Incredible Bihar

Khalpat

Bihar is incredible because it is Bihar. No other state of India, with possible exception of Uttar Pradesh, has the kind of history that Bihar does. This is not a comparative thing but a matter of pride. And yes itihaas se ghar ki roti nahin sikti, magar itihaas ke bina itihaas bhi nahi hota. Personally for me, Bihar is incredible for many reasons, one of which is pluralism. Allow me to take you for a ride here, not figuratively of course. First stop Parasnath. It is one of the holiest places for Jains, perhaps the holiest place. This is where 22 of 24 tirthankars spent their spiritual period. It is named after the 23rd Tirthankar and the temples atop the mountain is a sight to behold. Next lets move on to the triangle of Bodh Gaya, Nalanda and Rajgriha. Bodh Gaya is where Gautam became Buddha. The Bodhi tree still stands there and Buddhist countries from around the world have their temples built. This is again one of the holiest shrine for Buddhist aside from Sarnath. This is also the greatest picnic place for Gaya-wallahs. Nalanda and Rajgriha are great centers for Budhist education and intellactualism. Or so they were before they were burnt down by Muslim invaders. The ruins are still awesome, even if heartbreaking. If you move further North to Patna, you have the capital of Ashoka Patliputra. You can hire an auto and go to Kumhrar where you can still some of the ruins. Further south of Patna is Patna City, or as the Sikhs call it Patna Sahib. This is the birth place of Guru Gobind Singh ji and is one of the 5 Akal takhts of Sikhs. Some of my best years have been spent driving my cycle from Science College to Patna City and have delicious langar. If you travel to Gaya you have the only place on earth, as per Hindu mythology, where Lord Vishnu's footprint is there. The temple is named after this, Vishnu-pada and for Vaishnavs remains the place to go. If you are a Shiva-bhakt then dont look beyond Maa Mangla Gauri, this is part of one of those seedh-peeths when Parvati jumped in fire and Shiva picked her up and did Tandav (Kamroop Kamakhya, Maa Vaishno Devi are other such peeths). There is the Falgu river at the bank of which Lord Ram cremated Dashrath and this is supposedly the place for many Hindus to perform last rites for their ancestors. North of Patna is Maner which is famous of Muslim Sufi intellactualism, I dont know much about it except there are two lovely dargahs and their laddoos are delicious and out of the world. Further south of Gaya is Sasaram, the place where Sher Shah Suri ruled and beat Humayun. Also built the Grand Trunk Road which remained India's lifeline till recent Golden Quadrilateral project. The reason I mention up above mentioned places, and not many others, is because they are all within 100 miles of my home. Find me a place , within India or on earth, where you can see so much history and pluralism! Go ahead give it a try. Incredible Bihar indeed. :hatsoff:

Yes it does look like a 'talaab'. In fact, it is a Talaab. Lake Geneva in Switzerland. You were saying something about being pawned? :--D
Ok, here you go. A talaab is smaller piece of 'waterbody' and a lake is a bigger piece of 'waterbody'. Here, a talaab or a pond. 2lktzj5.jpg And Here comes a Lake. Hihahahha 23wqh53.jpg And, I have searched the diff between a pond and a lake just for you. Have a look at it. http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/pond-lake.html Yar, just imagine, if a person pointing towards a talaab and calling it a lake- 'kakaji, wo dekho lake'. Kaisa ajeeb sa lagega :haha:

Ok, here you go. A talaab is smaller piece of 'waterbody' and a lake is a bigger piece of 'waterbody'. Here, a talaab or a pond.
Lake ko Talaab bhi kehte hain. This is Jumma Talaab from Nagpur. 3674650774_0a07566fd9.jpg Is this a pond? Is this a small piece of water body?