Dhoni the white elephant

King

He is more like gay elephant. India will come from behind and win this test match. It will be mother of all rear guard actions :D
As much as u're a fan of rear-guard action gai, i'm sure you wouldn't want it coming from an elephant.. Oh the horror. What's a mix of a haathi and a cow anyway ?
i would prolly put it down to nerves and getting overawed by the occassion' date=' Ravs.... I would give him 3 more chances in this series... ie, next innings obviously and next test... if still things dont work out, i will bring in Yuvi for the last 2 tests....[/quote'] I hope you are aware that we have just 3 tests in this series? Oh, what value Pathan would have brought in Dhoni's place!!!
fack me one innings and he is getting slaughtered. He is a good player and will come good.
It is not the inning it is the way he batted. That was one of the worse inning I've watched from the top 7 in the recent memory.

Absolutely fair considering the situation and the shot. Particularly two shots off two consecutive balls straight to slips. Why would anyone play those shots in a test match when they had 3 slips and a gully in place? Either he's incapable or doesn't have much between ears. You pick what is appropriate.

There was no need to even touch those balls. Defensive push back to the bowler is only for deliveries within 6 inches outside off stump and that too only when the bowler is bringing the ball in. What is the point of making contact with a delivery you don't intend scoring off and is not threatening your stumps.
Couldnt agree more. The twit could have left both balls alone - either on LINE (outside off) or LENGTH (both were destined to bounce way over the stumps). I have sometimes felt gutted watching kamikaze cricket, but this was one of the smelliest brainfarts of all time.
Secondly how was Ganguly any worse than Tendulkar or Laxman in the first inning?
Its about attitude mate, its okay to get out while playing your shots but just to stay there to hang in is not what one expects from a player who represents your country. Having said that, today ganguly played a lot more positive. but again, if you saw last over, he did not want to play last four balls although one single was available off the second ball. This is exactly what I am talking about. Totally unprofessional.