If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

It means that since Muslims are allowed 4 wives - they become hum paanch(1 husband + 4 wives) and then they produce like a factory to become pacchis(25) with 4 kids per wife on average, so according to Modi the average Muslim household has 25 residents, and we haven't counted the parents yet. .
Thanks. It must be pertinent to note that Muslims were taking shelter in refugee camps when he made that speech which makes the context clear. Interestingly, it seems that Modi is not the person who originally made the comment. It was apparently used by some people during BJP's 1996 election campaign which elaborated on the same reference. Coming back to their roots? :smile:

Thanks. It must be pertinent to note that Muslims were taking shelter in refugee camps when he made that speech which clearly makes the context clear.
Yeah and displaced Muslims from the 2002 riots numbering around 100,000 are still living in refugee camps. While you find the odd article about Kashmiri Pundits the silence on those Gujarati Muslims is deafening. But roads mast banata hai Modi.
Interestingly, it seems that Modi is not the person who originally made the comment. It was apparently used by some people during BJP's 1996 election campaign which elaborated on the same reference. Coming back to their roots? :smile:
It was a common election slogan by the BJP in UP during the 90s till the election commission clamped down on it in the '98 elections.

^ Let's get to a more basic question - why are there no minutes for such an important meeting? And what did the SIT do to probe that fact?
Not all government meetings have minutes recorded. If this were such an important meeting why did Sanjeev Bhatt did not even mention attending this meeting to his superior ? He was supposed to do so, but he never did.

Not all government meetings have minutes recorded. If this were such an important meeting why did Sanjeev Bhatt did not even mention attending this meeting to his superior ? He was supposed to do so' date=' but he never did.[/quote'] So a meeting held on the day that 60 people were burned in a railway coach was not important enough for the minutes to be recorded? Forget about Sanjiv Bhatt, let's focus on facts: 1. 60 people were burned alive in a railway coach. 2. The CM called a meeting to take toll of the law and order situation in the state that night. 3. There are no records of a meeting in which among other decisions, a decision was made to hand over the bodies to the VHP for them to do whatever they feel like. My question based on the above 3 indisputable facts is that why are there no minutes for such an important meeting and why did the SIT not question Modi on the absence of those minutes.

Yeah and displaced Muslims from the 2002 riots numbering around 100,000 are still living in refugee camps. While you find the odd article about Kashmiri Pundits the silence on those Gujarati Muslims is deafening. But roads mast banata hai Modi. It was a common election slogan by the BJP in UP during the 90s till the election commission clamped down on it in the '98 elections.
So if the slogan was so popular - there can be no misinterpretation on its meaning. I wonder even after 6+ months of the riots a politician makes such a statement what would he have been thinking at the time of the riots. Here's an excerpt of the speech
Let me ask a question to my Congress friends, if water is brought during Shravan month, those mothers / ladies residing on the banks of Sabarmati river can take bath in Narnada water and feel holiness and blessedness. Then what is paining them? Since, we (means BJP) are here, we brought water in Sabarmati during the month of Shravan, when you are there, you can bring it in the month of Ramdan (the h oly month of Muslims). When, we brought water in the month of Shravan, you feel bad. When we spend money for the development of Bahucharaji also, you feel bad. What brother, should we run relief camps? (referring to relief camps for riot affected Muslims). Should I start children producing centers there, i.e relief camps? We want to achieve progress by pursuing the policy of family planning with determination. We are 5 and our 25 !!! (Ame panch, Amara panch, referring the Muslim polygamy). On whose name such a development is pursued? Cant Gujarat implement family planning? Whose inhibitions are coming in our way? Which religious sect is coming in the way? Why money is not reaching to the poor? If some people go on producing children, the children will do cycle puncture repair only? If we want to develop Gujarat, every child born in Gujarat should get education, enlightenment, livelihood and the economic order should be built up accordingly. For this purpose, there is a need for teaching a lesson to those pe ople, who are expanding their population (Hinting at Muslims).

So if the slogan was so popular - there can be no misinterpretation on its meaning. I wonder even after 6+ months of the riots a politician makes such a statement what would he have been thinking at the time of the riots. Here's an excerpt of the speech
Wow! I read that transcript now and besides the comments which have already been discussed on other occasions, the comment on teaching a lesson to people producing more children referring to Muslims is disgusting to say the least. This is what he said 6 months after the riots(when they were already publicized as one of the biggest disasters in India), for anyone with an iota of IQ and an open mind it's easy to extrapolate what he would have done at the time of the riots.

Wow! I read that transcript now and besides the comments which have already been discussed on other occasions' date=' [b']the comment on teaching a lesson to people producing more children referring to Muslims is disgusting to say the least. This is what he said 6 months after the riots(when they were already publicized as one of the biggest disasters in India), for anyone with an iota of IQ and an open mind it's easy to extrapolate what he would have done at the time of the riots.
At the risk of being castigated on this forum, I will also posit that it will come across many times harsh in Hindi which was the language of medium for that speech. SIT has access to that speech and considers it in its closure report. This speech was given at Becharaji, Gujarat a popular religious place of Hindus (please correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the next question is - how is that not "hate speech" is beyond my understanding? A cursory search tells me that Modi should be tried under Section 153A, 124A for that speech which amounts to punishment of upto 3 years in jail or fine or both. Sorry to "insult Modi" by the way.

At the risk of being castigated on this forum, I will also posit that it will come across many times harsh in Hindi which was the language of medium for that speech.
Sabak sikha denge unko? Par roads acchi banata hai. :laugh:
SIT has access to that speech and considers it in its closure report. This speech was given at Becharaji, Gujarat a popular religious place of Hindus (please correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the next question is - how is that not "hate speech" is beyond my understanding? A cursory search tells me that Modi should be tried under Section 153A, 124A for that speech which amounts to punishment of upto 3 years in jail or fine or both. Sorry to "insult Modi" by the way.
Because it's small fish like Varun Gandhi who would be caught by our set up to show that they are doing something - usko bhi chhod denge 2-4 din baad. When it comes to Modi or a leader of similar stature like Laloo, cases chalte rahenge, reports file hoti ragengi, but ultimately kucch nahin hoga till they become politically irrelevant and then depending on convenience some of them might be convicted to show the people ki insaaf ho gaya. Till that happens to Modi, we can still enjoy the good roads of Gujarat.:two_thumbs_up:

Yeah modern discourse in India politics. Nothing needs to be proven to be fact. Well Raegan did say "Facts are stupid things". Not accepting the SC observations is however a bigger insult. If not accepting it' date=' atleast findings should be challenged Lets be clear, negligence or ineptitude are not equal to "mens rea" or guilty intent unless proven otherwise. I have great time for bleeding hearts if they are able place compelling argument. In absence of that, it is just empty vessels.[/quote'] Looks like this troll still has no proof to back u his claims about 25% Muslims voting for Modi and the Supreme Court giving a "clean chit" to Modi. I've verified that the troll has read this thread after this question was posed to him and has also posted in other threads after the question was posed to him. Great Bong Unkil ki website se cut milta hoga isko jhoot bolne ka. Kitna milta hai is the question?

Sabak sikha denge unko? Par roads acchi banata hai. :laugh: Because it's small fish like Varun Gandhi who would be caught by our set up to show that they are doing something - usko bhi chhod denge 2-4 din baad. When it comes to Modi or a leader of similar stature like Laloo, cases chalte rahenge, reports file hoti ragengi, but ultimately kucch nahin hoga till they become politically irrelevant and then depending on convenience some of them might be convicted to show the people ki insaaf ho gaya. Till that happens to Modi, we can still enjoy the good roads of Gujarat.:two_thumbs_up:
Most likely - add the baccha word too and you have the perfect recipe for disaster. The place it was said is also important. Point to note, the SIT preliminary report found Modi's explanation on the speech "unconvincing".

After some serious brain racking and evidence of what we have seen in muzaffarnagar and convincing arguments from secularists, I have now switched sides. I cant be a part of communal India where there intolerance against any religion. The fabric of India cannot be challenged. Modi & co. have directly caused escalation in peaceful state of UP.

Let me summarise Dexter and Outsider to save people a lot of trouble. Must give it t Kangress,even all the lives lost under them follow the Halal formula,slow bleed to death....whatta secular party :hatsoff: 'Non-Communal terrorist attacks' hote rahte hain :dontknow: chalta hai Modi roads accha banata hai par 11 saal pehle there was a 'Communal riot' from which he can never recover from :((

The parliamentary elections maybe a winter and a summer away, but political parties have already started the scramble for the hundred-odd, suitable-for-election campaign choppers in the country. The helicopter charter industry predicts that much before the battle for the ballot actually begins, parties will battle for choppers as there are fewer campaign-worthy choppers compared to the last general elections. Thanks to the fact that political parties are perennially flush with funds, the helicopter charter industry, unlike other sectors, has insulated itself from the effects of the weak rupee, the Syrian crisis and poor economic growth. "This election, every helicopter that can be hired is being hired by party agents. If a car could be fixed with a rotor wing and made to fly, it would have been booked,'' said a helicopter charter operator based in Delhi. The surge in demand and supply shortfall has resulted in dynamic fares. A twin-engine helicopter like Bell 429 costs Rs 1.50 lakh an hour if one were to hire it for use today, or in the coming weeks, or after May 2014. But for the weeks preceding the poll, the cost is apparently 20-30% higher, if the Delhi-based operator is to be believed. Similarly, a single-engine Bell 407 for instance, which costs Rs 80,000 an hour, is dearer. Operators in other cities though, said prices were yet to see such a spike. Hiring choices are same across parties: twin-engine helicopters for big netas and single-engine for others. "It is not just the Congress or BJP. For instance, BSP leader Mayawati relies heavily on helicopters to campaign,'' said an industry insider. While helicopter campaigning is low in states like Kerala and Tamil Nadu, it is de rigueur in Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, reasons varying from size of the state, poor road network to ambitious leaders. Operators based in Delhi, the centre of the aircraft charter business in India, say that compared to 2009, the country today has about 30 choppers less, because of factors like recession, government policies etc. Moreover, four choppers were lost in the Uttarakhand tragedy. Capt Udai Gelli of the RotaryWing Society of India said: "Costs have increased due to the weak rupee. Besides, given that there aren't as many helicopters available this time around, the charter rates will be high.'' Col Jayanth Poovaiah of Bangalore-based Deccan Charters Ltd said bookings are on and demand is high, though he didn't agree with rates quoted by Delhi-based operators. The country has a total of 285 helicopters, less than 100 are available for campaigning. Most tied up for oil-rig operations and are 10-13 seater choppers, so they are not preferred for campaigning. Some are owned by state governments, others registered as private helicopters. "Owners give them to politicians they support, though under the law, a private helicopter cannot be given for hire or reward,'' said a charter aircraft operator. Also, if an aircraft charter company is owned by a politician, its choppers are clearly out of bounds for rival parties. Minister of urban development Kamal Nath's Delhi-based Span Air, which has a fleet of six aircraft, is a case in point.

Has he joined the party or just being felicitated? In anycase expect the Congress Dirty Tricks Deptt to throw some muck at Major Rathore now. P.S : Looks like he's formally joined the party. Vasundhara Raje tweeted this

@VasundharaBJP 8m Extending heartiest welcome to the Ace Shooter Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore to BJP. From here we begin a new chapter for the youth.