Pakistan: Most Successful ODI team of 2011

Asim

Pak fans getting super excited after serial minnow bashing hints at seriously falling standards in Pak cricket' date=' if only they can be helped, Alas they never can be for denial is their primary drive in life.[/quote'] and i thought it was the indian fans getting excited at beating england in jamodis at home after getting whitewashed by huge margins away from home, my bad . btw refresh your memory pakistan beat india in kolcutta in that asian test championship match and went on to win it , or do you suffer from selective amnesia ??
In WC semi final, I know you guys will get hyper :--D but it was only one lucky day for India... in 1st inng: our fielding let us down in 2nd inng: slow batting by Misbah let us down
Just .. tell me what else is left in Cricket then ?Throw balls :cantstop::cantstop::giggle:
Just .. tell me what else is left in Cricket then ?Throw balls :cantstop::cantstop::giggle:
Ahh Again... Yar see its only my opinion and dont know why none of you seems able to digest it, not a rocket science I think but well I am very much OK even if you call it some poor thinking approach of mine, thats not an issue for me cz you simple can disagree but look e.g if I compare this match with 03 WC Pak vs Ind match... at the end of both matches India won but my one liner will be... 03: India played extra ordinary to chase the target and won the match (wont say Paksitan bowled poorly, they tried their best) Moral of the story: Credit goes to India 11: Paksitan played very poorly and lost the match (wont say India did anything extra ordinary to win it) Moral of the story: Blame goes to Pakistan Does this makes any sense to you?
Ahh Again... Yar see its only my opinion and dont know why none of you seems able to digest it, not a rocket science I think but well I am very much OK even if you call it some poor thinking approach of mine, thats not an issue for me cz you simple can disagree but look e.g if I compare this match with 03 WC Pak vs Ind match... at the end of both matches India won but my one liner will be... 03: India played extra ordinary to chase the target and won the match (wont say Paksitan bowled poorly, they tried their best) Moral of the story: Credit goes to India 11: Paksitan played very poorly and lost the match (wont say India did anything extra ordinary to win it) Moral of the story: Blame goes to Pakistan Does this makes any sense to you?
You are only fooling yourself by saying "Pakistan played poorly". Maybe the reason was India didn't allow Pakistan to play well? Case in point Sehwag's attack on Gul which so unruffled Gul that he was a non-factor throughout and India never really relinquished control of the game. Whenever the match became close India took control of the match by winning the big moments - be it batting (Sehwag and Raina), bowling (taking wkts at regular interval without conceding too much) or fielding (don't remember any misfield or dropped catch by India throughout the game). India's win was much more comfortable than the margin suggests (29 runs). The match was practically over when Razzaq and Afridi got out with nearly 90 runs still to win. After that it was just a matter of figuring out the final scoreline and all Misbah did was get the final magin closer but the result was never in doubt after Afridi's wkt. Moral of the story: India seized the big moments, especially on the back of Sehwag, just like good sides do, and were the deserved winners of the match.
Wow some people just can't hear anything positive about Pakistan. They had a pretty good year against what was put up against them. We all know of the infighting among the squad and to still prevail is an achievement. Credit where credit is due
Nobody's denying that but you have to accept these results with a pinch of salt as Pakistan's wins have come against the likes of Zimbos, B'desh, WI, NZ and SL (post Murali). The point everyone is making is that the wins don't mean much if they come against p**s poor opponents.
Nobody's denying that but you have to accept these results with a pinch of salt as Pakistan's wins have come against the likes of Zimbos' date=' B'desh, WI, NZ and SL (post Murali). The point everyone is making is that the wins don't mean much if they come against p**s poor opponents.[/quote'] sri lanka even w/o murali is not at level of minnows so would give pakistan credit for that series but others are really poor opponents tbh and u wont get many points from wins against them
Wow some people just can't hear anything positive about Pakistan. They had a pretty good year against what was put up against them. We all know of the infighting among the squad and to still prevail is an achievement. Credit where credit is due
its not like all of us are Jealous about Pakisthans 'grand' success against few of the Top ten teams out of 200 countries in this world...its a great achivement,written in golden words for future generations to remember. Problem is in the year of WC nothing else matters and you come up with Stats showing winning % against weak teams you will get limited support... one more important thing is Once you opemend thread for bragging if you dont get desired response you have to keep quite not sarting to find xcuse for your major Failure ie WC semi loss :winky: few of the comments are below belt its from a perticuler person who cant give back without resorting to abuse,that shows his lavk of ability in debate...you can find such people in every country

@Ultimate_Game Thats your opinion, keep it... above was mine and will remain the same... I can give all credit to ind you want for 03WC match but for 11 match I will always blame Pakistan first and its upto you sir how u'd like to take it... No worries...

sri lanka even w/o murali is not at level of minnows so would give pakistan credit for that series but others are really poor opponents tbh and u wont get many points from wins against them
But SL without Murali is nowhere close to the team they earlier were. Now you simply need to watch out Malinga and you nearly have the match in the bag. SL hasn't had any new talent come through with their top players - Sanga, Jaya, Malinga and Dilshan to some extent - all in their 30s or close to retirement. Rest of the players are not good enough and if a few players fail SL fails as we have seen recently. After all Sanga and Jaywardene can only save you so many times.
@Ultimate_Game Thats your opinion, keep it... above was mine and will remain the same... I can give all credit to ind you want for 03WC match but for 11 match I will always blame Pakistan first and its upto you sir how u'd like to take it... No worries...
Sure, maybe you can also convince yourself that Gul was "unlucky" in the game that he didn't get Sehwag or that the match was quite "close" even though the match was done and dusted with Afridi's wkt and nearly 90 runs to get :--D
But SL without Murali is nowhere close to the team they earlier were. Now you simply need to watch out Malinga and you nearly have the match in the bag. SL hasn't had any new talent come through with their top players - Sanga' date=' Jaya, Malinga and Dilshan to some extent - all in their 30s or close to retirement. Rest of the players are not good enough and if a few players fail SL fails as we have seen recently. After all Sanga and Jaywardene can only save you so many times.[/quote'] don know man still pakistan did well to stop sanga, jayawardene,dilshan etc and they deservingly won but its not like im saying its world beating performance im just saying they can brag about it unlike wins against zimbabwe more over about htis thread we all know its not really a big achivement cos when it mattered in semi final u guys lost and yes feliding is also part of cricket..
don know man still pakistan did well to stop sanga, jayawardene,dilshan etc and they deservingly won but its not like im saying its world beating performance im just saying they can brag about it unlike wins against zimbabwe more over about htis thread we all know its not really a big achivement cos when it mattered in semi final u guys lost and yes feliding is also part of cricket..
They did great beating SL in odis but you gotta put things in perspective - last 2 times SL toured India they lost 4-1 and 6-1 IIRC - and are not the benchmark of excellence outside SL. Other than the SL win other results have been against WI, NZ, Zimb and B'desh. Seriously, do you expect any decent side to lose too many against those teams?
They did great beating SL in odis but you gotta put things in perspective - last 2 times SL toured India they lost 4-1 and 6-1 IIRC - and are not the benchmark of excellence outside SL. Other than the SL win other results have been against WI' date=' NZ, Zimb and B'desh. Seriously, do you expect any decent side to lose too many against those teams?[/quote'] true im not saying pakistan is best team this year ibut every one is saying he played against no team all teams were minnows grouping sri lanka with zimbabwe im just against it sri lank playedm ch better than india in england ... they still can beat nay team in odis on their days so im jsut saying give pakistan due credit for winning against them.. other teams were crap agreed .. actually i think now is the real test of pakistan against england (though they are crap under spinning conditions)