For how Long can MSD be the captain due to the TINA factor?

speed_demon

Time for Dhoni to step down as skipper: Bedi Blaming Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the apparent 'rift' in the Indian cricket team in Australia, former captain Bishan Singh Bedi today said that time has now come for the side to have a new Test skipper. Bedi felt that Dhoni had failed to maintain harmony in the Indian team in Australia by stating that the three senior openers could not be in the team together as they were slow fielders. Asked if Dhoni should be removed from Test captaincy, Bedi said, "This is the job of selectors and I don't wish to pressurise them. But personally speaking Dhoni might have his day. I think there is definitely room for a new Test captain. "To a certain extent, the dissensions in the team in Australia has undermined his captaincy. He (Dhoni) created it (dissension) by himself. He was the first one to speak to the media," Bedi told Karan Thapar in CNN-IBN's 'Devil's Advocate' programme. "Most definitely things have gone out of control of Dhoni and so he should be replaced," he added. Asked if Dhoni's leadership was found wanting in Australia, Bedi said, "Dhoni was struggling as a leader. A leader's job is to keep the team together and not to allow drift among players in different directions. He did not show the leadership which was desired. "He (Dhoni) should not have made those negative comments (of senior players being slow fielders). Not at all. The same thing (Virender) Sehwag did after Dhoni. Two wrongs do not make one right and the boys, especially the youngsters, were all over the place," said Bedi. "But there are too many conflicting interests here. Dhoni plays for Chennai Super Kings in IPL, a team owned by BCCI President and chief selector as a brand ambassador," he said. Bedi said that apart from the lack of leadership qualities, Dhoni was not performing consistently in the Test arena as a wicketkeeper and a batsman.

as a batsmen he is good in odi`s' date=' but captain should be changed[/quote'] How did he fail as a captain today? He used his bowlers well today, India made a great come back in last 10 overs, Have you looked at averages of Sachin, Sehwag, Rohit and Raina/Jadeja? All average between 10-20.
How did he fail as a captain today? He used his bowlers well today' date=' India made a great come back in last 10 overs, Have you looked at averages of Sachin, Sehwag, Rohit and Raina/Jadeja? All average between 10-20.[/quote'] I think Bedi's talking about test captaincy. He should remain captain of ODI team atleast till 2015WC. In anycase he has to take care of his fitness and test cricket will affect his ODI performances. He's anyway indicated of quitting test captaincy after 2013.
Agree with Bedi. He shouldn't be test captain ' date=' but who should replace him ??[/quote'] Not much options other than Gauti. Need to groom young test captain. Kohli can't be test captain when he becomes senior. Saha can be groomed once Dhoni leaves the test scene. Nohit is a lazy ****.
Knock Knock If you select the same players who are not performing over and over and over again what do you expect.Captain gets the credit for victories and should also take the blame for defeat.
I think this is the best team we could field in a cricket match, but they have not been performing at all.
I think this is the best team we could field in a cricket match' date=' but they have not been performing at all.[/quote'] Cricket Is not played on paper,After failures of certain players like jadega,raina,shewag throughout the tournament ,It hard to believe we stuck with same combination in a crucial match.
I think this is the best team we could field in a cricket match' date=' but they have not been performing at all.[/quote'] I would have at the very least given Tiwari a shot, the guy scored a ton the last time he played FFS (against WI and all that, I know) Raina is fine ODI player and all that, no doubt, but what is he doing in Australia after failing again and again? And there's Jaddu, you could replace anyone with Jaddu and it's an upgrade. Even Sehwag is bowling better than Jaddu FFS, there is no need of him if he can neither bat nor bowl.
And as for M' date=' not entirely his fault - people are being too harsh on him IMO. His tactical errors are becoming more apparent (though admittedly it has gotten progressively worse) when batsmen sux balls.[/quote'] Harsh :hysterical::hysterical:,No other captain would survive 2 white washes.
I think Bedi's talking about test captaincy. He should remain captain of ODI team atleast till 2015WC. In anycase he has to take care of his fitness and test cricket will affect his ODI performances. He's anyway indicated of quitting test captaincy after 2013.
I agree about tests, even his place in the team as keeper-bat in tests is in question. So captaincy should surely be handed over to someone more aggressive. Also with the amount of cricket he's playing (IPL,CL, ODI's) he should probably quit tests.