The Lion's Den "The KINGS XI PUNJAB thread"

Sir john

Yay, victory is ours :yay: Brilliant fightback tonite especially in the last couple of overs in both the innings. Superb :kxip:

Not sure about kk11; i just like to spread our love around to our fans. I dont think i or any of the other mascots will be opening threads' date=' unless no one else can. I just get a very good vibe about you, as i did with kk11. I think it has to do with your sig.[/quote'] Aiight, I eye captain.. thread shall be made :two_thumbs_up:

Mumbai sold us injured player Also We desperately need a batsman...
:hysterical::hysterical: Lots of good international players available and still they pick nobodies. :facepalm:
Yeah... they need to look out for Indian batsmen..no point picking these foreign players when only 4 of them play inthe XI :dontknow:

Serious question, especially to those of you who reside in Chandigarh. Why in the world does your ground have so many moths (parwane). Haven't seen this phenomenon in any of the other grounds in any part of India. There's just millions of moths flying around the entire stadium, on the stands. Every time the camera zooms in on a player/ stands you see some 1000000 moths flying around. What gives? I'd never visit such a stadium. Ewwww

Serious question, especially to those of you who reside in Chandigarh. Why in the world does your ground have so many moths (parwane). Haven't seen this phenomenon in any of the other grounds in any part of India. There's just millions of moths flying around the entire stadium, on the stands. Every time the camera zooms in on a player/ stands you see some 1000000 moths flying around. What gives? I'd never visit such a stadium. Ewwww
Exactly. :winky:

We need more quicks until ryan harria gets here. Both jome stadiums we play on are quick.
True, but with the Indian batsmen not looking that strong, I think the 3 foreign spots will be filled by Gilly,Marsh, and Hussey., leaving just one free for an allrounder/bowler. Me thinks, they needed to invest in the domestic batsmen to get a better balance. Paras may be dropped to make way for Chitnis...He's not a bad option to try out.

Courtesy http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Azhar-Mahmood-draws-parallel-between-India-Pak/articleshow/12698409.cms

CHANDIGARH: At 37 and a few months, former Pakistan all-rounder Azhar Mahmood with his ripped warrior-like broad chest looks no different from any other Punjabi from India. But, when the player -- the only one from across the border to play in this IPL -- returned from Mohali's PCA stadium after his first practice session for Team Punjab on Monday, he couldn't help but dismiss the rift between Pakistan and India, saying "that having been brought up in Punjab in Pakistan and having seen Punjab in India, he still harbours a wishful thought of seeing the two countries as border-less nations". "My dada (grandpa) was born and brought up in Amritsar. Even when he moved to Multan's Jahaniamandi in Pakistan, his mind would race back to memories of his youthful days of that vast nation. So much that he would regale us like a raconteur with bedtime stories from this pre-Partition days - how they would make halwa and chapatis together. It's no different world," Mahmood gushed, while sharing his childhood memories with The Times of India. The swashbuckling cricketer, who took the world by storm when he scored three centuries against South Africa in late 90s, said that cricket was the best way to remove the obstruction of check posts at the border between the two nations. The cricketer said that when he got the opportunity to represent Team Punjab, he kept on drawing parallel between habits of the people from regions that share the same name in the two rival nations. Mahmood, now a British passport-holder, is making his debut in the IPL after Team Punjab bought him for $200,000. "My wife used to shop from Sector 17 in Chandigarh a lot. She phoned me last evening and kept talking about Indian sarees and suits we bought from this market. It's the same. The culture, the way we shop, pick and choose and of course bargain," Mahmood laughed. He said that he was glad he got an opportunity to speak in Punjabi to so many people that the hotel he was staying in. "Pindi (Rawalpindi) and Islamabad are like the similar twin cities as Mohali and Chandigarh," he gushed, adding, "In UK, I converse with my wife in Urdu and with rest of people, I have to talk in English. I am so delighted to be speaking in chaste Punjabi here". Box 'I've more pals in India than Pak' Former Pakistan cricket all-rounder Azhar Mahmood said he now has more friends in India than in Pakistan. "I have really have found good friends with Zaheer, Ashish Nehra and Harbhajan Singh. In fact, Nehra even helped me sort the recent visa trouble I faced." Mahmood's visa had earlier allowed one entry point - New Delhi - into the country and destination as Chandigarh. However, the issue was resolved on Sunday, allowing him to travel with his team at all the places they play the country.
Welcome addition to the team.....

Former Pakistan cricket all-rounder Azhar Mahmood said he now has more friends in India than in Pakistan. "I have really have found good friends with Zaheer, Ashish Nehra and Harbhajan Singh. In fact, Nehra even helped me sort the recent visa trouble I faced
Somewhere across the border , people who crying the inclusion of Azhar, wont approve this :winky: :hatsoff: Nehra