Ra.One-Superhero Flick

rkt.india

After reading tons of bad reviews of the movie, i actually went and watched it. I didnt find it bad at all.... The starting scenes of the 3 Lee babes is a dream sequence of a 6 yr old kid who wants his dad to be hero.... now I have never had a dream which was logical, so i can understand that scene.... The rest of the movie though, not so great wasnt bad either... I do agree though that Robot was better... Ra One didnt move me emotionally any time during the movie... But I saw Robot without watching a single trailer or reading a single review so i went in with a blank mind and thoroughly enjoyed it. Whereas i saw Ra one with a mind full of bad reviews... which by the time the movie ended seemed a bit unfair.. Making a movie is an incredible effort and I appreciate the pain taken by the director and producer of this movie in attempting a movie of this scale without prior experience. /incoherent review due to work stress :--D

They took risk of making a sci fi film and invested a lot of money' date='instead of remaking south movies like gajni ,singham,wanted,bodyguard,ready.[/quote'] That is why we need to commend their effort rather than being too critical. Ra.One may to be perfect but then no film is. Indian film makers usually need to do some compromises according to the lead actor of the movie.

Finally watched the movie and my first opinion is that the movie is not as bad as some of the reviews say. It's the industry's first attempt at such a movie, lets not expect a lot. There are some obvious weaknesses, but lets cut them some slack. The effects are good. I understand they have been done by artists from outside, but that's not a big deal. Like the big tech companies get their codes written by Indians. Some scenes remind me of certain English films, but then it's a sci-fi, even Hollywood sci-fi movies copy stuff from each other, so no big deal with ra.one. Acting: Ever seen a video game character act well? So why do you expect this one to act well? Actually, SRK has acted well by not acting well because that video game character is not supposed to act well. So it was deliberate. SRK for national award. Bebo looked hot. That's all she does in all her movies, lets not try to change it. The kid looked a bit effed up , but what will he do with a videogame character chasing him and another one babysitting him and the mother romancing a videogame character immediately after his father died? So, the kids character was also natural, you see? I wonder who will win if G.one, Ra.one, the terminator, Neo, aliens, predators, avatars, t-rex, robo-cop and bat-man fight. May be Chitti will own them all.