Android vs IOS

EnterTheVoid

I was mainly talking about user interface which looks awesome and can actually be called smart. I wish Nokia adopt MeeGo again and merge Jolla as developers of Jolla are originally a former Nokia development team of MeeGo and is funded by Nokia. They could have already made it big if they had not discontinued it in favor of Windows. Nokia N9 was a brilliant phone not to be.
I actually liked N9, than the SII when they released. I just read some previews, and it looks like sailfish started where meego ended. User interface looks better, icons look unique (even beats the IOS7), the navigation and design must be similar to meego. The only problem is that to get in the apps, which is the biggest flagship of IOS and android. And that's where people go for android, bocoz many IOS apps are not free and blackmarket is easily available in android. Android phones calling themselves "smart" is a blaspemy.
Is sailfish a derivative of Meego' date='the doomed mobile os venture of Intel-Nokia?[/quote'] yep. it's the same meego v2.

don't think any company would take it...
may be some chinese company would be interested in blackberry.. if its given as free.the ecosystem is very limited in terms of apps & developers. Sailfish may not take off for the exactly same reason

As of now it doesn't look like these new OSs have much of a future unless some big companies go with them - and with Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG etc doing well with Android, the only company remaining is Nokia. IMO Nokia should go with Android but I know it will never happen :sad:
Customers looking for gimmiky and flashy android phones. I can forgive sony or LG but not sure how people buy the samsung, despite the stupid quality they give. Just look at the drop tests in youtube. Nokia won't do gimmicks. They will carve a niche here. Now the Android is literally everywhere, phones like iberry auxus, gionee elife e6, xolo play, are going on par with these galaxy s4. I guess the indian and chinese makers will prove to be a tough competition for samsung and sony.

As of now it doesn't look like these new OSs have much of a future unless some big companies go with them - and with Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG etc doing well with Android, the only company remaining is Nokia. IMO Nokia should go with Android but I know it will never happen :sad:
Samsung itself is in bid to ditch Android because it is creating a monopoly of Google and they are developing their own OS named Tizen. Here it is. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkbevJg4-E]Tizen 2.0 Hands On at MWC 2013 | Engadget - YouTube[/ame]

I actually liked N9, than the SII when they released. I just read some previews, and it looks like sailfish started where meego ended. User interface looks better, icons look unique (even beats the IOS7), the navigation and design must be similar to meego. The only problem is that to get in the apps, which is the biggest flagship of IOS and android. And that's where people go for android, bocoz many IOS apps are not free and blackmarket is easily available in android. Android phones calling themselves "smart" is a blaspemy. yep. it's the same meego v2.
This is the best thing with Jolla Sailfish. It is optimized to support Android apps and this will be its biggest strength as it will give a unique user interface experience with Android apps.

may be some chinese company would be interested in blackberry.. if its given as free.the ecosystem is very limited in terms of apps & developers. Sailfish may not take off for the exactly same reason
yeah, small Chinese companies may be interested but I really don't see any big players being interested.
Customers looking for gimmiky and flashy android phones. I can forgive sony or LG but not sure how people buy the samsung' date= despite the stupid quality they give. Just look at the drop tests in youtube. Nokia won't do gimmicks. They will carve a niche here. Now the Android is literally everywhere, phones like iberry auxus, gionee elife e6, xolo play, are going on par with these galaxy s4. I guess the indian and chinese makers will prove to be a tough competition for samsung and sony.
agreed. Despite a good OS and good features, Samsung's phones look tacky and cheap. Their Wave series was probably the only one from Samsung which had a slightly premium look and good build quality - they should have followed this in the Galaxy series as well.

This is the best thing with Jolla Sailfish. It is optimized to support Android apps and this will be its biggest strength as it will give a unique user interface experience with Android apps.
I didn't know this. If that's true then it would be really awesome!! one cannot even close an app in android. You need to download another app to close an app :wall: I donno why it's called as smart, considering how android is so dumb, which even can't perform basic functions.

agreed. Despite a good OS and good features' date=' Samsung's phones look tacky and cheap. Their Wave series was probably the only one from Samsung which had a slightly premium look and good build quality - they should have followed this in the Galaxy series as well.[/quote'] The koreans are well known for this. Be it Hyundai/samsung, they sacrifice quality to get more profit.

I didn't know this. If that's true then it would be really awesome!! one cannot even close an app in android. You need to download another app to close an app :wall: I donno why it's called as smart, considering how android is so dumb, which even can't perform basic functions.
Jolla has unveiled their first smartphone, the Jolla, which is running the Sailfish OS. At present the Jolla smartphone has been officially unveiled, however it appears early days and some details are still on the lighter side. We do know the Jolla will be sporting a 4.5-inch display and as a plus for Android users, the handset will have support for Android apps. Of course, like the rest of the details, there are some questions surrounding the app support.
http://androidcommunity.com/jolla-sailfish-smartphone-arriving-with-android-app-support-20130520/

Samsung itself is in bid to ditch Android because it is creating a monopoly of Google and they are developing their own OS named Tizen. Here it is.
yeah, Tizen looks good. But IMO Samsung will go with Tizen alongside Android. They have been so successful with Android that I don't see them ditching it.
It was fantastic phone though' date=' one of the best from Samsung, in terms of build quality and design.[/quote'] I still have it :D going to buy a new one this month, will probably go with HTC One X. Wave 2's build quality is far, far superior than anything Samsung has made in the last 3-4 years. In the last 2 years I have dropped my phone at least 100-120 times but absolutely no damage was done to the phone and it still looks like a premium device when compared to the likes of Galaxy S4, Note 2 etc :giggle:

yeah, Tizen looks good. But IMO Samsung will go with Tizen alongside Android. They have been so successful with Android that I don't see them ditching it. I still have it :D going to buy a new one this month, will probably go with HTC One X. Wave 2's build quality is far, far superior than anything Samsung has made in the last 3-4 years. In the last 2 years I have dropped my phone at least 100-120 times but absolutely no damage was done to the phone and it still looks like a premium device when compared to the likes of Galaxy S4, Note 2 etc :giggle:
I sold it just a few days back. I dropped it several times too. It was sturdy and I had bought it just because of its looks as I didnt need too many apps or games.