Impressed by Aaron

You have no idea what skills are required to be a good bowler. It's not only about economy and wickets. It's about how they bowl. Even Shami goes for runs' date=' but you can see the difference between Shami and Ishant. Yadav, whenever in rhythm bowls threatening spells and took wickets. And wickets he took are fast bowlers' dismissals unlike Ishant, who only get wickets, when batsmen try to hit him out of the park. Yadav is a geniune wicket-taker. Ishant is rubbish-utter rubbish. Yadav never got backing from Dhoni. Dhoni treats him like an enemy. You can clearly see, how bad he treated Yadav in South African series. Whenever he look like getting his rhythm back, dhoni took him off and replaced him with Ishant. He bowled 2 overs with the new ball and beat the bat 3-4 times, only to be replaced by Ishant. And then he was suddenly asked to bowl the last over. Now, how can you expect him to do miracles?[/quote'] Actually, yes it is about economy and wickets. A bowler can bowl as well as he wants, but if he has neither the ability to take wickets nor the ability to be economical, then his playing makes zero sense. It's like saying a batsman plays some of the most elegant shots, but he keeps playing it straight to the fielder and doesn't score runs. Yes, he's a delight to watch, but he's not doing his team any favours at all. And please enlighten us on these threatening spells you speak of. Yadav has neither proven to be a good opening overs bowler, nor a death overs bowler and doesn't even do a good holding job in the middle overs. He has negligible movement in the air or off the wicket. He only has good pace but has no idea how to use that pace to get wickets. And this isn't just for India with Dhoni as captain. He's played as many domestic one dayers as international ones and he's performed just as poorly. He's very expensive and doesn't take wickets to complement that either. You're bringing up Shami's name but Shami actually is a genuine wicket-taker while Yadav is as far away from one as he can be.
I hope you are you talking just about the 50 overs game where his record is not upto the mark. His record in the longer version, both in domestic games as well as tests, is quite decent. Tests.-- 32 wickets from 9 matches @ 32.5 average and 46 strike rate. First class -- 28.8 average and 50 strike rate.
Yes I am. He's a much more effective bowler in the longer version of the game which is why the selectors picked him in the Test team and not the ODI team where he's proven to be sh*t.
Actually' date=' yes it is about economy and wickets. A bowler can bowl as well as he wants, but if he has neither the ability to take wickets nor the ability to be economical, then his playing makes zero sense. It's like saying a batsman plays some of the most elegant shots, but he keeps playing it straight to the fielder and doesn't score runs. Yes, he's a delight to watch, but he's not doing his team any favours at all. And please enlighten us on these threatening spells you speak of. Yadav has neither proven to be a good opening overs bowler, nor a death overs bowler and doesn't even do a good holding job in the middle overs. He has negligible movement in the air or off the wicket. He only has good pace but has no idea how to use that pace to get wickets. And this isn't just for India with Dhoni as captain. He's played as many domestic one dayers as international ones and he's performed just as poorly. He's very expensive and doesn't take wickets to complement that either. You're bringing up Shami's name but Shami actually is a genuine wicket-taker while Yadav is as far away from one as he can be.[/quote'] First tell me, how is Ishant better than Yadav in terms of Wicket taking ability or economy? He gets all the support in the world from Dhoni and still gets smoked. What has he done to play ahead of Yadav? Yadav looks like taking wickets in every spell. His spell against Australia in practice match comes to mind. Ishant hardly beats any batsman in ODIs these. Heck, His balls don't even reach Dhoni these days. You can clearly see how much batsmen like to face Ishant. Today, Guptil was trying to come half way down the pitch to Ishant from the first ball of his spell. If you think that is an encouraging sign for our most experienced pacer, then I have nothing more to say.
First tell me, how is Ishant better than Yadav in terms of Wicket taking ability or economy? He gets all the support in the world from Dhoni and still gets smoked. What has he done to play ahead of Yadav? Yadav looks like taking wickets in every spell. His spell against Australia in practice match comes to mind. Ishant hardly beats any batsman in ODIs these. Heck, His balls don't even reach Dhoni these days. You can clearly see how much batsmen like to face Ishant. Today, Guptil was trying to come half way down the pitch to Ishant from the first ball of his spell. If you think that is an encouraging sign for our most experienced pacer, then I have nothing more to say.
Yadav gets smoked a lot more often than Ishant does. You probably don't realise it because you're too fixated on the speed gun. In no way am I defending Dhoni's insistence on playing Ishant. I'm saying it makes absolutely no sense to replace a bad bowler with a bowler who has proven to do even worse than him just because teh speedzzz. The best memory you have of a threatening Umesh Yadav spell is a practice match against Australia. In the actual tournament, Umesh Yadav played 5 matches, and in seamer friendly conditions, bowled almost as many overs as Ishant did and took just 4 wickets. Ishant on the other hand took 10. Yadav has negligible swing and/or seam and doesn't produce particularly steepling bounce either. He bowls mostly short of a length and gets carted away more often than not. Yes, being expensive is acceptable if you take wickets (like Shami) but Yadav just doesn't take wickets. He just leaks runs which is why he was rightfully not picked for the ODIs.

He will play next match. He will get a five fer. He will win us the next three match. He will become Man of the Series from his bowling. He will save us from the humiliating whitewash. He will bowl at 145 kph. He will make himself available for England tests. He will bowl well there. He will help us win the series in England there. He and Umesh Yadav will bowl in tandem. He will be given chances soon. He will replace and overtake Ishant.

Yadav gets smoked a lot more often than Ishant does. You probably don't realise it because you're too fixated on the speed gun. In no way am I defending Dhoni's insistence on playing Ishant. I'm saying it makes absolutely no sense to replace a bad bowler with a bowler who has proven to do even worse than him just because teh speedzzz. The best memory you have of a threatening Umesh Yadav spell is a practice match against Australia. In the actual tournament, Umesh Yadav played 5 matches, and in seamer friendly conditions, bowled almost as many overs as Ishant did and took just 4 wickets. Ishant on the other hand took 10. Yadav has negligible swing and/or seam and doesn't produce particularly steepling bounce either. He bowls mostly short of a length and gets carted away more often than not. Yes, being expensive is acceptable if you take wickets (like Shami) but Yadav just doesn't take wickets. He just leaks runs which is why he was rightfully not picked for the ODIs.
Now just tell me how Ishant got those wickets? Most of them were fluke wickets. I am just saying that if we can give Ishant chances after chances then why can't we try Yadav too? If team management considers Yadav unfit for ODIs then why was he selected for South African ODI series? Once selected, he should have been given chances properly. But Dhoni was so biased against him as if he is trying to destroy Yadav's career. And then he was dropped for no proper reason. You have to understand that we don't have too many options as far as seam attack goes and Yadav is one of the better options available. He should be in the mix of things, considering that next World Cup is on Australian soil and he was our best bowler on the last tour. Ishant Sharma was rubbish on that tour too (Not a surprise though). Yadav need to be a part of our WC squad, if not playing 11. Australian Wickets suits his style of bowling. My WC seam attack : Bhuvi, Aaron, Shami, Yadav, Pandey/Pankaj/Any Other Pacer. Apart from that we need a seam bowling allrounder too : someone in the mould of Rishi Dhawan.
He will play next match. He will get a five fer. He will win us the next three match. He will become Man of the Series from his bowling. He will save us from the humiliating whitewash. He will bowl at 145 kph. He will make himself available for England tests. He will bowl well there. He will help us win the series in England there. He and Umesh Yadav will bowl in tandem. He will be given chances soon. He will replace and overtake Ishant.
Who is this "He"? We need to include him in out team asap. :haha:
-> Really? -> Make himself available to whom? Dhoni? Naah, He is not that type of guy. Besides, Dhoni already have Raina, Rohit, Ishant, Jaddu and Ashwin for that purpose. :giggle: -> When? Dhoni will make sure that something like this never happens. -> I doubt it. Dhoni and Ishant are meant to be forever. Ek baar jo Dhoni ne commitment kar di to.....:hysterical:
-> Really? -> Make himself available to whom? Dhoni? Naah, He is not that type of guy. Besides, Dhoni already have Raina, Rohit, Ishant, Jaddu and Ashwin for that purpose. :giggle: -> When? Dhoni will make sure that something like this never happens. -> I doubt it. Dhoni and Ishant are meant to be forever. Ek baar jo Dhoni ne commitment kar di to.....:hysterical:
First, He will seduce and steal Dhoni away from Ishant. Thus making Ishant sad and jealous. Making him commit suicide. Now everything I said can happen.