If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

Raam Mandir issue should have been resolved by congress decades ago. They have been stalling it and misusing it for Vote bank politics. After all why do we have so much love for Barbaric people anyway who invaded India. Its not like the whole thing came down on the first day. Many many years everyone was asking that this place be handed over to the worshipers. Shri Raam is worshiped for thousands of years in India. Whatever happened is past but it should still be resolved peacefully now. Blaming BJP that they are doing politics out of it is high level of hypocrisy. Why shouldn't they do it if others have been doing exact same things for decades. What Akhilesh doing is no better than politics either. So many are suffering because of Gunda gardi in UP since he came to the power. Bodies are already out there in public. Hmmm let me think, he is secular.

I doubt if there is any interest in Ram-mandir issue outside UP.. It will hardly become a national issue this time. There are no BJP/VHP meetings on Ram-mandir issue outside of UP
even in UP the only people interested in it are RSS/VHP and some from the BJP. For the common people the Ram Mandir stopped being an issue about 10 years ago.

I doubt if there is any interest in Ram-mandir issue outside UP.. It will hardly become a national issue this time. There are no BJP/VHP meetings on Ram-mandir issue outside of UP
Well interest or no interest, the fact is that your party of choice is not allowing the parliament to function because of the issue. They are disappointed that their expected rioting could not happen.

Well interest or no interest' date=' the fact is that your party of choice is not allowing the parliament to function because of the issue. They are disappointed that their expected rioting could not happen.[/quote'] in this particular case this whole Chaurasi Kos Yatra thing was led by RSS/VHP from the very beginning and many BJP leaders, especially from UP, are against it because they know that the timing clearly chows a political intent and they don't want that right now. But of course now that so many people and VHP leaders have been arrested, BJP will also protest about it.

in this particular case this whole Chaurasi Kos Yatra thing was led by RSS/VHP from the very beginning and many BJP leaders' date=' especially from UP, are against it because they know that the timing clearly chows a political intent and they don't want that right now. But of course now that so many people and VHP leaders have been arrested, BJP will also protest about it.[/quote'] This is cheap from VHP. Country doesn't want national time to be wasted on RamMandir stuff. VHP should not be allowed to publicize this issue. Good it was clamped down.

This is cheap from VHP. Country doesn't want national time to be wasted on RamMandir stuff. VHP should not be allowed to publicize this issue. Good it was clamped down.
VHP has zero MPs - it is the BJP which is not allowing the parliament to function. I know it's fashionable for BJP supporters to try and dissociate the BJP from VHP, but in reality they are the same.

VHP has zero MPs - it is the BJP which is not allowing the parliament to function. I know it's fashionable for BJP supporters to try and dissociate the BJP from VHP' date= but in reality they are the same.
not now. A large number of the next-gen leaders in the BJP had moved on from the Ram Mandir as an issue or at least they had understood that the Ram Mandir issue no longer got votes but since Modi's elevation the issue is once again being raised - be it by Amit Shah or Rajnath Singh or RSS or VHP.

not now. A large number of the next-gen leaders in the BJP had moved on from the Ram Mandir as an issue or at least they had understood that the Ram Mandir issue no longer got votes but since Modi's elevation the issue is once again being raised - be it by Amit Shah or Rajnath Singh or RSS or VHP.
Yeah, I meant the current BJP leadership and focus ie. Modi, Shah, Rajnath etc.

Akhilesh showing Modi that mass scale rioting can be prevented by mobilizing security forces and using existing laws rather than displaying 50+ dead bodies to the public.
you think Akhilseh did it to prevent riots :hysterical: RSS/VHP leaders had met MSY and had reached an agreement regarding the yatra and MSY had given his consent to providing proper security for it but then some people (especially Azam Khan) thought that giving permission for such a yatra may hurt a certain vote bank of SP so the Govt. suddenly backtracked on its promise. Also, VHP/RSS got a bit overconfident and tried to make this usually small yatra into a rather big event - that also went against them.

you think Akhilseh did it to prevent riots :hysterical:
No, his intent might have been completely different, but the fact is it demonstrated that the government has enough powers to prevent mass scale riots, something that Modi supporters contest with regards to 2002. And regardless of the motivations of Akhilesh's governments I am happy that innocent lives were saved.

No' date= his intent might have been completely different, but the fact is it demonstrated that the government has enough powers to prevent mass scale riots, something that Modi supporters contest with regards to 2002. And regardless of the motivations of Akhilesh's governments I am happy that innocent lives were saved.
fair enough. But this thing's not over by any means - now the BJP will (in fact it already has) join in the protests and VHP/RSS will protest across UP and there will be clashes with Govt. authorities. Lets see what Akhilesh does...

UP has 19% muslims who don't vote for bjp, 30% sc/st population most of which votes for the bsp. Its a big handicap for them. If raising ram temple issue in UP gives them some vote share, they should go for it.

fair enough. But this thing's not over by any means - now the BJP will (in fact it already has) join in the protests and VHP/RSS will protest across UP and there will be clashes with Govt. authorities. Lets see what Akhilesh does...
Yeah, I agree that the storm is by no means over and with that slimeball Shah in UP, it won't be realistically till the elections.

UP has 19% muslims who don't vote for bjp' date= 30% sc/st population most of which votes for the bsp. Its a big handicap for them. If raising ram temple issue in UP gives them some vote share, they should go for it.
that should mean that there's a VERY LARGE untapped "market" for the BJP and it desperately needs some part of this 49% (19% + 30%) in order to do well. Going back to Ram Mandir isn't likely to attract the Muslims/SC/STs, in fact even the Hindus are not attracted by it now.

Yeah' date=' I agree that the storm is by no means over and with that slimeball Shah in UP, it won't be realistically till the elections.[/quote'] array abhi toh Dear Leader UP aaye bhi nahi hain....he is expected to start touring UP from Sept. Tab aayega asli mazaa.

Well interest or no interest' date=' the fact is that your party of choice is [b']not allowing the parliament to function because of the issue. They are disappointed that their expected rioting could not happen.
I'll take that whatever their intents as well, just like you prefer SP blocking the yatra, which is fine by me. "Your" party has strangled our economy for so many years (decades to be honest) and is happy to keep it into the land of beggars to win elections.

I'll take that whatever their intents as well' date=' just like you prefer SP blocking the yatra, which is fine by me. "Your" party has strangled our economy for so many years (decades to be honest) and is happy to keep it into the land of beggars to win elections.[/quote'] There is just one basic thing wrong with your statement - Congress is not my party. I have earlier made posts that I would prefer a BJP minus Modi over Congress for this particular elections.

Well interest or no interest' date=' the fact is that your party of choice is not allowing the parliament to function because of the issue. [b']They are disappointed that their expected rioting could not happen.
thats serious charge.. nobody wants innocent blood on their hands. Can you come up with any proof that BJP wants riots in the country? Dont go back to 2002,because others will go back to 1984

that should mean that there's a VERY LARGE untapped "market" for the BJP and it desperately needs some part of this 49% (19% + 30%) in order to do well. Going back to Ram Mandir isn't likely to attract the Muslims/SC/STs' date=' in fact even the Hindus are not attracted by it now.[/quote'] Very tough to tap this market given the populist schemes and symbolisms of other parties and the image of bjp itself. What I think is, they will raise ram temple issue in UP only, modi would stay away from it. Modi will focus on issues of development, price rise and corruption.