Breaking Bad (Highly Recommended)

Rajiv

Sir Anthony Hopkins sent Bryan Cranston a fan letter after binge-watching all “six seasons” of Breaking Bad over the span of two weeks. Hopkins’ publicist confirmed to BuzzFeed that the letter was genuine and sent by the actor himself. http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/anthony-hopkins-sent-brian-cranston-and-the-cast-of-breaking

Dear Mister Cranston. I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency. I’ve just finished a marathon of watching “BREAKING BAD” - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing. I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant! Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever. I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I’ve sort of lost belief in anything really. But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers…. every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome. From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy. If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance … The list is endless. Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence. You and all the cast are the best actors I’ve ever seen. That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It’s almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email. Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor. Best regards Tony Hopkins.
:hail:

Finally watched S05P2 of the greatest show on earth. Still feel S04 ending was the best, should have kept it for the finale. Watched all in one night. The finale was more about tying all loose ends. The weakest part was about Uncle Jack calling Jesse out just to prove a point to a dying man who he would have killed anyway. Who does that. Still feel there was no need to end Andrea. Todd could have still shown how he can kill her any moment and kept get cook going. The Lydia ending , I missed it completely. It was so so sweet. I think Todd and Lydia would have done it, because subtly he mentions her stunning blouse, one starts to get personal after...you know what..

Ending was kinda sad. Evil always wins. But we are fed lies in the movies and series :sad: He should have gone on to enjoy with all his money. That would have been a good ending.
No. ethically it would be a bad story. As the title indicates, the story is about how a good guy turns into a bad one due to circumstances in life. From a college professor to a drug kingpin, it shows a believable transformation of character.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/15-things-we-learned-from-the-new--breaking-bad--documentary-001529968.html
5. Bryan Cranston can take a punch. During the filming of the pivotal scene at the end of "Blood Money," where Hank confronts Walt about being Heisenberg (aka the "Tread Lightly" scene), Cranston wore two hats: actor and director. (Cranston directed three episodes of "BB," including that one.) And he pushed for authenticity… even at the expense of his own face. The show's stunt coordinator Laurence Chavez says Cranston insisted on making Hank punching Walt look real, despite Chavez's objections: "You want to keep him safe, but you also want to get him what he's looking for." Plus, we get an intriguing look at an unused take of that scene, with a much more emotional Hank calling Walt to task for his misdeeds. BBS5B-Gallery-2067-3-RGB-V2-Brown-jpg_202043.jpg
:hatsoff: