Lara V Tendulkar

wtf? lara got whitewashed everywhere. home away. 5-0 aus. 3-0 next time. 3-0 england 3-0 or 4-0 again next time. whitewash against lankans and pakis.
both dravid and sachin lost 4-0 in Engalnd, but you know there is a slight difference in their performance :two_thumbs_up:
if some people feel lara> tendulkar' date= then its their opinion nd one must respect it, why trying to belittle lara just to prove how good tendulkar is nd why some people are forcing them to believe sachin > lara... for me both are legends, but i personally dont like them that much, so will u be gunning at me as well?
Who said I have a problem with that? I am just curious to know physiological/philosophical reasons behind why he could not play until 40, when he could have. :dontknow:

^ When Lara is batting it don't matter who his bowlers are, it's the batsmen that matter as they have to build partnerships. Tendu couldn't even stick with Dravid during Eng tour. He was haunted by flashbacks of 100th 100. Even Sree would have got 100 by now if he was batting higher up and had to get one.

^ When Lara is batting it don't matter who his bowlers are' date=' it's the batsmen that matter as they have to build partnerships. Tendu couldn't even stick with Dravid during Eng tour. He was haunted by flashbacks of 100th 100. Even Sree would have got 100 by now if he was batting higher up and had to get one.[/quote'] When Tendu is batting it don't matter who his batsmen are, it's the bowlers that matter as they have to take wickets. Sreesanth couldn't even take wkts during Eng tour. He was haunted by flashbacks of his slap. Even Dodda would have got 300 wkts by now if he had palyed as many matches as Sree.
so? tendulkar 1 of 1 person to score 100 hundreds in same life. No Lara.
I will not give him credit for 100th 100, it was way too selfish. And lets just assume another 20 or so must have been as selfish, or bordering on. So, after adjusting for selfishness, tell me how many people have scored 80 international 100s. Ab tou 20% discount de diya .
I will not give him credit for 100th 100, it was way too selfish. And lets just assume another 20 or so must have been as selfish, or bordering on. So, after adjusting for selfishness, tell me how many people have scored 80 international 100s. Ab tou 20% discount de diya .
its better to check matches per century ratio.. but still maintaining sachin level of consistency for 20 yrs is very diff
When Tendu is batting it don't matter who his batsmen are' date=' it's the bowlers that matter as they have to take wickets. Sreesanth couldn't even take wkts during Eng tour. He was haunted by flashbacks of his slap. [b']Even Dodda would have got 300 wkts by now if he had palyed as many matches as Sree.
are you serious ?? :cantstop::cantstop: if that has happened Dodda stats might be better than malcom marshall
Lara himself acknowledges SRT as the best batsman ever :giggle: Lara was burnt-out at the end of his career...SRT keeps going on and on
thats lame argument :giggle::giggle: if lara says sir jaddu is the best batsmen , will you agree :hysterical::hysterical:
He could have played till 50 plus. But he chose not too' date=' he wanted to move on. He didn't play very early for WI or would be ahead of SRT in terms of batting records.[/quote'] That's a coulda woulda shoulda argument. You can only measure what the actual performance was and not based on hypothetical numbers. As Sidhu used to say "if my aunt was a male she would be my uncle" Performing at a high level in intl cricket for 23 years is no joke. Tendulkar has hit 100 100s at intl level which comes out to an average of 4+ every year!!! That's something a batsman manages to get in a good year. That means any player who has to overtake him needs to have 20+ good to great years "omg: I don't see that happening.
That's a coulda woulda shoulda argument. You can only measure what the actual performance was and not based on hypothetical numbers. As Sidhu used to say "if my aunt was a male she would be my uncle" Performing at a high level in intl cricket for 23 years is no joke. Tendulkar has hit 100 100s at intl level which comes out to an average of 4+ every year!!! That's something a batsman manages to get in a good year. That means any player who has to overtake him needs to have 20+ good to great years "omg: I don't see that happening.
Good achievement no doubt but likes of Bradman, Gavaskar and Lara could have got that if played same length as Tendu in this era.
Good achievement no doubt but likes of Bradman' date=' Gavaskar and Lara could have got that if played same length as Tendu in this era.[/quote'] Now that would be a big if. The only player out of the ones you mentioned who could have done it is Bradman and even he would have had to be in form for quite a while to do so.