If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

Karnataka is 1 bad apple. I am not sure how the new leadership is but many states like MP, Guj, Chhattisgarh are extremely happy with BJP govt. Same goes for Punj and Bihar where they are in alliances. But there are many progressive people in BJP who will do much better job at national level. I know how the sentiments are when state govt does not deliver. I hope it works better with new CM in Karnataka.

why not Arun Jaitley?
He is incapable of stopping the communal politics Modi will bring in once BJP is in power, IMO. I am not a big fan of Sushma Swaraj either but she was instrumental in getting MP rid of Uma Bharti - some might say it was due to personal goals of not letting other women politicians rise in BJP - but such is the paucity of choices that I am inclined to give her the benefit of doubt that her reasons were to weed out the communal elements from BJP.

He is incapable of stopping the communal politics Modi will bring in once BJP is in power' date=' IMO. I am not a big fan of Sushma Swaraj either but she was instrumental in getting MP rid of Uma Bharti - some might say it was due to personal goals of not letting other women politicians rise in BJP - but such is the paucity of choices that I am inclined to give her the benefit of doubt that her reasons were to weed out the communal elements from BJP.[/quote'] Uma Bharti had to go out as MP CM because of the non bailable warrant against her issued in the Hubli Idgah Maidan national flag case. Sushma Swaraj wala kissa baad ka hai when she accused all BJP leaders Mahajan, Jaitley, Naidu, Sushma Swarajfor off the record briefing against her

Uma Bharti had to go out as MP CM because of the non bailable warrant against her issued in the Hubli Idgah Maidan national flag case. Sushma Swaraj wala kissa baad ka hai when she accused all BJP leaders Mahajan' date= Jaitley, Naidu, Sushma Swarajfor off the record briefing against her
Thanks for correcting me - I had the timelines mixed up. But that does not detract from my main point that while Swaraj and Jaitley are largely not communal, past tells me that Sushma Swaraj will be a stronger leader to stem the likes of Modi in BJP.

He is incapable of stopping the communal politics Modi will bring in once BJP is in power' date=' IMO. I am not a big fan of Sushma Swaraj either but she was instrumental in getting MP rid of Uma Bharti - some might say it was due to personal goals of not letting other women politicians rise in BJP - but such is the paucity of choices that I am inclined to give her the benefit of doubt that her reasons were to weed out the communal elements from BJP.[/quote'] Actually AFAIK if there's one leader in the BJP who has some influence over Modi and who can control him, its Arun Jaitley. He has excellent relations with Modi and helped a lot early on in his career so Modi listens to him.

Actually AFAIK if there's one leader in the BJP who has some influence over Modi and who can control him' date=' its Arun Jaitley. He has excellent relations with Modi and helped a lot early on in his career so Modi listens to him.[/quote'] You are right on that, but Modi is a Godzilla. He won't give a damn about his mentors when it comes to establishing vote banks like he has done in Gujarat even at the expense of the basic preamble of our constitution. Anyhow, discussing Modi is largely academic because he has got his ass handed to him over multiple elections outside Gujarat.

SG there are rumors Modi is going to fight the LS elections from Lucknow. Will you vote for him :P
He's not that big a fool. There's a large Muslim population in Lko who'll vote for a friggin monkey if he's standing against Modi so there's no chance of him contesting from here.

If Modi wins from Lucknow I'll denounce Lucknow as my home town.
When a non entity like Lalji Tandon who was Vajpayee's eletion manager can win, Modi surely can. BTW some rumors also being floated that Congress could do a repeat of 1984 (what they did to Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna in 1984 by fielding Amitabh Bachchan against him) with Shahrukh Khan being tipped to take on Modi. All rumors though.