Should Ravindra Jadeja be tried in Test cricket at Home

Nope' date=' let him earn his place in tests by performing in domestic matches.[/quote'] He ave over 40 with the bat and less than 30 with the ball in FC cricket.Surely these performances earn him a place in the side if we play an all rounder. My basic point is not that Jadeja should be played but in our flat wkts we should play with an all rounder.And Jadeja deserves to be our no.1 all rounder based on his domestic performances imo
Exactly my point.We struglle to bowl teams out with 4 bowlers and Ojha struggles to take much wickets in these flat wkts.We have unfortunately have to use Ohja as a containing bowler and depend on fast bowlers to take 20 wkts often if it isnt his fault. Now we are going to suddenly change flat wickets into bowling pitches so surely the best way forward is to play 5 bowlers which gives us the better option of taking 20 wkts quickly. Also since Ohja is used more as a containing bowler jadeja can perform this role as good if not better and with 3 fast bowlers we will be much better off. Now i am not saying ohja 's performances are at fault but unfortunately these are batting paradises we often play.So we should be looking for a better balanced attack which can take 20 wickets quickly and playing Jadeja and 4 other bowlers(Thus 5 man attack) gives us better chance of that than only Ohja and 4 man attack.
Unfortunately Jadeja's doesnt make it a balanced attack. He weakens the batting and only adds a few overs to the bowling which even a Raina or a Sehwag can do/have been doing.
Unfortunately Jadeja's doesnt make it a balanced attack. He weakens the batting and only adds a few overs to the bowling which even a Raina or a Sehwag can do/have been doing.
Sorry thats simly not true.He ave less than 30 in FC cricket and isnt that much different to Ohja if anythingand far superior to the likes of Raina and Sehwag. Comparing his bowling to the likes of Raina is ridiculous.
ATM' date=' Jaddu is a poor man's Yuvi. Going by your arguments, Yuvi is way ahead of him to gain that test spot[/quote'] If Yuvi had the FC bowling records like Jadeja has then it would have been same logic. But Yuvi Bowl ave 57 in FC Cricket whereas jadeja's is 29.Infact jadeja has nearly taken 5 times more wkts than Yuvi so hardly the same logic

in my view jadeja is ready for test cricket but who would do you drop ? there is also well known left arm spinner ( Pragyan Ojha ) Few positive points abt Jadeja 1,fielding 2,he can bat 3, he can bowl and vary his pace I still feel his mentally not that strong to handle pressure , when it comes to test cricket Please correct me if am wrong

in my view jadeja is ready for test cricket but who would do you drop ? there is also well known left arm spinner ( Pragyan Ojha ) Few positive points abt Jadeja 1,fielding 2,he can bat 3, he can bowl and vary his pace I still feel his mentally not that strong to handle pressure , when it comes to test cricket Please correct me if am wrong
Well we can only find that out by giving him a chance in test cricket
Even Afridi can bat, ball, and field.

To be fair to Jaddu,I always beleived he has a good technique as a batsman....He looks like someone who when settles down can play a decent innings and his bowling has always been decent and fielding top notch. Technically he is a better batsman than Bhajji(who in recent times has become more of an allrounder),Yusuf Pathan,Irfan Pathan and even MSD.I am sure Jaddu will do better than even Dhoni in swinging and seaming conditions with the bat.