West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Can't wait to see Varun and Umesh bowl in Mumbai. Although with a clown like Dhoni' date=' he might only pick one of those two based on the conditons :mad:[/quote'] We go in with 2-2 combo,so in all probability you will see only one of Aaron or Yadav playing ,as Ishant will play all tests.

Good team but I have my reservations over very inexperienced bowling line-up. Out of 6 bowlers , only two have played test cricket. Bhajji didn't deserve such a harsh treatment, but not unhappy either as he seems to be taking his place for granted. PK should've been there , dunno why he is dropped. Would've preferred an in-form Jadeja over Yuvi , but Yuvi deserves his chance as he hasn't done too badly before he got injured. Rest , as expected.

bowling doesn't look too bad. sehwag is a great part-time option. At home he's almost an all rounder. So technically we have 2.5 spinners' date=' which is more than enough to roll over the WI team.[/quote'] Sehwag hasnt bowled for a while. He had a shoulder injury and he wouldnt want to put too much stress on his shoulders by bowling.
:facepalm: Yuvraj Singh is not even in the same galaxy as Rahul Dravid in Test cricket.
Exactly.When an all time great like Dravid struggled in his first tour of Aus why are u surprised Yuvi struggled. I dont thin that record reflects his ability to play in Aus. I dont think he should be our no.6 for Aus tour that should be youngsters like Pujara or Kohli. But he does have decent technique to succeed in Australia.Because apart from bounce often they are much flatter than our wkts.
I still have my doubts over Sehwag's fitness. He did say he felt pain while throwing and given the disastrous comeback during Eng series' date=' should have been asked to play a first class match to ensure he is fully fit for the rigors of test cricket.[/quote'] Well he said,this time he will only be back when he is 100% fit,so he will be fully fit. :dontknow:
Exactly.When an all time great like Dravid struggled in his first tour of Aus why are u surprised Yuvi struggled. I dont thin that record reflects his ability to play in Aus. I dont think he should be our no.6 for Aus tour that should be youngsters like Pujara or Kohli. But he does have decent technique to succeed in Australia.Because apart from bounce often they are much flatter than our wkts.
Yuvi also struggled on his 1st tour in NZ,WI etc,where Dravid was excellent on his 1st tour.So this kind of Lahori logic doesnt work.
First-class 20 34 3388 1788 69 7/74 8/79 25.91 3.16 49.1 2 4 0 Umesh's FC record, i say it's very impressive for a guy playing the PLATE division. Definitely worth a try, at least better record than Varun AAron.
Umesh First-class 20 34 3388 1788 69 7/74 8/79 25.91 3.16 49.1 2 4 0 Sreesanth First-class 68 12198 7132 200 5/40 35.66 3.50 60.9 8 6 0 RP Singh First-class 63 11866 6536 215 6/50 30.40 3.30 55.1 10 8 1 Munaf First-class 54 9839 4661 192 6/50 24.27 2.84 51.2 12 7 1 Vinay Kumar First-class 63 11779 5614 233 8/32 24.09 2.85 50.5 6 11 2 If you see here Umesh has the best Strike Rate(Blue) of all these bowlers, and only second to average(Red) of munaf's, thats very marginal too. He is still the best bet out of all these bowlers. Strike rate is better indicative of how many balls he takes to take a wicket in FC matches. I would say people saying he doesn't have a good FC record, dint have a CLUE what they were talking. Even though except Vinay everyone has played test cricket which adds to theiir FC record, even then Umesh stacks up pretty well and is a very good candidate to try out.

I wonder what prompted the selectors to pick Kohli over Raina. I mean Kohli did pretty poorly even in the West Indies where Raina did well and it helped him get in the side against England where he did poorly. But then again, the whole team did nothing over there and there's nothing to suggest that Kohli would have done well in England. I feel Raina was treated a bit unfairly.

No, I 'd go with 3 pacers and one spinner especially since we're playing in Mumbai, kolkata, and Delhi who are a little more suited for Pace bowlers. 6 batsmen + WK + Ishant + Aaron + Yadav + Ojha
India has always historically exploited opposition's weakness for spin at home by preparing slow turning pitches and going with 2+2 combination and this time it wont be any different. A reason why there are 3+3 selection.
No, I 'd go with 3 pacers and one spinner especially since we're playing in Mumbai, kolkata, and Delhi who are a little more suited for Pace bowlers. 6 batsmen + WK + Ishant + Aaron + Yadav + Ojha
Just because they are a little more suited for pace, doesnt mean the ball will be bouncing and swinging around like Perth or Cape Town throughout the match. In India, you always go with two spinners.
Yuvi also struggled on his 1st tour in NZ' date='WI etc,where Dravid was excellent on his 1st tour.So this kind of Lahori logic doesnt work.[/quote'] I dont know how this is lahori logic. Nzl like English wickets offers lot of seam movement so its harld surprising he struggled there.I dont think he is good enough to play in spinning wkts eithers.Frankly i wont select him for Aus tour either because youngster like Pujara should be selected and given chance. All i am saying is Aus wkts are pretty flat contrary to popular belief and apart from bounce more often than not much flatter that Indian wkts.And hence Yuvi has the technique to play on these wkts because he likes ball pace on the wkt and could play well.He is a pretty good puller and cutter and will suit these wkts. I simply dont think his ave. 4 was representation of his ability to play on Aus pitches.He will fare much better if he is given another chance this time though i too agree he shouldnt be selected for test team. But i certainly dont think his poor tour of Aus last time represents him abilities to play on Aus pitches just like Dhoni's isnt either. I am pretty sure similarly Dhoni too will play much better than last time when he had a poor time (particularly in 1st 2 tests).
I wonder what prompted the selectors to pick Kohli over Raina. I mean Kohli did pretty poorly even in the West Indies where Raina did well and it helped him get in the side against England where he did poorly. But then again' date=' the whole team did nothing over there and there's nothing to suggest that Kohli would have done well in England. I feel Raina was treated a bit unfairly.[/quote'] Because Kohli 's FC record is much better than Raina.Raina should never have been selected for test team.It was poor of selectors to pick him for test team based on ODI form