Drop Ishant Sharma

ind cant bowl for toffee specially the pacers, the only thing ind supporters can do is hope and pray and maybe once in a year someone will listen to that
pakistan cant bowl for toffee. let's not talk about pacers as the yhave none. the four man spin attack of ajmal, rehman, gul and junaid is pretty pathetic.
He has abllity to dismiss any batsman in the world as he has a potent out swing at decent pace and I was a big supporter of him since I saw him first in 2004 against NZ in a tour match, but his temperament and noncommittal behavior has not helped him at all. Look at how many international or domestic matches he has played in last 3 years and how many he skipped due to some reasons. Every time, he plays matches without following his fitness regime, he gets injured again. If he had put hard yards in his fitness alone, he would have been first choice bowler ahead of Ishant.
We don't have anyone like him right now. He should be in the test team let alone not even in test squad! A person of his calibre shouldn't be rotting away in domestic. It doesn't help him. He should be bowling to international class batsmen. Build the seamers around Sree.

Ishant has picked 52 wickets in his last 13 tests at 31. Has bowled a number of match winning spells, some of which are Mohali vs Aus 2nd innings, After Aus were 87/0, picked Watson, Ponting and Clarke in a space of 10 deliveries to turn the match around. Nagpur vs New Zealand, 7/58 in the only test match we won. Kingston vs WI, 6/110 in the test we won Should have been on the winning side for his 10/103 and 6/140 in the other two tests. The spell at Lord's where he took out KP, Bell and Trott within 3 overs and then again the 2nd test at Nottingham, alas we couldn't finish them off. Post these spells he faded away and lost his confidence partially due to back back 6-7 tests in 50 days time. All this in last 12 months. Yes, there have been massive disappointment like the SA tour, but he has shown that he is maturing. Will need to be more consistent though and if could a yorker to his armory, would help him get some cheap tailender wickets to further improve those stats.

We don't have anyone like him right now. He should be in the test team let alone not even in test squad! A person of his calibre shouldn't be rotting away in domestic. It doesn't help him. He should be bowling to international class batsmen. Build the seamers around Sree.
But a bowler who cannot even stay fit, how can team build seamers around him. Captain does not what kind of Sree takes the ground on any given day.

Ishant is the most naturally talented pacer we've now. Don't think we have someone better or even close to him sitting out. Lack of thinking ability is actually the lack of experience as of now.He is already picking wickets and he will improve from here. Don't be like fair weather fans.

We cannot speculate how he would turn out. L Siva took 12 wickets when he was 17. He didn't really go on to become a great bowler though he had lot of talent. Irfan Pathan is another case in point. He also started well only to deteriorate very badly. Statistically Ishant is good. But if you break down his stats ' date=' his best stats are against Bangladesh and West Indies. One reason i don't see him turning into a great bowler is he clearly lacks variation and he is not an all season bowler who can do well in any condition.[/quote'] But do you think bowlers are made all season bowlers from day one. No. They learn and then become. You do not see many bowlers like Ishant. Take the name of any young bowler right now Broad, Morkel. Do they have any better stats than Ishant. No. A guy who has already taken 125 test wickets at 23. He can only improve from here on and he has that will to do well. He bowled 300 overs over 7 tests in 2 months this summer. How many Indian fast bowlers have done this. No one is saying he will become a great fast bowler ever like McGrath, Steyn, Donald, but only if we had any better bowlers than him commitment wise or bowling wise, we could have argued that he should not be in the team. People only remember bad times, but forget the match turning and match winning spells he has bowled since he debuted. You talk about WI and BD, but forget his MOS performance against Aus. His hostile spell of bowling against SA at Eden Gardens. Forget his another hostile bowling spell on a road in one of SL test when we did not have Zak and Bhajji. We forget his spell of bowling at Lords and Nottingham. We forget his brilliant spell of 3 wicket in 2 overs at Mohali against Aus last year. We forget how we could only win one test against NZ last year ands that too when he took 7 wickets. We, our captain, and team management think, only spinners can win us matches at home, but if you look at the stats, Ishant has the best bowling performance in India in last 4 years and spinners have not done anything much to be talked about. Other than that, too much expectations, we expect a 22 year old bowler to lead our attack and win us every second match. Ishant has developed as a bowler and he will continue his progress. We cannot discard a bowler who has taken 125 test wickets only at the age of 22. If it was the case, we should have discarded Srinath and Zak also because all these 3 were quite similar at 125 wicket stage of their career.
But do you think bowlers are made all season bowlers from day one. No. They learn and then become. You do not see many bowlers like Ishant. Take the name of any young bowler right now Broad, Morkel. Do they have any better stats than Ishant. No. A guy who has already taken 125 test wickets at 23. He can only improve from here on and he has that will to do well. He bowled 300 overs over 7 tests in 2 months this summer. How many Indian fast bowlers have done this. No one is saying he will become a great fast bowler ever like McGrath, Steyn, Donald, but only if we had any better bowlers than him commitment wise or bowling wise, we could have argued that he should not be in the team. People only remember bad times, but forget the match turning and match winning spells he has bowled since he debuted. You talk about WI and BD, but forget his MOS performance against Aus. His hostile spell of bowling against SA at Eden Gardens. Forget his another hostile bowling spell on a road in one of SA test when we did not have Zak and Bhajji. We forget his spell of bowling at Lords and Nottingham. We forget his brilliant spell of 3 wicket in 2 overs at Mohali against Aus last year. We forget how we could only win one test against NZ last year ands that too when he took 7 wickets. We, our captain, and team management think, only spinners can win us matches at home, but if you look at the stats, Ishant has the best bowling performance in India in last 4 years and spinners have not done anything much to be talked about. Other than that, too much expectations, we expect a 22 year old bowler to lead our attack and win us every second match. Ishant has developed as a bowler and he will continue his progress. We cannot discard a bowler who has taken 125 test wickets only at the age of 22. If it was the case, we should have discarded Srinath and Zak also because all these 3 were quite similar at 125 wicket stage of their career.
brilliant post RKT. :two_thumbs_up:
But do you think bowlers are made all season bowlers from day one. No. They learn and then become. You do not see many bowlers like Ishant. Take the name of any young bowler right now Broad, Morkel. Do they have any better stats than Ishant. No. A guy who has already taken 125 test wickets at 23. He can only improve from here on and he has that will to do well. He bowled 300 overs over 7 tests in 2 months this summer. How many Indian fast bowlers have done this. No one is saying he will become a great fast bowler ever like McGrath, Steyn, Donald, but only if we had any better bowlers than him commitment wise or bowling wise, we could have argued that he should not be in the team. People only remember bad times, but forget the match turning and match winning spells he has bowled since he debuted. You talk about WI and BD, but forget his MOS performance against Aus. His hostile spell of bowling against SA at Eden Gardens. Forget his another hostile bowling spell on a road in one of SA test when we did not have Zak and Bhajji. We forget his spell of bowling at Lords and Nottingham. We forget his brilliant spell of 3 wicket in 2 overs at Mohali against Aus last year. We forget how we could only win one test against NZ last year ands that too when he took 7 wickets. We, our captain, and team management think, only spinners can win us matches at home, but if you look at the stats, Ishant has the best bowling performance in India in last 4 years and spinners have not done anything much to be talked about. Other than that, too much expectations, we expect a 22 year old bowler to lead our attack and win us every second match. Ishant has developed as a bowler and he will continue his progress. We cannot discard a bowler who has taken 125 test wickets only at the age of 22. If it was the case, we should have discarded Srinath and Zak also because all these 3 were quite similar at 125 wicket stage of their career.
Phew" Why are u wasting ur breath , everyone knows by logic , Ishant is the next best after Zak, he is the bright talent , has all the attributes might even one day be India's best fast bowler by the time he retires.Sreesanth and his fans I am sorry this guy is down and dusted,Mr Murugan lol wanna be rockstar lol, mindless wonder, no dedication , fitness, or stats can support his failures,he is an embarressment to most cricket watching public his behaviour on the field, certainly not Kerala express I would call him Kerala local

Ishant is like what Agarkar was in the early 2000's for the Indian ODI side... the best thng is Ishnat is a much better test bowler than Agarkar... now its to be seen whether he can become a leader like zaheer or not but even if he does will he be able to do so with proper fitness or will he be in and out of the team like zaheer... I have my hopes pretty high with ISHANT as no other bowlers including YADAV and AARON have impressed me as people with potential...

Ishant is like what Agarkar was in the early 2000's for the Indian ODI side... the best thng is Ishnat is a much better test bowler than Agarkar... now its to be seen whether he can become a leader like zaheer or not but even if he does will he be able to do so with proper fitness or will he be in and out of the team like zaheer... I have my hopes pretty high with ISHANT as no other bowlers including YADAV and AARON have impressed me as people with potential...
This is the strangest comparision , Ishant , Agarkar are completely different players, different careers, formats they were good at, m trying to find logic in any of this .Agarkar at best mediocre one day player, not a test player at all, Ishant average odi player, one of the promising test bowlers.
O well whatever...the debate is going tangential. Anyway, I don't care who is better as long as India is winning and they help India win. But I will admit I prefer a full throttle Disco to a full throttle Lambu...the skill is just awesome. But that's my preference...to each his own
You're not alone. Santh can cut through teams and make the good batsmen look like sitting ducks, he is very good to watch :icflove: We don't have a seamer like that currently. Zak is no1 for us but I would say Sree is still 2nd. I hope for the 2nd test Ishant gets a "rest" because we will never get the opportunity to play Yadav and Aaron together any time soon. I would like to see both bowling in tandem and we have seen Ishant bowling for 4 years so are aware of what he does. (2-3 wickets e.t.c after bowling many overs) I think it is a good move because Ojha and Ashwin are bowling well and Aaron can get reverse. You don't always get a chance to give someone a test cap, we should definitely go for this.
You're not alone. Santh can cut through teams and make the good batsmen look like sitting ducks, he is very good to watch :icflove: We don't have a seamer like that currently. Zak is no1 for us but I would say Sree is still 2nd. I hope for the 2nd test Ishant gets a "rest" because we will never get the opportunity to play Yadav and Aaron together any time soon. I would like to see both bowling in tandem and we have seen Ishant bowling for 4 years so are aware of what he does. (2-3 wickets e.t.c after bowling many overs) I think it is a good move because Ojha and Ashwin are bowling well and Aaron can get reverse. You don't always get a chance to give someone a test cap, we should definitely go for this.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe Dhoni is also finding it hard to justify Ishant's guaranteed place, this is what he said at the presentation ceremony: MS Dhoni is greeted by a huge roar: "It was a long fielding session, we got them out comfortably in the first session, but we saw that the track was getting flatter, there was nothing in it for the bowlers. Umesh can really bowl over 140, Ishant also bowled well, the bowlers are hunting as a pack, doesn't matter who is taking the wickets. I think the first innings was perfect, after that it was a patience game. Bravo batted superbly well, supported by Chanderpaul." Almost like Ishant was an after thought :haha:

Maybe Dhoni is also finding it hard to justify Ishant's guaranteed place, this is what he said at the presentation ceremony: MS Dhoni is greeted by a huge roar: "It was a long fielding session, we got them out comfortably in the first session, but we saw that the track was getting flatter, there was nothing in it for the bowlers. Umesh can really bowl over 140, Ishant also bowled well, the bowlers are hunting as a pack, doesn't matter who is taking the wickets. I think the first innings was perfect, after that it was a patience game. Bravo batted superbly well, supported by Chanderpaul." Almost like Ishant was an after thought :haha:
At least he got a mention. Sree,You dont even get that!!