Deccan Chargers - Official Thread

maniac

Where are the Deccan fans? I know there is not much hope for DC this season but at least post something and keep the hope alive I am kind of tired of posting how much I hate the Mumbai Indians I want something positive to talk about .... come on DC fans .......... 2008 season!!!
there is a poster B555 he opnes all other match threads except for DC :phehehe:

DC is probably the least successful and least popular team in the league along with KX1 Punjab. Their management doesnt seem to care about the team in the first place. They let go Rohit Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Venugopal Rao, Suman, Rahul Sharma - all who did well in the past and didnt bid for any real good local talent either. The best Indian talent in the team is Shikhar Dhawan and Pappu Patel. :hehe: Among the foreign players, they got rid of Gilchrist who was very important for the team and got them to win the title in the second season. DC needs to understand that people cheer for the team because of the players not because they are the owners. I think they should sell the franchise and let someone else take over from next season. That may prove to be a change of luck for this team.

DC is probably the least successful and least popular team in the league along with KX1 Punjab. Their management doesnt seem to care about the team in the first place. They let go Rohit Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Venugopal Rao, Suman, Rahul Sharma - all who did well in the past and didnt bid for any real good local talent either. The best Indian talent in the team is Shikhar Dhawan and Pappu Patel. :hehe: Among the foreign players, they got rid of Gilchrist who was very important for the team and got them to win the title in the second season. DC needs to understand that people cheer for the team because of the players not because they are the owners. I think they should sell the franchise and let someone else take over from next season. That may prove to be a change of luck for this team.
Dude I agree with you and trust me I have a lot of anger towards the management but you should keep in mind they were the most successful at the first auction and they got Fidel Edwards and Kamer Roach at the subsequent Auctions....... Last year they really sucked and to be fair big ticket players like Christian didnt pan out very much.....but even despite that DC really did well in some departments last season for example they defended low scores well 129 vs KTK , 125 vs MI But it seems to me that the mistake is with the management and not with the players or fans....so I dont understand why people dont want to discuss about the team?

Lost another close match we should have won....Down but not out will be back Yes I can relate to how bangle fans feel now but one victory and I will be over the top and annoying like them:dance::pray:
What do you mean by down but not out? 6 feet under and still digging! :((

^ We will win Lol I remember back in 1996 reading Duleep Mendis's article in The Hindu every day before the worldcup and everyday he used to say...We will win with such authority....My blood used to boil at his arrogance because SL at that time were still semi-minnows and look what happened. I am going to do the same and hope that works :--D

I hope that this is a watershed season for the Deccan Chargers.. I hope they loose and as a result some changes take place in managment and coaching -Although they made an attempt to upgrade the team in the offseason, I think they hurt themselves more than they gained -Loss of KP was itself not bad at least they could have gotten something for him -Loss of P. Ojha is criminal and it really shows the extent of disregard of the management for the team - Lehman is the worst coach in the history of DC even Robin Singh was better during the 2008 season, Why was Cameron White played for 2 games when it was clear that he was hopelessly out of form and had no clue about how to captain the team while JP was on the bench...... same thing done last year my guess to give he fellow aussie a chance to get back into national team -Who the hell is DJ Harris and why was he played instead of JP? -Why was an International player who creamed Aussie bowling in a t20 match not played... more insultingly players like Bharat Chipli and DB Ravi Teja were played in his place

Anyone who says that DC won the championship in 2009 because of Lehman has got to be smoking something.... it was an awesome team! When it came to team selection between the management or Lehman I don't know who to blame? It has to say something when V. Mallya, someone with no experience in managing or coaching a team made a better show at the action last year.......... even for that matter DC should have let me manage the auction... I would do a better job and am willing to do it for free...... What the hell is the point of leaving 2mil$, a fouth, of the cap money unused? DC management are sell outs and I have decided on a ban on all products that they make profit from .... no going to matches, no buying team merchandise nothing

Deccan had the best team on papers during the 1st IPL... i guess lehman doesn give 2 hoots if they win or loose all he cares is himself and his aussie mates go laughing all the way to the bank
Yeah I agree, I mean come on who in their right mind would spend a million $ on an uncapped player (Christian) .... if you add his salary to the 2 million unused money from the auction we could have got Irfan Pathan and Youviraj Singh.... again why the hell did they leave 2 million dollars un used when they could have gotten at least a back up in his position, after all he played only 2 international matches at that point and did notihng of note in either of them.... Now its like we are stuck with a dead beat, noone wants a million dollar dead weight on their team so we can't trade him, Lehman is just playing him so that he gets time in the middle and can gain experience to get into the national side DC managment as bad as they are should know that they are being taken for a ride here....by a coach that knows nothing about team selection, gives more preference to Australian player that are not in form, My advice to DC managment get rid of Lehman, he is the cancer of the team and thats the reason why they can't win and wont win anything while he is there....

Maybe they left it unused because they didnt have the money to spend :dontknow:
using that 2 million could have ment the difference between a good team and a great team, also that 2 million is going to make a difference in profits for the team. If they spent that money on Yuvraj then there would be a lot more people turning up to matches and better sponsors.... noone comes Uppal stadium expecting to see Christian hit a few sixes or take any wickets....