Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?

Guest BossBhai

Technique of batsman in the video : Is it exquisite or not ?  

1. 1.

• Yes The Technique is exquisite.
    • No it is not.

As the interminable countdown to Tendulkar’s 100th international century drags on, the Indian media and cricket fans have become obsessed with numbers. This is the Tendulkar trap. Perhaps the man himself has become a little jittery in the face of statistical immortality too, to the detriment of his own batting.

David S of South Yarra says… January 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM This is an article designed to get people stirred up. For starters, I don't see how you can single out a batsman for criticism on the grounds that he did not "engineer a win" against Australia in Australia. Tendulkar played very well against Australia as part of weak Indian teams in 1991-92 and 1999-2000 as well as being a major contributor in 2003-04 (a drawn series) and the 2007-08 result (2-1 Australia). You refer to not winning "clutch moments". A week or so after Laxman and Dravid went to town, Tendulkar scored a century in the third test, ensuring India gained a first innings advantage. His century in the second innings of the 1st test against us in 1998 is also worth remembering. On a final note, comparing Bradman with anyone in the modern age is almost impossible. His was a record made in a different age, with different pitches, bowlers (not to mention less international cricket). Spot on. ... Roger Harps of Perth Legend says… January 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM ha ha..what a joke article.. perhaps the author has forgotton the great 155* in chennai in 1998 against warne n company on turner which changed the series...perhaps he has forgotten 1998 bashing in sharjah..by that way..WARNE is overated..he has never taken wickets against challenging batsman who play spin well (read indians) whats the use of taking english n south african wickets? i would take warne in all time great team without blinking.but will i take warne in the side to take 5 wickets n win matches against India in india? will i take Sir Don Bradman to win matches against England when the rules are changed a little?

David S of South Yarra says January 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM This is an article designed to get people stirred up. For starters, I don't see how you can single out a batsman for criticism on the grounds that he did not "engineer a win" against Australia in Australia. Tendulkar played very well against Australia as part of weak Indian teams in 1991-92 and 1999-2000 as well as being a major contributor in 2003-04 (a drawn series) and the 2007-08 result (2-1 Australia). You refer to not winning "clutch moments". A week or so after Laxman and Dravid went to town, Tendulkar scored a century in the third test, ensuring India gained a first innings advantage. His century in the second innings of the 1st test against us in 1998 is also worth remembering. On a final note, comparing Bradman with anyone in the modern age is almost impossible. His was a record made in a different age, with different pitches, bowlers (not to mention less international cricket). Spot on. ... Roger Harps of Perth Legend says January 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM ha ha..what a joke article.. perhaps the author has forgotton the great 155* in chennai in 1998 against warne n company on turner which changed the series...perhaps he has forgotten 1998 bashing in sharjah..by that way..WARNE is overated..he has never taken wickets against challenging batsman who play spin well (read indians) whats the use of taking english n south african wickets? i would take warne in all time great team without blinking.but will i take warne in the side to take 5 wickets n win matches against India in india? will i take Sir Don Bradman to win matches against England when the rules are changed a little?
:hatsoff:
Dare I say, your previous post regarding Wasim Akram was given benefit of doubt by yours truly as you are normally a sane poster. But such nonsense lifts the purdah gloriously. I am proud that if India produces fans like you, it also produces humble players like both Sunil Gavaskar and Sachin tendulkar. When Sunil Gavaskar had equalled Bradman's record number of centuries, a fanboy journalist had asked him how it felt to be same as Bradman and Sunny, arrogant as he was, had chided the journalist with "You should check in how many Tests Sir Don compiled those centuries". Of course years later fans like you who refuse to read up even those who are fan of, make a fool of themselves. :winky:
Luks paee.. i think u shud read again what i wrote. Btw.. that time my laptop battery was gone so i was using my Black berry (a pain to use) therefore i couldn't elaborate further. I but no means tried to compare Waz with UY...what i meant was Waz was a genuine fast bowler that time with little skills , he himself in most of the interview have accepted the fact he learnt he real art of bowling after 4-5 years on international cricket .. Sunny/VIV we nearing there retirement when waz came into the scene . There whole carrier was surrounded by some genuine , intimidating fast bowlers with real skills and they used to hunt in packs .. Roberts , Garner , Malcom , Mr. Whispering Death etc .. and if someone had played them with success then someone like Waz can't be a real threat to a seasonal player like sunny. Well let me get this correct... if we say SRT had better skills than Hobbs or any other former cricket does that mean we are reducing them ??? If i say I love apple more than a orange that doesn't mean i hate oranges... Its just how a person sees it... for u may be oranges would be better.
one of the latest sh1t i have ever read... Anthony Sharwood is an idiot who always had a grudge against INDIA.. VVS is think u can do better than this... Well i suppose u posted a video of SRT getting out ... well what about Hoggs getting bowled in the 1st Video posted by BossBhai ... as least the delivery faced by SRT was far more better.
one of the latest sh1t i have ever read... Anthony Sharwood is an idiot who always had a grudge against INDIA.. VVS is think u can do better than this... Well i suppose u posted a video of SRT getting out ... well what about Hoggs getting bowled in the 1st Video posted by BossBhai ... as least the delivery faced by SRT was far more better.
He has not just hit the Australian team. he has given a major blow to CA's authority too.... BCCI started building fort on back of SG and Kapil. But Sachin redisigned it to make it tallest and strongest one.... Let the dogs bark... who cares.....

The games payed earlier we fully biased against a certain team or player.. Harold Larwood can't play any further ..reason : He bowls too phaaast and at the body of Aussies .. WG Grace can't be given out ... reason : People have come in large nos. to see him play.. The ball has gone for phour .. reason : Fielder wanted to see DON's square drive.

The games payed earlier we fully biased against a certain team or player.. Harold Larwood can't play any further ..reason : He bowls too phaaast and on the body of Aussies .. WG Grace can't be given out ... reason : People have come in large nos. to see him play.. The ball has gone for phour .. reason : Fielder wanted to see DON's square drive.
Opinion of Larwood doesnt matter.....
Dude, First up dont use bhaari-bharkam shabd like "conviction" if you dont understand the meaning of it.
Now I will have to ask you if i am feeling hungry? :dance:
So Greg Chappell wont criticize Bradman because is Australian, lekin your celebration of Sachin is fine even though you and he are both Indian! lol..What was that - Tum karo to disco, hum karein to mujra??
Explain to me why Larwood retired? Because he got CA hero out? And if a white bloke says something he automaticall has precedence to what a Indian says :hehe:
So now that we have cleared you couldnt find an Australian who supports your "we" club. Lets move to England. Give me some names here. Should be easy for guys with conviction like you, no? :hmmm:
Why MCC didnt had legs to support Larwood? Have you got any understanding of White aristocracy? You know it very well but i will reiterate it again, why have my understanding changed. Difference is ,internet gave me access to view what it was like those days..And after watching that and digging a bit,I realised that I can not take anymore of those scandulous lies, silly, crapinfo, along the official line statements and praises. And to top it all, people like you are saying that read the adjectives and superlatives which describes those videos and ignore what you see in them video else you claim "I am saying so because I am indian" :facepalm: Pot calling the kettle black What if I exten your understanding and say I genuinely believe Ponting was better bat than Bradman????

vvs, I have not read all your posts. But i think your counter arguments generally seem to have this theme of exposing Tendulkar's flaws. Not sure how this makes your defense of the Hobbs and the Bradmans any credible. Tendulkar may have a dozen flaws, many would argue that he may not even be the greatest of his generation, but none of this justify celebrating all these oldies (who frankly, look like nincompoops in those videos) as the greatest ever. How does Lara or Tendulkar being a questionable no. 1 of their generation make them inferior to Bradman or Hobbs. I rate both of them higher than any of these oldies i have seen on videos. If Bradman's 50 tests in that era is the equivalent of a modern day 200 test career, then Toshack's 12 tests is probably equivalent to a modern day 50 test career, no ? It took 6 months to navigate continents by ship in those days, so sample size should take that factor into account. Remember Lohmann - he played 18 tests (some 30 years before Bradman) and averages about 10 i think with the ball. Going by peer domination theory, he should be the greatest ever bowler to have stepped on the cricketing field.