Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???

Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???  

1. 1.

• To "guide" youngsters like Jadeja in the team
    • To get his 100th 100 as he knows he's gonna struggle in Tests
    • He wanted to have a longer vacation in Aus so he came "back" for Aussie tri series
    • Can't say. It's a head scratcher and I have no clue

Doesn't matter but I defo don't India to lose to Pakis. We have a better team and should make the most of it. Sehwag in there would have been a huge dampener for Pakis who now will be eyeing our batting lineup without Sehwag and chuckling knowing fully well they can contain SRT by bowling Hafeez first up.
Dont worry we have Misbha on our side :cantstop:
All I'm saying is that you have to go with "horses for courses" approach. Selecting a team for a tourney on flat pattas in B'desh where we play likes of Pakis whose attack is spin based, you don't drop one of the most dangerous and explosive batsmen on these sort of tracks. His last game in B'desh in WC opener was 170 odd and his last game in subcontinent was a double hundred. B'desh pitches usually result in run fests and an explosive opener is a must have, especially when teams like Pakis may open with a containing spinner such as Hafeez or with Gul who was taken apart by Sehwag last time they faced off. It's a major faux pas by the selectors who should have rested Sehwag for bilateral series later on but should have played him in Asia Cup. With no Yuvi and Sehwag we don't have enough firepower in the lineup on flat pitches.
That's a different argument and that's not "all you are saying". Your other argument was that he should be picked because 'considering the fact India has played only those matches this tri-series when Sehwag wasn't "rested"' which is laughable and dumb.
Dont worry we have Misbha on our side :cantstop:
But I wanted to destroy them with Sehwag unleashed on Gul, Cheema and Hafeez first up :smiley: Sehwag would have been waiting for a chance to go berserk on pattas for a long time and he should have been picked. Now I hope we play Yusuf in place of Jaddu :pray: I know what Jaddu will do against the likes of Ajmal and we need someone like Yusuf who can tonk spinners out of the park.
That's a different argument and that's not "all you are saying". Your other argument was that he should be picked because 'considering the fact India has played only those matches this tri-series when Sehwag wasn't "rested"' which is laughable and dumb.
What I meant was that a quick burst from Sehwag at the top makes a huge difference. E.g., the last game against SL. He kick-started the innings and never let Lanka have the initiative. Even the WC game against Pakis his 30 odd was worth much more than the actual no. of runs he scored. This is the X factor I was alluding to when I said that it's no coincidence we haven't won any game this tri-series when Sehwag was rested. With Sehwag in the team the pressure is always on the opponent and they know India can never be out of the game. If he stays even for 10 overs, India can put up a huge total, and sometimes the opponents try to do much more than they should just to account for Sehwag. With no Sehwag (or Yuvi in middle order) our batting order is devoid of power hitters and our top 3 would be SRT, Gambhir and Virat. Pakis would know that even Hafeez or Ajmal can tie them down especially Tendulkar. With Sehwag in the team he woul dhave taken on the spinners and forced opponents to think out of the box.
But I wanted to destroy them with Sehwag unleashed on Gul, Cheema and Hafeez first up :smiley: Sehwag would have been waiting for a chance to go berserk on pattas for a long time and he should have been picked. Now I hope we play Yusuf in place of Jaddu :pray: I know what Jaddu will do against the likes of Ajmal and we need someone like Yusuf who can tonk spinners out of the park.
Their focus will be on Kohli. But Rohit's second favorite team is Pakistan. ON pattas he should do better i suppose. Gauti, Dhoni both do well against them. We miss Yuvraj though. Ajmal is the key. We need players to negotiate him. Raina smashed him to pieces in one match i remember. Hope all our FTBs put up a decent performance
Their focus will be on Kohli. But Rohit's second favorite team is Pakistan. ON pattas he should do better i suppose. Gauti' date=' Dhoni both do well against them. We miss Yuvraj though. Ajmal is the key. We need players to negotiate him. Raina smashed him to pieces in one match i remember. Hope all our FTBs put up a decent performance[/quote'] We need players who can take on Paki spinners. SRT struggles against spinners these days. I expect him to be tied down even by Hafeez, forget Ajmal. Kohli plays textbook cricket and is not like Sehwag. We want someone like Sehwag who could take apart Paki spinners. With no Yuvi, I hope they stick with Yusuf as he should thrive against spinners on pattas. I say play him all matches no matter what along with Rohit and Raina.
Cannot wait for the Mahashatak against the minnow :P w9emno.jpg
As aan Indian fan and a huge SRT fan during 90s I hope he doesn't get a 100 against Bangbros. That will be more of an insult as everyone will laugh whenever the record comes up for discussion. People like Greig and others will go "Sure he reached the landmark against B'desh after struggling against Eng and Aus". I hope India reaches the tri-series final and SRT plays one of those knocks he played last time we reached the tri-series finals and then retires from odis.
^ Truly' date=' he should have retired from ODIs after the Worldcup. It makes no sense that he played ODIs after the WC. He did not learn to go out on a high like Gavaskar did.[/quote'] Yup, in hindsight even SRT knows he made a bad decision and if he could do it all over again I am sure he would hang up his boots. Btw just imagine what would happen if SRT actually gets the 100 against B'desh :omg: That would be more embarrassing than anything :haha:
Actually the selectors thought of effing get over him.. Select him, let the glory hunter gets over his milestone against Bangladesh and hopefully the fecker announces his retirement and gets lost thus allowing next in-line players to get their chance.. Good on selectors to not allow the glory hunter to pick and choose ODI series.. Either the fecker gets over it in this series or should be kicked out of the ODI team after this series..
Is there any established Indian cricketer who managed to escape your verbal abuses? there's no doubt that the answer would be an emphatic NO and knowing your penchant for whining, I'm sure you've already coined nicks for all our future stars, ready to unleash after couple of failures :cantstop:
^ Truly' date=' he should have retired from ODIs after the Worldcup. It makes no sense that he played ODIs after the WC. He did not learn to go out on a high like Gavaskar did.[/quote'] THats why I said it in a very concise manner on the other thread that he lacks wisdom. Having said that, he was in a prime touch but could never capitalize not even once but it was good seeing fluent Sachin the middle while he lasted.
Actually the selectors thought of effing get over him.. Select him, let the glory hunter gets over his milestone against Bangladesh and hopefully the fecker announces his retirement and gets lost thus allowing next in-line players to get their chance.. Good on selectors to not allow the glory hunter to pick and choose ODI series.. Either the fecker gets over it in this series or should be kicked out of the ODI team after this series..
Even guy in your moniker would have more sense of talking than you, even in his dumbest role. No need to be that abusive towards any player, let alone Sachin.

Selectors should have declared team for WC 2015 first before declaring team for Asia cup. There is no point in playing somebody who'll not play in WC 2015. Only those players should be given any kind of exposure who are certain to play that tournament, otherwise I don't see any point in them playing any kind of ODI's. If not entire team, selectors should atleast declare who'll captain us in WC. There is no point in allowing Dhoni to refine his ODI captaincy if he is not going to captain India in focal event of ODI's. New captain should have enough time to prepare his team. We are already left with just three years.

This! Should not be in the team at all. Ponka in complete agreement with asterix

I am glad more and more people are beginning to raise the Tendulkar question. First it was Ganguly and now Sharda Ugra. Here's an excerpt from her article...

The most glaring selection or un-selection, however, is Sachin Tendulkar going to Dhaka. Tendulkar's future in one-day internationals has gone from being the elephant in the room to the whole zoo. The selectors, though, chose to look the other way. In the last three years, Tendulkar scaled down his involvement in ODIs: after the 2007 World Cup he played 12 matches in 2008, 21 in 2009, two in 2010, and 11 in 2011 of which nine were in the World Cup. This CB Series is his first one-day appearance since that tournament. Until 2011, Tendulkar seemed to be pacing himself for the World Cup, a mission that was inspirational - in how he found a higher gear again - and moving. If he was choosing when and where he wanted to play until February 2011, it was both understood and accepted. After the Cup was finally won, however, things have gone woozy. The facts though are clear. Tendulkar seems to have set out his plan - he will play ODIs when he thinks he can and wants to. He did not play in four series - away and at home against England and West Indies - but is playing in Australia, and now in Bangladesh. In the contest between seeking lost form and trying to ensure his late-career struggle does not end up Kapil Dev-esque, it is easy to see which side is winning. The time was ripe for the selectors to step in: they are empowered to simplify the maze Tendulkar finds himself in. Instead, they responded as though their hands were tied. A board official even described the Tendulkar situation as "an uncontrollable."
Here's the link to the complete article.... http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup-2012/content/current/story/555820.html
Selectors should have declared team for WC 2015 first before declaring team for Asia cup. There is no point in playing somebody who'll not play in WC 2015. Only those players should be given any kind of exposure who are certain to play that tournament, otherwise I don't see any point in them playing any kind of ODI's. If not entire team, selectors should atleast declare who'll captain us in WC. There is no point in allowing Dhoni to refine his ODI captaincy if he is not going to captain India in focal event of ODI's. New captain should have enough time to prepare his team. We are already left with just three years.
Tell me if you think statement 1 and statement 2 below are logically equivalent : 1. Selectors should pick only those players who are certain to play the next World Cup. 2. Selectors should not pick players who are certain not to play the next World Cup.

There is a consensus among fans that Tendulkar needs to phase himself out of ODIs. There are several reasons for this. O 1) India can build a stable team for the future. Rightnow top order very much unsettled because of "pick and choose" games. 2) He can fully focus on Tests as his performance is degrading there rapidly. 3) He has built a legacy that is vanishing fast because of his less than average performances. Would not love to see him whimping out of the scene. 4) He will most likely not be a part of 2015 world cup. I know it is too early to prepare. But looking at the ages of our top order India desperately needs to start building a good top order towards next world cup.

Tell me if you think statement 1 and statement 2 below are logically equivalent : 1. Selectors should pick only those players who are certain to play the next World Cup. 2. Selectors should not pick players who are certain not to play the next World Cup.
No, I think they are not logically equivalent. I know you think Sachin is in second category and I would agree with that. But there is certain subjectivity involved in putting player in one category or other. My point is that you can't make WC 2015 benchmark for any cricketing activity that happens across ODI world at this point of time. For example I am sure about two things, a) Dhoni will not captain India in WC2015. b) Raina will not be selected in team because his capabilities on bouncier oitches would be exposed even more in coming three years. But does that mean, we exclude Raina from any thing related to ODI? WC is not the only thing for which ODI cricket exists.