Spot-fixing: Butt, Asif and Aamer found guilty, sentenced to jail !!

SachDan

WTF.... He got a lighter sentence because he plead "GUILTY".... He did it.... by his own admission he got sucked in and panicked, but he did it... How can there be any leaniency shown... He broke the cardinal rule and has served part of his sentence (the prison element)... He now needs to cop his whack (the ban) for what he did.... There is no leniancy, he took money to influence a result, how can you down play that.... If this guy is allowed to play for Pakistan again, no result they have good or bad matters... it is tainted by a cheat... Unbelievable.
These are Pakistani fans for you... they were more upset at Eng authorities for nabbing the fixers than with their players who fixed matches while playing for their country. If an Indian player is ever caught for match-fixing, I wouldn't want to have him anywhere near Indian cricket, forget about coming back into the team. That's something I can't figure out about Pakis - they harp about "honor" and "shame" but they are willing to bring back a match-fixer into the team :omg: Can you even imagine the dynamics of the team when other clean players and youngsters share the same dressing room with the chap who fixed games.

I hope he comes out and apologizes to his fans and countrymen. After that he should work with the ICC on getting the rest of the fixers in the Pak team (Kakmals, Farhat, Malik, Kaneria, Inzi, Rana etc..) Only after that should he be allowed to play again. If he doesn't cooperate he stays banned forever.

These are Pakistani fans for you... they were more upset at Eng authorities for nabbing the fixers than with their players who fixed matches while playing for their country. If an Indian player is ever caught for match-fixing' date=' I wouldn't want to have him anywhere near Indian cricket, forget about coming back into the team. That's something I can't figure out about Pakis - they harp about "honor" and "shame" but they are willing to bring back a match-fixer into the team :omg: Can you even imagine the dynamics of the team when other clean players and youngsters share the same dressing room with the chap who fixed games.[/quote'] Errr he didn't fix any match. He was sentenced for spot-fixing. There's a saying, "You reap what you sow". Aamer was involved in spot-fixing, got awarded a sentence. He is reaping the result of his actions. Now once the sentence ends, he, like every former wrong doer, has the fundamental right to live freely in the society and do as he pleases under rules and regulations of course. And that includes playing Cricket.
Errr he didn't fix any match. He was sentenced for spot-fixing. There's a saying, "You reap what you sow". Aamer was involved in spot-fixing, got awarded a sentence. He is reaping the result of his actions. Now once the sentence ends, he, like every former wrong doer, has the fundamental right to live freely in the society and do as he pleases under rules and regulations of course. And that includes playing Cricket.
Not that simple. Iss mudde ke do pehlu hain. 1) Aamer pleaded guilty to cheating at gambling and accepting bribes/corrupt payment. This was because he contravened the laws in the UK on gambling. Had this been a match where was no betting, and had Aamer just spot fixed for the lulz, he wouldn't have faced these charges. The jail term was for his offenses against the British law. It has nothing to do with cricket. It would have been the same had he been a football player or a boxer who deliberately underperformed or simply a juari who held spare Aces in his sleeve and cheated people of a lot of money at a game of rummy. 2) Aamer acted against the spirit of the game, and the ICC decided to punish him by banning him from the game for 5 years. That ban had nothing to do with the criminal proceedings against Aamer. The two pronouncements are independent. Personally I think Pak shouldn't take him back to the team.
^What's the objective of a jail sentence? What exactly is achieved by it? I'd like to know that.
Jail is a standard form of punishment for significant or major crimes.... The question you ask is philosophical i assume rather than literal... The guy committed gross fraud.... He took money with the intent of influencing a result design to enable those that paid him to profit (sting or not the underlying issue is the same).... There is no excuse for what he did... Has served the jail sentene which is the criminal punishment so he is entitled to freedom again out of the confinement of prison... The second and absolute separate is the determination of a sporting association to ban him.... The ICC and the court do not, did not and are not in cahoots and the two judgements are entirely independant.... He did the crime, now pay the price.... No ifs or buts, no I'm sorry let me off early no short cuts..... The arguement about the poor guy now not being able to play at the highest level, now not able to earn a living from cricket is just dumb.... No one forced him to take the money... with the money in cricket nowadays, taking a bribe is just dumb... your earning potential in the game legitimately has to be greater (if your any good or for some mediocre enough). There is absolutely no arguement you could make for him to be allowed to paly before the expiry of the ban here.... IMO and I'm not trying to be silly, let it go mate

holy ****, just got indicted a couple of months ago nd now absolved :omg: anyway, wont be surprised to se him picked by pcb nd again supported by the paki fans, such a disgrace if he plays again, i mean suppose he again bowls a no ball(unintentional), still the commies nd expert would have suspicion nd reminiscence of the previous episode will be back.... well lets see what happens

I hope he comes out and apologizes to his fans and countrymen. After that he should work with the ICC on getting the rest of the fixers in the Pak team (Kakmals, Farhat, Malik, Kaneria, Inzi, Rana etc..)Only after that should he be allowed to play again. If he doesn't cooperate he stays banned forever.
How many are actually are in the suspect list? Wahab Riaz too, if I am not mistaken?
Jail is a standard form of punishment for significant or major crimes.... The question you ask is philosophical i assume rather than literal... The guy committed gross fraud.... He took money with the intent of influencing a result design to enable those that paid him to profit (sting or not the underlying issue is the same).... There is no excuse for what he did... Has served the jail sentene which is the criminal punishment so he is entitled to freedom again out of the confinement of prison... The second and absolute separate is the determination of a sporting association to ban him.... The ICC and the court do not, did not and are not in cahoots and the two judgements are entirely independant.... He did the crime, now pay the price.... No ifs or buts, no I'm sorry let me off early no short cuts..... The arguement about the poor guy now not being able to play at the highest level, now not able to earn a living from cricket is just dumb.... No one forced him to take the money... with the money in cricket nowadays, taking a bribe is just dumb... your earning potential in the game legitimately has to be greater (if your any good or for some mediocre enough). There is absolutely no arguement you could make for him to be allowed to paly before the expiry of the ban here.... IMO and I'm not trying to be silly, let it go mate
Listen, I'm completely against the idea of reducing his punishment.I fully endorse the punishments handed out to the trio. Nowhere did I say his ban duration should be lessened. I see you misunderstood my post.
Should be drafted back into the team as soon as his ban expires' date=' subject to fitness and form of course.[/quote'] Not sure if you're trolling or serious. Why the feck would you want a fixer in your team just when it looks like the Pakistan team is doing well again? Actually, why the feck would you want a fixer in your team at any time?
Not sure if you're trolling or serious. Why the feck would you want a fixer in your team just when it looks like the Pakistan team is doing well again? Actually, why the feck would you want a fixer in your team at any time?
By your definition, every person who wrongs must be put to death because he will always commit the same evil when he is released. Second chances dude. He wasn't let off without punishment you know.
^What's the objective of a jail sentence? What exactly is achieved by it? I'd like to know that.
Ideally speaking, a jail is supposed to be a correctional facility. So when you are done with the jail term, you have been reformed into a 'good' citizen. Take an example. You have a teller who works in the bank and is entrusted with the key to the main locker that houses all the money. One fine day, he decides to rob a few notes from the safe, thinking that no one would notice a few missing rupees. Unfortunately for him, the CCTV camera catches him red handed and the manager of the bank hands him over to the police. He is sentenced to a year in jail. Do you think that upon his release he can go back to that bank (or any bank) and say " Now that I've served my jail term you should hire me because I'm reformed and also because I've been the most efficient/ fastest teller in the business and deserve a place back purely on merit"? The bank reserves the right to take a call on whom to employ and can debar him form working for them ever again. And it would be justified in doing so. A similar thing is happening here.
Ideally speaking, a jail is supposed to be a correctional facility. So when you are done with the jail term, you have been reformed into a 'good' citizen. Take an example. You have a teller who works in the bank and is entrusted with the key to the main locker that houses all the money. One fine day, he decides to rob a few notes from the safe, thinking that no one would notice a few missing rupees. Unfortunately for him, the CCTV camera catches him red handed and the manager of the bank hands him over to the police. He is sentenced to a year in jail. Do you think that upon his release he can go back to that bank (or any bank) and say " Now that I've served my jail term you should hire me because I'm reformed and also because I've been the most efficient/ fastest teller in the business and deserve a place back purely on merit"? The bank reserves the right to take a call on whom to employ and can debar him form working for them ever again. And it would be justified in doing so. A similar thing is happening here.
Let's leave it to the bank to decide then. I'm sure they won't need to provide justification to include him provided he shows remorse.
+1.. good example
If the ICC never wanted to see the trio back' date=' they would've been slapped with a life bans. It's simple, really.[/quote'] Yes i didnt know should refuse to Play Pakistan.Pakistanis have a special treatment in ICC Azhar Jadeja never played why should trio play Again ? If they do all the teams should refuse to play with Pakistan.