Today - India At Olympics 2012

Cricketics

One of our rowers did well. Qualified 2nd fastest into quarterfinals quite a bit faster than 3rd fastest person out of the 3 races (repcharges though). http://www.london2012.com/rowing/event/men-single-sculls/phase=rom012800/index.html
^^ Yeah Sawarn Singh. Hope he makes it to the Semis !
Yeah he might. But he struggled in heats so probably not a medal hope
Good to see Sawarn Singh qualifying to the QF's in Rowing. It will be tough as he's qualified via repechage. Still a good achievement. To add to that, in Men's Lightweight Double Sculls, KUMAR Sandeep / SINGH Manjeet didn't qualify the first time so going into repechage

21-9 21-4 She demolished Sabrina Jaquet.
Sweet, that was an easy one...she's def'n a medal hopeful this time around. I missed the first set because of the stupid NBC website. How do I watch without entering that username/password :dontknow:

Slightly better day for India' date=' expecting one medal tomorrow in Shooting.[/quote'] Yes, but not too good to be honest. I think our doubles tennis matches will be moved tomorrow because of the rain. Also Somdev is down in the match. He lost the first set and got broken early in 2nd set.

Yes, but not too good to be honest. I think our doubles tennis matches will be moved tomorrow because of the rain. Also Somdev is down in the match. He lost the first set and got broken early in 2nd set.
Yes , loss in Archery was a huge setback. Somdev will play Murray if he wins this match :)

We are probably the worst sporting country in the world by a mile... Even countries like Kazakhstan and Slovakia have gotten medals.. Sadly,I dont see this changing (ever)
you sound disappointed. but this is a choice that people in the country have made. indian kids choose to become nerds. their parents want them to be good at academics and think of sports as 'khel kud'. they also don't want their kids playing outside because the sun will darken their skin and make them less suitable for marriage. every single fresh off the boat indian in a foreign country looks completely out of shape. how do you expect people to become athletes with this kind of attitude? india's lack of olympic success is merely a reflection of how indian ppl don't give a flying **** about sport.