Warne and Mcgrath to quit....Breaking news

beetle

Re: Warne and Mcgrath to quit....Breaking news now india can finally win a test series in australia..with the kind of bowling we have now..and the experience of playing down under.. but OZZ ODI unit is still very much the strongest among the teams... so it will require special efforts from the teams who are dreaming of defeating AUS in WC... India, SA, Pak and SL has some chance in WI.. but indeed its a good news that these greats are now retiring... all the more reason for me to watch the boxing day test match between aus and Eng..

Re: Warne and Mcgrath to quit....Breaking news Extremely sad day for cricket as two awesome bowlers will bow out. Two absolute champs. And one of my heroes Shane Warne will never play test cricket after the 5th test again. The best spinner I have ever seen. The Bradman of spin bowling. One of the top 5 cricketers of all time. A great entertainer. The matchwinner Australia could always count on. Sad sad day.

Re: Warne and Mcgrath to quit....Breaking news He is indeed retiring and so is Mcgrath apparently. Warne though will continue to captain Hampshire though. They won't be the last as aussies next test after the Ashes are in November. Hayden, Gilly, Langer will surely also join them wether by choice or by the selectors as aussies build for future. Some may carry on till world cup but in tests may have seen the last of the above.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Warne and Mcgrath to quit....Breaking news This Ashes is testimony to the fact that these two get away with daylight robbery.. And yes if there is any bowling bradman his name has to be Muralitharan

Re: Warne and Mcgrath to quit....Breaking news A lot of what you say is spot on Bheembhai. They are great bowlers but cos of some of the factors you point out it has helped to make them legends. Amazing the lbws Warne gets when he is a big turner compared to the non lbws kumble gets. Taufel comments sum it up. No umpire would dare to say that about warne

Re: Warne and Mcgrath to quit....Breaking news I can't stand the media in Uk and there over adulation of fatty. Stupid myths come about, like he reintroduced the art of spin bowling as a force in cricket and leg spin was dying art till Warne. Yeah cos Kumble and Mushtaq Ahmed only came about cos of Warne. What tosh. Spin bowling may have been a dying art in gora countries but not in indian subcontinenet.