Liverpool's Luis Suarez snubs Patrice Evra handshake

1983-2011

The video of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez refusing to shake Manchester United defender Patrice Evra's hand is avalible on BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16996567

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez refused to shake Manchester United defender Patrice Evra's hand before Saturday's game between the fierce rivals. Suarez, who was banned for eight matches after racially abusing Evra when the sides met at Anfield in October, snubbed Evra in the pre-match handshake at Old Trafford. Evra reacted angrily and tried to grab the Uruguayan's hand. England defender Rio Ferdinand then refused to shake Suarez's hand. Saturday's lunchtime kick-off was the first time Evra and Suarez had come into contact following the incident last year, which saw Suarez banned for eight games and fined Ž£40,000.
Patrice Evra celebrates after the match 8H2OLWTNfg0&feature=related

Both complete tools... Evra would've walked out the better man from all this except that he had to act like a complete ***** and dance in front of Suarez after the match (Sreesanth ?) - completely negating any sympathy I had for him.
why do u expect every one to have clean image? evra is a tool i agree, but after what happened post match, any captain of a winning side against against pool in such a game would go nuts and take a dig at the guy, this case it was suarez, i didnt mind anything, suarez was a tool not to shake hands, real shame... a football match of this stature deserves some spice, which it got, although pool were really pedestrian

Today Liverpool proved that as a club they have no class. From Suarez avoiding the handshake to Dalglish' embarrassing interview. Evra dancing near Suarez was unnecessary and OTT but considering Liverpool's disgraceful behaviour over the last few months it can be forgiven. PS. - I am probably the biggest Man United hater on this forum.

Today Liverpool proved that as a club they have no class. From Suarez avoiding the handshake to Dalglish' embarrassing interview. Evra dancing near Suarez was unnecessary and OTT but considering Liverpool's disgraceful behaviour over the last few months it can be forgiven. PS. - I am probably the biggest Man United hater on this forum.
Agree Suarez is an imbecile. Daglish is a racist and clearly quite stupid. Liverpool football club are an embbarssment. Usally fergie talks BS. But in his interview after the game I 100% agreed with him

lol yeah

Agree Suarez is an imbecile. Daglish is a racist and clearly quite stupid. Liverpool football club are an embbarssment. Usally fergie talks BS. But in his interview after the game I 100% agreed with him
That is pathetic, it's clear you do not need shake hands with someone you don't like, Suarez should not have been forced to do so. And this is where it should end instead of constant mentioning on how Suarez caused everything to go bad.

I actually think what Evra did was worse. Yes, Suarez could have avoided the entire situation had he shaked Evra's hand, but does that make it ok for Evra to grab Suarez' hand? I refuse to believe Evra is completely innocent in the whole situation given how he acted today, he did not act like a captain, he acted like a child. One thing is clear, both players are idiots.

why do u expect every one to have clean image? evra is a tool i agree, but after what happened post match, any captain of a winning side against against pool in such a game would go nuts and take a dig at the guy, this case it was suarez, i didnt mind anything, suarez was a tool not to shake hands, real shame... a football match of this stature deserves some spice, which it got, although pool were really pedestrian
You must referring to Gary Neville... and yup pretty much another ***** too, he should be allowed nowhere near the youngsters of your club. Ferguson rightly criticized Evra as well for his behaviour - the fans should take a hint. Right now both Evra and Suarez are at the same level..no victims..no aggressor..

I actually think what Evra did was worse. Yes, Suarez could have avoided the entire situation had he shaked Evra's hand, but does that make it ok for Evra to grab Suarez' hand? I refuse to believe Evra is completely innocent in the whole situation given how he acted today, he did not act like a captain, he acted like a child. One thing is clear, both players are idiots.
Disagree that Evra was the bigger idiot. Suarez darkened the mood of the match before a ball had been kicked and ensured that this ugly saga would drag on with his pathetic actions. To be fair, the FA should have cancelled the handshake in the 1st place and this would have been all avoided. Evra's actions were wrong at the end but more understandable and even his manager said he was wrong whereas Dalglish's interview with Sky was plain embarrassing. Agree both are idiots but in this instance Suarez was a total disgrace IMO and Evra's foolish actions were the result of Suarez's earlier actions (still doesn't make it right)

Meh. In Uruguay it is ok for players not to shake hands with others. :dontmentionit: On Topic: both players should lay the controversy to rest now. Suarez and the Red'ss image is hurt more from this because gloating in front of a player will attract far fewer eyeballs than refusing to shake his hands.

Do you really think Evra had no right to protest? He should have taken racist Shy te meekly from this Suraez C unt? When Suarez called Evra a ****** I thought he acted foolishly , and he wasnt a racist. In fact i blamed FA for maligning his image. But on Saturday, Suarez showed the world that he is actually a racist and SYSTEM cant do anything about it.. Denying handshake to Evra was clearly an act of racism. No amount of apologies in media is going to help now. Only face saving thing for Liverpool is to sell Suarez in next transfer window.

Do you really think Evra had no right to protest? He should have taken racist Shy te meekly from this Suraez C unt? When Suarez called Evra a ****** I thought he acted foolishly , and he wasnt a racist. In fact i blamed FA for maligning his image. But on Saturday, Suarez showed the world that he is actually a racist and SYSTEM cant do anything about it.. Denying handshake to Evra was clearly an act of racism. No amount of apologies in media is going to help now. Only face saving thing for Liverpool is to sell Suarez in next transfer window.
It doesn't prove he is a racist, it just proves he is a ****.

Suarez is an idiot and this is his last year in England.
Yup... Barca probably opened champaigne bottles after the handshake incident.. He's mostly going there I think, expect Madrid to be in some turmoil after Mourinho leaves this season for them to actually focus on their transfer targets..