsmen can easily be late in coming forward and assessing the swing and movement. Look at Dravid, he was late in coming forward, ball was very straight but played wrong line. Attacking stumps or just around off stump at a full length got driven is much better than bowling short or back of a length. It can only contain batsmen most of the time. The example is Styen. He mostly bowls fuller length straight and looks threatening even with no swing or movement.
Earlier his seam was also wobbly but he still got great inswing but now its missing so ishant is not getting the movement he used to so when he picthes up he is driven ,so its affects his confidence ,and he resorts to bowling to contain ,he has to get his insiwnger for that he has change his wrist postion at time of delivery to what it was earlier.

I have never seen a bowler improve so dramatically as Yadav has. When he 1st started playing in the IPL he was fast, wayward and gun barrell straight. When he played against Zimbabwe i thought he would never make it. Now he looks like a fantastic prospect, i really hope he does not fade after 6 months to a year because he looks like the real deal. He is a genuine wicket taker. I don't trust the readings of the speed guns in this match. Hilfenhaus was apparently bowling a little slower than Yadav but to the naked eye, Yadav looked much quicker.

Just one thing he has gotten in to the habbit bowling in odis and t20 of bowling too much behind the crease ' date='If he just gets close to the line he will be even more quicker.[/quote'] Even in test, the commies said he bowls like 6 inches behind the crease. Good habit to get into to avoid no balls but as you say he is not getting more pace to reach the batsmen. I wonder if this guy will make it as an odi cricketer.. He is looking good enough for test cricket.