Elephant in the room

cowboysfan

You're quite possibly ICF's only multi millionaire. It's natural for chhote log to talk about badi hastiyaan like yourself.
Multiple millionaire? I m not my family probably is .... Anyways, I guess, you wouldn't say to ICFrs wheather they can afford to shell out 20k for icf (to lazy to look around, but there was a thread like that) :P .... Correct me if I m wrong
Laxman's runs in the most recent test - 176 without getting dismissed. Bravo's runs in the most recent test - 166 for two dismissals. Were the two performances roughly the same? :hmmm:
I will answer assuming this is for me: I thought it is understood that neither avg nor rpt would show the importance of a performance. For e.g. Sehwag hitting a quick 86 to set Ind up in the test against Eng vs. someone who might have scored more runs or avg better in that game The answer to whether were the two performance the same depends upon what you are trying to measure. If it is the enviornment, Bravo had to play his knock against a much better team which is known to be unbeatable at home. He is playing for a weaker team, which means, he is likely to bat twice. Also his knock was on a pitch he is not used to playing much on. While Laxman's knock, despite against a weaker team, helped him team to put on a huge total. Because he was playing with a stronger batting line up, he had to make the most of his opportunity, which he did. Just picking on random examples doesn't help anyone. For example, someone would say this: A - 30*, 25*, 40*, 50*, 5 ----> avg 150 B - 50, 70, 40, 100, 40 ----> avg 60 So per the avg, did the guy with 150 avg peform better? There would be cases where a better performance was reflected by a higher avg too
That is the beauty' date=' despite having such proven criminal record, he finds his preys very easily on this forum. :haha:[/quote'] Ah ha, someone is feeling like a victim! Appears as if the 'antilog' theory you put forward is still giving you nightmares :hehe: * time to clean up the little mouses muhahaha*
Runs per tests is one of the measures that gives us a good account of different type of conditions, team strength, etc one has to encounter For example, if you are playing at Durban, a team may need to bat twice as it is difficult to get huge scores, whereas on a flat pitch a team could play a different game like getting a huge score to put the opposition under pressure as the pitch would allow for that type of game Runs per tests, also takes not outs out of equaltion to reflect whats happening in a game. You may have scored 200 not out after your team was 20/2 or scored 20 not out because you came in at 450/5. Sometimes the pitch is so good that most folks would score. Here you got out of 10 but your team made 600. and you never got a chance to bat again. Whose fault it is on missing out. Runs per tests, from the top of my head: Lara - 12k from 131 tests ----> 92 Ten - 15k from 182 tests ----> 82 Lara after 182 tests ----> 92*182 = 16,744 runs > Ten 15k runs Current difference: 3k runs from 51 tests @ 59 runs per test only .... Getting 60 runs per tests shouldn't be that hard for any great batsman :icflove:
I cannot agree with you: 1. Lara retired at the right time, I think Tendulkar could have hanged his boots after 2011 WC. He is probably carrying on like how Kapil did. Starting late or retiring early (comparitively) is not related to cricketing skills that's being discussed here. Someone could start his international test career at 30 and retire at 38, play 80 tests and score 8000 runs and could be better than someone like Tendulkar with 180 odd tests for 15k runs :winky: 2. I haven't see any scientific studies that measures a players mental toughness. I have seen Lara play some unbelibavle knocks though like taking WI to win against Aus almost single handledly, on the other hand I have seen Tendulkar fail to take India across (the test vs Pak for example). 3. All things considered, I repeat, for e.g. if Gavaskar (who is India best test batsman) had played as many games as Tendulkar, he would have had as good if not better test record. And he opens in tests When I make a point, usually, it considers many things that you need to. What comes out is an assessment.
runs per inning Lara: 12k from 232 innings ----> 52 Ten: 15k from 300 innings ----> 50
I never thought I would see someone surpass V_D in being so monumentally foolish :laugh: