Drop Ishant Sharma

I am surprised to see that Ishant has a better average than Zaheer in Indian conditions.Only Kapil and Srinath have bowled better than Ishant in Indian conditions. These sort of series are valuable in him gaining some leadership skills.With time i think he can definitely take over the mantle from Zaheer as our leader of attack.

I am surprised to see that Ishant has a better average than Zaheer in Indian conditions.Only Kapil and Srinath have bowled better than Ishant in Indian conditions. These sort of series are valuable in him gaining some leadership skills.With time i think he can definitely take over the mantle from Zaheer as our leader of attack.
That's because Zaheer was an ordinary bowler during most part of his career.

To be fair to both Ishant and Yadav, these conditions are not conducive to fast bowling. Fidel Edwards and Ravi Rampaul are pretty decent bowlers and they couldnt do any real damage either. The bowlers who looked effective on this wicket were Ojha and Ashwin from our side and Sammy and Bishoo from WI side. Fidel bowled some decent overs in the first innings because of his raw pace and experience. Most wickets in India are of this nature and Praveen and Vinay Kumar are the kind of pace bowlers who are most effective in these conditions and have the best averages and subsequently also get picked in the side. Whether they should also be included in the squad for overseas tours based on domestic performance alone is something I'm not sure about. Bowlers like Ishant, Varun Aaron and Umesh Yadav will be infinitely more effective in Eng, SA and Aus and that's where their performance should be judged. :dontknow:

That dream may or may not happen. But we know for sure that the dream of Aamer,Asif and Gul will never happen now :((
Never rule out the possibility of Gul going to jail and joining Pak Match fixers X1. They can form separate squads in prison for T20, Tests and ODIs with the tailunt they have.
That dream may or may not happen. But we know for sure that the dream of Aamer,Asif and Gul will never happen now :((
There really was never much hype for that. What really takes the cake is the original AAG attack - Asif Akhtar Gul. They waited for so many years for this to happen only for one to retire and the other to get banned. Before every match, hope we see AAG today Hope we see AAG today. eg - Hope we see AAG in T20 2007. A hit A with bat got banned. Hope we see AAG in India tour. Then Asif didn't play due to injuries and so on and so forth. In the end, the AAG attack played a sum total of zero matches together. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
gul is playing and junaid and wahab arent too bad either , but atleast amir asif and gul did bowl together . me think ishant should grow back his hair ,should help as a cover when his bowling fails him.:--D
arent too bad - from legendary bowling powerhouse to are'nt too bad. how the mighty have fallen. but atleast amir asif and gul did bowl together - and now are in jail together me think ishant should grow back his hair ,should help as a cover when his bowling fails him. - can't do worse than trundlers junaid and gul
gul is in jail ??? no point in replying to that . junaid and gul have bowled much better than ishant in uae and if gul is a trundler then i donno what to call ishant hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................................maybe super duper trundler :two_thumbs_up:
ishant hasn't played in uae. he would have broken kumble's 10 wkt against a team where trundlers gul and junaid are taking wkts. and you're right, comparing a 140 kmph bowler like Ishant to trundler Gul is unfair. I'll compare Gul to someone who bowls at his speed, the great Vinay Kumar.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
didnt ishant play against sl last year ? how was his performance then ? or were the pitches too flat for him there as well ?:giggle:
Duh, that wasn't UAE. SL pitches are detrimental to fast bowling. To be fair to Ishant he averages 31.5 and 61.71 in his two tours to SL. Far better than your hero Gul's 106.00 and 44.00. Yeah, you read that right - 106.00 . Loser was trying to break Bradman's record only to realize later it was a batting average not bowling. Man, this is too easy. I thought Umar Gul having an average similar to Ishant must have sucked somewhere. So checked Statsguru. He sucked in SL :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: making Multi's post more LOLworthy.
ishant hasn't played in uae. he would have broken kumble's 10 wkt against a team where trundlers gul and junaid are taking wkts. and you're right, comparing a 140 kmph bowler like Ishant to trundler Gul is unfair. I'll compare Gul to someone who bowls at his speed, the great Vinay Kumar.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I never thought the day would come when pak have only trundlers and we have pace battery. :two_thumbs_up: