Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???

Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???  

1. 1.

• To "guide" youngsters like Jadeja in the team
    • To get his 100th 100 as he knows he's gonna struggle in Tests
    • He wanted to have a longer vacation in Aus so he came "back" for Aussie tri series
    • Can't say. It's a head scratcher and I have no clue

laugh as much as you can' date=' but you would be as clueless as the other-side, in proving otherwise.[/quote'] As I mentioned if someone believes every other batsman who played in 2000s is greater than Bradman coz these batsmen scored runs against Zimbos & B'desh which Bradman didn't, there's not much to say other than laugh :haha: By the way I can very well argue that WI in 80s was by far the best bowling attack ever and true test for batsmen, and since Gavaskar, Gooch, Miandad and others who played in 80s they are better than everyone else including the "god" :winky:
innovative my *****' date=' I won't buy anything less than a 12 MegaPixel picture of yours in a 69 position with a Tyrannosaurus - as a proof of your innovative-ness. anyway thanks for further consolidating the point I was putting across, with minimal effort.[/quote'] Pahle you ask me what should you call it, and when I put forth my suggestion you show me your ass, literally. lol By the way whats with your bhakt-jans propensity of sex and sexual innuendos?? 69 position with Tyrano whatever. Dude do you guys lack action in life? No seriously? How come its just your lot that comes up with sexual routes as a manner of sarcasm/disdain?? :winky:
laugh as much as you can' date=' but you would be as clueless as the other-side, in proving otherwise.[/quote'] Agreed. I would be hard pressed to show how Bobby Peel was better than Nilesh Kulkarni to you and hence I surrender outright :hatsoff:
^Does anyone else have 99 tons ? SRT = GOD /thread.
What's the point if "God" can't win the world cup for his team? After all he's "God" isn't he? As I said likes of McGrath, Ponting, Gilly have 3 world cups to show for their efforts whereas "God" has one and he should thank lesser mortals like Dhoni and Gambhir else we would have had to see the sorry sight of "God" playing his 7th world cup in 2015 to win his maiden title :haha: And while we are at it why didn't the "god" bestow his blessings on his team by winning maiden series in SA and Aus which "god" has tried and failed to do over the last 23 years.
And while we are at it why didn't the "god" bestow his blessings on his team by winning maiden series in SA and Aus which "god" has tried and failed to do over the last 23 years.
Why qualify that? The false god failed to win in SA and Aus during his entire career. Done. Dusted. Finito.
What's the point if "God" can't win the world cup for his team? After all he's "God" isn't he? As I said likes of McGrath, Ponting, Gilly have 3 world cups to show for their efforts whereas "God" has one and he should thank lesser mortals like Dhoni and Gambhir else we would have had to see the sorry sight of "God" playing his 7th world cup in 2015 to win his maiden title :haha: And while we are at it why didn't the "god" bestow his blessings on his team by winning maiden series in SA and Aus which "god" has tried and failed to do over the last 23 years.
The god helped India win the wc took them to the finals of one and semis in the other all the time with godly performanes.unfortunately mere mortals let him down. The god was a major contributor in India reaching no 1 rankings when he was surrounded by a team of more capable Demi gods.......typing on an iPad so will stop here can list countless oter examples
The god helped India win the wc took them to the finals of one and semis in the other all the time with godly performanes.unfortunately mere mortals let him down. The god was a major contributor in India reaching no 1 rankings when he was surrounded by a team of more capable Demi gods.......typing on an iPad so will stop here can list countless oter examples
Isn't it an amazing stat that "God" is the only one of the better batsmen to have failed in 2 WC finals? Ponting, Gilchrist, Richards, Aravinda, Jayawardene, Gambhir, Dhoni etc. have all scored runs in the final but not the "God". Plus God's divine powers haven't won us a series in SA and Aus either. Wonder why "God" didn't think it important enough to use his divine powers to get us there? By the way if the "God" has to depend on other mortals and was let down by them, he's not really a god, is he? :winky:
Isn't it an amazing stat that "God" is the only one of the better batsmen to have failed in 2 WC finals? Ponting, Gilchrist, Richards, Aravinda, Jayawardene, Gambhir, Dhoni etc. have all scored runs in the final but not the "God". Plus God's divine powers haven't won us a series in SA and Aus either. Wonder why "God" didn't think it important enough to use his divine powers to get us there? By the way if the "God" has to depend on other mortals and was let down by them, he's not really a god, is he? :winky:
God only shows you the way.....it is the mortals who need to take advantage of that.....and boy did he show the right way or what.....top 3 run getter at least on all 3 occasions
God only shows you the way.....it is the mortals who need to take advantage of that.....and boy did he show the right way or what.....top 3 run getter at least on all 3 occasions
The only thing I know is that if not for Yuvraj, Gambhir and Dhoni we wouldn't have had the 2 world titles we won recently - T20 Cup and the World Cup last year. I hope "God" decides to show the way to Mumbai in IPL and "guide" all he wants to there :pray:
Then, why are you pulling in non existent arguments to prove your point? Very few, if any posters are of the opinion that only players certain to play the 2015 WC should play from here on. Yeah, there is a certain subjectivity and I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to that subjective judgment - but as a Tendulkar fan and huge supporter what are the odds you are willing to offer on him being part of a World Cup campaign at the age of 42?Then ask yourself how those odds fare against Dhoni being captain or Raina being in the team then.
I conceded that I was drawing parallels btw two different things. But on second part, odds of Raina playing 2015 WC on bouncy pitches are as good as Sachin playing WC at age of 42. Dhoni captaincy, slightly better.
As I mentioned if someone believes every other batsman who played in 2000s is greater than Bradman coz these batsmen scored runs against Zimbos & B'desh which Bradman didn't, there's not much to say other than laugh :haha: By the way I can very well argue that WI in 80s was by far the best bowling attack ever and true test for batsmen, and since Gavaskar, Gooch, Miandad and others who played in 80s they are better than everyone else including the "god" :winky:
Saying that RP/SRT/Dravid/Kallis/Richards > Don or otherways is different from saying that proving either way is equally difficult. as you yourself acknowledged in second para.
I conceded that I was drawing parallels btw two different things. But on second part' date=' odds of Raina playing 2015 WC on bouncy pitches are as good as Sachin playing WC at age of 42. Dhoni captaincy, slightly better.[/quote'] I bet Raina will play WC 2012. If he can be second highest run getter in England ODI whey no can he play in Aus.
Saying that RP/SRT/Dravid/Kallis/Richards > Don or otherways is different from saying that proving either way is equally difficult. as you yourself acknowledged in second para.
Nope, I am not acknowledging anything but simply showing the fallacy of your argument. There's one huge reason Bradman has been considered the best and that is his average of nearly 100 which has been heads and shoulders above his peers and others. If Bradman had averaged in 50s or 60s, argument could be made he wasn't that special but how can one argue with an average of nearly a century every time he came out to bat :omg:

Asking why Tendulkar is in the team is like asking why Picasso is allowed to paint, or why Mozart is being allowed to compose music. they were born to do that.. just like SRT was specially made to live and breathe cricket. He may not be lucky with getting runs this time around.. but he is THE best batsman to place your bet on under the tightest of situations.. and he is one of the best cricketing brain and experience to have in one's team. We are lucky that he is still fit and playing for our team.

Asking why Tendulkar is in the team is like asking why Picasso is allowed to paint' date= or why Mozart is being allowed to compose music. they were born to do that.. just like SRT was specially made to live and breathe cricket. He may not be lucky with getting runs this time around.. but he is THE best batsman to place your bet on under the tightest of situations.. and he is one of the best cricketing brain and experience to have in one's team. We are lucky that he is still fit and playing for our team.
Maaf karo yaar :giggle::giggle: