West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Also Raina' date=' Gauti, Viru and PP have made a grand total of 122 runs over three matches. That is an average of 10 odd :wall:[/quote'] no worries about PP as this probably is his last series ever for india but the others do concern me a lot especially raina and gauti as they have a lot of potential but havent shined as much as say a kohli has even though they have been longer than kohli in the team... even rohit has made a bigger name for him now...

@sabby2013: Please read this:

Windies are a crap team' date= we are just doing horrible that's all. We need to step our game up, top order keeps failing!
Hope you got my point? what you say NOW? same case :) but why you not having same argument you had with me with "Cricket_2_Death" now? (pm me if you feel it offtopic here...)
West indies deserves kudos for holding their nerves and pulling one out. But let's not disregard the bigger picture 1- India is taking things way to easily and top order is playing like school cricketers again. The bowling line up is being changed every single game and lack of continuity (except for vinay ko-maar) is hurting the youngsters. Gambhir and Raina need a kick on their rear-ends to get going again. 2- The ICC should seriously consider taking test status away from the Windies and making them an LOI-only team like they did to Zimbabwe a few years back. It is troubling to see them suck against all quality teams in tests. In ODI's they are fairly competitive though not in the top eschelon of teams.
Their Test team is far from being eliminated from the league. In fact, I think they are even better than Sri Lanka ATM. I can't imagine you said this after India getting into tight situations in both 1st and 3rd Tests. Believe me they have got it in them to compete at Test level. And also, ZIM wasn't banned by ICC, it was a self imposed ban. They banned themselves, and lifted it themselves when they thought it was time.
Dhoni not being there is surely a set back. But the WI bowlers have been good enough to get rid of this "in-form" Raina cheaply each time' date=' so you have to give it to them.[/quote'] soft dismissal in first, did not have much to do in 2nd another soft dismissal, unlucky poor decision in third.
Their Test team is far from being eliminated from the league. In fact' date=' [b']I think they are even better than Sri Lanka ATM. I can't imagine you said this after India getting into tight situations in both 1st and 3rd Tests. Believe me they have got it in them to compete at Test level. And also, ZIM wasn't banned by ICC, it was a self imposed ban. They banned themselves, and lifted it themselves when they thought it was time.
Ok you might think that West Indies is better than SL atm.... but just a cursory glance at Windies test record over the past 10 years should be enough to back my claim. They have won a grand total of 14, yes 14 test matches out of 99 games played over 10 years. Only teams more pathetic then them are Zim and Bangladesh. I stand corrected on Zimbabwe's ban but it was obvious at the time that no other team would be willing to play in Zimbabwe due to the political situation. But Windies could do something similar and impose a ban on playing tests. I mean your best batter by far (gayle) is playing for local t20 team's all over the world while the board and players go back and forth with ego issues. This situation is not condusive to playing cricket at the highest level. It is just sad to see such a storied cricketing nation get embarrassed time and again with occassional good performances from individuals.