Ashraful can walk into the Indian lineup

Ashraful looks good compared to medicore BD line with the likes of javed omar , bashar, rajin saleh. Who is better ashraful or sehwag ? if your answer is sehwag then remember sehwag is not even in Indian squad if your answer is ashraful then "do pass me whatever you are smoking..its some good strong sh!t."

May be it just means that he has a different opinion than you. :wink_smile:
I respect his right to have different opinion. :thumbs_up: Never said he couldnt claim anything. But being an ICF forummer , you would expect the posts to make some cricketing sens !
Ahsraful would struggle to get into the b eleven ? That only means you have never watched Ashraful play.
I havw watched him play many times. Including thos wonderful knocks in odis in england. I am sure I watch more cricket then most as being UK based we have sky sports and they large volumes of world cricket. What about his knocks since then, he gets out cheaply all the time. You cant live of one or 2 koncks years back then. Its this kind of attitude that kept cr#p kaif in team, as everyone would say remeber the natwest final knock!!!!! The kid has talent which he is not fulfilling at all hence would not make it anywwere near inida squad
I havw watched him play many times. Including thos wonderful knocks in odis in england. I am sure I watch more cricket then most as being UK based we have sky sports and they large volumes of world cricket. What about his knocks since then, he gets out cheaply all the time. You cant live of one or 2 koncks years back then. Its this kind of attitude that kept cr#p kaif in team, as everyone would say remeber the natwest final knock!!!!! The kid has talent which he is not fulfilling at all hence would not make it anywwere near inida squad
If you make selections purely based on numbers , then your team would look more like the Indian team of today , full of statistical behemoths but hardly anything worthwhile to show-off. Ashraful is amongst the top 10 talented young batsman of today. His inconsistency is not because he cant score runs , but because invariably he gets it wrong in his head . So , if Ashraful can get some good guidance and coaching , he can become the top batsman of the world , not the inconsistent idiot he is today. Besides , you have to remember that he is still VERY young. Batsman sometimes take time to mature. Yuvraj Singh was always brilliant , but was woefully inconsistent in the intial years. My selection of Ashraful is not based on his present form or the present composition of the Indian team , but more a long-term investment , with an eye on what he is capable of doing.
If you make selections purely based on numbers , then your team would look more like the Indian team of today , full of statistical behemoths but hardly anything worthwhile to show-off.
so how do u select then? i think nos is also an imp thing.. how do u measure talent?? this guy is insanely inconsistent.. seriously only the worst has such an average( arnd 24) in india.. n u think he can get into indian team.. u can have lotsa talent... but if u cant translate them into nos then whats the use of having such a talent...

I didnt say he should be in the Indian team. In fact this is my first post on this topic. " Ashraful, in his(its) present form , wont. ( form as in not batting form , but the way he is) An Ashraful, who is more consistent, will. Besides , I would take Sachin , Rahul or laxman into my team over Ashraful anyday. P.S - I think i shouldnt even have mentioned Sach or RD in the same breadth as Ashraful . __________________" The thing that i had a problem with was that , some guys were saying that he wouldnt even get into the B team. And you pick players NOT JUST based on numbers , but on potential and promise. As a captain , if i see that this player, on proper grooming can win me the world , i would take the chance of picking him , rather than selecting someone else who gives me an ok performance once every 3 matches. I know that my risk pays off , i will win a lot of matches , and if it doesnt , i shall still win a few matches coz of the decent guy but not a lot. Now given this option , which would you take ? I aint saying Ashraful could walk into the Indian team . I am saying - On proper grooming , he could become one of the all time great batsman from South Asia and even the world.

I didn't say I don't rate Inzi, he is an excellent batsman. He has his drawbacks like everyone. Inzi can be up and down with his batting. I guess it depends on his mood and mental makeup. Sometimes he seems pretty disinterested and looks like he's just out there for the sake of it. Still when he looks like he has his mind set on the game he is pretty good. Inzi despite all his experience doesn't take much responsibility as a batter. He always prefers to bat down the order. That simply is not acceptable for an experience batter like him. I would like to see him bat at no.3 or four even if Younis and Yousuf has to bat at 3 or 4. Younis is a busy player and always looks positive to me whatever the situation. He oozes certain confidence and also bats up the order. Considering the fickle Pakistan openers Younis is always there batting against the new ball and against fresh bowlers. He seems to still do well despite all that. He is the least naturally gifted in the line up but he looks so assured every time he walks out to the middle. He really looks like he enjoys his cricket.
inzi is one of the best finishers in the game and under pressure situations i can think of no one better then him
Finisher as in losing the game? :wink_smile:
Haha paki's cant find any "match winning" innings against any other opposition other than india and that too on sub-continent pitches. Good luck paki'z calling him the best finisher of the game:hysterical::hysterical:
And I am Jesus Christ' date=' Junior.[/quote'] well...count em on your fingers. Starting with back to back performances in World Cup..the most ultimate of stages. It's ironic when us Indians point to Pakz and say...ya well, we're 4-0 in WCs! Well...World Cup is an important stage and Inzamam Ul Haq won them that world cup with a brilliant performance in the semi final, and a good performance in the final as well. How many times has Inzamam rescued Pakistan throughout his career or even won them matches? Against us in Ahemdabad, against us in Kolkata in the Platinum Jubilee Match. A match winning 184 in the last test at Bangalore, that too in his 100th test. In terms of test matches, he saved a test very recently in England and won them one in South Africa. Inzamam is cool under pressure situations and no one can dispute that. I can come up with many, many more instances where Inzy has come up trumps. And against us too.
Guest dada_rocks
well...count em on your fingers. Starting with back to back performances in World Cup..the most ultimate of stages. It's ironic when us Indians point to Pakz and say...ya well, we're 4-0 in WCs! Well...World Cup is an important stage and Inzamam Ul Haq won them that world cup with a brilliant performance in the semi final, and a good performance in the final as well. How many times has Inzamam rescued Pakistan throughout his career or even won them matches? Against us in Ahemdabad, against us in Kolkata in the Platinum Jubilee Match. A match winning 184 in the last test at Bangalore, that too in his 100th test. In terms of test matches, he saved a test very recently in England and won them one in South Africa. Inzamam is cool under pressure situations and no one can dispute that. I can come up with many, many more instances where Inzy has come up trumps. And against us too.
How about MOin khan won them that wprld cup.. if not for that six in penultimate over who knows what had happened..Point it's team game, no single person wins or loses anything
so how do u select then? i think nos is also an imp thing.. how do u measure talent?? u can have lotsa talent... but if u cant translate them into nos then whats the use of having such a talent...
Very true. It's easy to notice a young Sachin or Ricky because they demand attention with performance but there are other factors which come into play for selectors. One is potential. From an Oz point of view, two players recently come to mind - Andrew Symonds and Michael Clarke - and three from a bit further back - Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Steve Waugh. None had outstanding first class records. They were selected on potential and thrived in the big time. The selections of Pup & Symmo were widely criticised, at the time, because they didn't really warrant selection on their stats. Pup's first class batting average was under 40 and Symmo was brilliant at times but inconsistent. They are now both in the top 10 in the world on the ICC ODI batting rankings (whatever you think of them :wink_smile:). Symmo has become a 'first selected' in the ODI team and was outstanding in the '03 WC and since. Pup has taken his elevation to the #4 spot in his stride, finishing in the top 10 for most runs in the last WC and with a strike rate of 95. Both are competent second string bowlers and outstanding fielders. Nothing needs to be said about the other three players.