The Official Rajasthan Royals fans club.

Sir john

This season, I do believe RR has its best ever squad. It's perhaps the most balanced and talented RR team so far. However, they aren't acting like the traditional RR sides. Punching above their weights and strong pressure ability in clutch situations. Perhaps, the captain, Watson has a lot to do with that. He can't a natural nor inspiration leader. And in T20s, you really need a good or at least lucky captain.

This season, I do believe RR has its best ever squad. It's perhaps the most balanced and talented RR team so far. However, they aren't acting like the traditional RR sides. Punching above their weights and strong pressure ability in clutch situations. Perhaps, the captain, Watson has a lot to do with that. He can't a natural nor inspiration leader. And in T20s, you really need a good or at least lucky captain.
You are over thinking it They will start winning again it's just matter of one game

You are over thinking it They will start winning again it's just matter of one game
I hope I am wrong but they lost the 2 games which they should have won. The ability to handle the pressure mentally plays the most crucial role in T20s, much more so than Tests. And a inspiring captain will always add value to that. RR today don't have that captain. Their captain was their single biggest strength in the last 6 IPLs.

I hope I am wrong but they lost the 2 games which they should have won. The ability to handle the pressure mentally plays the most crucial role in T20s, much more so than Tests. And a inspiring captain will always add value to that. RR today don't have that captain. Their captain was their single biggest strength in the last 6 IPLs.
I can see where you are coming from but captaincy is not problem they will get better with tournament specially in India as their Indian players will play much better on Indian tracks

Good win by RR. Although, their batting needs some attention and tweaks. About Watson, the commentators are all wrong. He definitely shouldn't bat as a opener. Even last season, RR used to shield Watson away from the new ball by making him bat a bit lower. He has a weakness against that. And it's not surprising that, even for Australia, he now does not play as a opener.