Marrying older women

anotherhawkeye

To this day, I m slightly resentful towards my mother due to the fact that she was against me marrying my father's friend's drop dead stunning 1/2 bong 1/2 punju daughter only because of her being 2 years elder to me. I do not understand how this could be a deciding factor in an everlasting relationship and this archaic thought process is still prevalent amongst many conservative families

Doesn't mean that at all. A says that B is not possible. Doesn't (necessarily) mean that not B is possible for A. :P Refresh your syllogism basics
But if A says B is not possible, A is not necssarily denying the possiblity of not B. And if upon being specifically asked about the possibility of B, A denies the possibility of B, but when being specifically asked about the possibilty of not B, A does not directly deny that, in absense of anymore information, one has to assume that not B not just possible, but that not b is one of the likeliest possibilities since A took elaborate precautions not to deny it. Let me elaborate - OP asked you specifically if you will marry an older woman. You answered directly saying that you will not marry an older woman. However, when s=g asked you if you will marry a younger woman, you did not directly and specifically deny that. Rather when you said "doesn't mean that at all" you went back to further elaboarate your answer to the earlier question. Psychologists who study fibbing call that classical deflection - when the subject avoids directly answering a question and deflects the conversation to some related or unrelated subject hoping that the interrogator will forget or neglect to ask that question again. Typically, it has been observed that if classical deflection does not work and the interrogator does come back to the question, the subject resorts to fibbing. therefore, once classical deflection is observed, psychologists insist that the answer on the second attempt can not be trusted. Hence the best way of finding the truth is to deduce the truth on basis of the classical deflection itself. Hence, we will have to assume that you will marry younger women even if you come back and deny it categorically now.

To this day' date=' I m slightly resentful towards my mother due to the fact that she was against me marrying my father's friend's drop dead stunning 1/2 bong 1/2 punju daughter only because of her being 2 years elder to me. I do not understand how this could be a deciding factor in an everlasting relationship and this archaic thought process is still prevalent amongst many conservative families[/quote'] Wow.. A close relative of mine got married to an older woman (2 years) and they got divorced sometime later and some of the relatives blamed it on the fact that the woman was older which is lol worthy. It's not looked upon positively in Indian society but obviously it doesn't affect the success of the relationship

Wow.. A close relative of mine got married to an older woman (2 years) and they got divorced sometime later and some of the relatives blamed it on the fact that the woman was older which is lol worthy. It's not looked upon positively in Indian society but obviously it doesn't affect the success of the relationship
back in 90s before internet/cable came to India....I remembered how people especially women would talk sh1t about a divorced woman in the neighborhood. It was always the woman's fault according to the local gossipers. When the divorced woman would be spotted at a local market, shop...everyone would speak in hush tone as if she is a possessed devil creature! My late grandma(bless her soul) was highly intolerant. She would actually take shower every time she came within 2 ft of an untouchable. I never believed in this crap and actually touched feet of one of our elderly maid to seek blessing once after getting a good report card --- This incident almost gave my grandma heart attack. True story.

To this day' date=' I m slightly resentful towards my mother due to the fact that she was against me marrying my father's friend's drop dead stunning 1/2 bong 1/2 punju daughter only because of her being 2 years elder to me. I do not understand how this could be a deciding factor in an everlasting relationship and this archaic thought process is still prevalent amongst many conservative families[/quote'] Your mom did the right thing. Stop whining.

Your mom did the right thing. Stop whining.
No she didn't. Texy...if you liked her so much you should have taken a stand.Once the marriage happens, things cool down and eventually if your mother cares about your happiness,she would have accepted the situation.

No she didn't. Texy...if you liked her so much you should have taken a stand.Once the marriage happens, things cool down and eventually if your mother cares about your happiness,she would have accepted the situation.
I was being sarcastic :((

But if he liked her that much,he would have done it no?

Texy, next time follow your heart and take the plunge. And don't bother about anyone saying "hey I told you so". You make your own decisions after considering others' opinion. Your life, your actions, your responsibility.

To this day' date=' I m slightly resentful towards my mother due to the fact that she was against me marrying my father's friend's drop dead stunning 1/2 bong 1/2 punju daughter only because of her being 2 years elder to me. I do not understand how this could be a deciding factor in an everlasting relationship and this archaic thought process is still prevalent amongst many conservative families[/quote'] :WTF: Stop making up shyte man. Why would drop dead stunning lady marry you :dontknow:

:WTF: Stop making up shyte man. Why would drop dead stunning lady marry you :dontknow:
'coz eventually I will make more money than you :finger: jealous brah?
I grew up with her...knew her since childhood pretty much...I wasn't in love with her or anything but her personality was amazing and she used to make killer mango chutney :D ...overall perfect marriage material, would've loved to have her in my life...unfortunately at that time I didn't give that much of a thought but later on as I grew older...kept thinking should've taken a stand. She got married a year later and her family stopped communicating with us.

'coz eventually I will make more money than you :finger: jealous brah?
Yes :((. I just have to live with the fact that my **** is 2 inches bigger than you.
I grew up with her...knew her since childhood pretty much...I wasn't in love with her or anything but her personality was amazing and she used to make killer mango chutney :D ...overall perfect marriage material, would've loved to have her in my life...unfortunately at that time I didn't give that much of a thought but later on as I grew older...kept thinking should've taken a stand. She got married a year later and her family stopped communicating with us.
:yay:

Is it not true that generally guys are a bit less mature, so need a woman younger. A distant-ish girl cousin of mine who's a pretty high flying accountant got married to a teacher hubby about 3 or so years younger. She was actively on the look out for someone with a 9 to 5 job so he can cook clean, etc... ensure that ghar was in shape for her after her long days at work. He rings my mum for tips and recipies :cantstop: The fact that she is older is something she uses to her advantage, she is a bossy type anyway but hubby is fairly enslaved and to be fair I think he kinda likes it. Not sure whether that is relevant at all but interesting nonetheless

Whatever floats one's boat! A few years (~5) age difference makes no difference. If we Indians can survive "arranged" marriage, we can definitely get past something as trivial as age difference! :winky:

To this day' date=' I m slightly resentful towards my mother due to the fact that she was against me marrying my father's friend's drop dead stunning 1/2 bong 1/2 punju daughter only because of her being 2 years elder to me. I do not understand how this could be a deciding factor in an everlasting relationship and this archaic thought process is still prevalent amongst many conservative families[/quote'] Great escape for the girl! There is a god! :pray: I am converted!