India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Right. F**k this. I'll bite. First of all, Cook vs Gambhir: Gambhir has averaged 35.14 in the subcontinent in the past two years. He has scored 0 centuries. All of these have been in India by the way, where he is supposed to be "dominant" in. Cook has averaged 49.60 in the subcontinent. He has 4 centuries to his name in the sub-continent. Of course this has been inflated by his ridiculous average vs Bangladesh. But he has averaged 49 vs India and 46 vs Sri Lanka. So thats Cook > Gambhir I'm not going to do a comparison of Sehwag vs Root/Compton because frankly neither of them have played a game for England before and nobody knows how good they are in these sort of conditions. Oh and keep in mind Sehwag hasn't done anything of late, in both the SC and away games for the past two years. He got rolled over by New Zealand. England's attack are about 8 times better. Trott vs Pujara Jonathan Trott is the 2nd best No.3 in the world in test cricket, behind only Hashim Amla. Pujara is a cricket nobody who is a current stop gap for India so the likes of Kohli can get ready to play in that position. Pujara averaged 40 in test cricket and every single one of his games has been played in the SC, or India more specifically, his home. Funnily enough, he's been bowled out by the likes of Southee which is quite depressing. Trott's average in the SC isn't that impressive, only 42 actually. But he somehow failed against Bangladesh (in a series which didn't even matter given everyone else racked up the hundreds) which skewered his average down. If he can average 48.63 in Sri Lanka on rank turners then i think he'll do just as fine in India. Anyone who suggests that Pujara > Trott in any conditions anywhere in the world is either trolling or a retard who shouldn't be given internet access. Tendulkar vs KP If we're talking overall career's, Tendulkar is better than KP. Right now? KP >>>> Tendulkar. In fact, here's the stats to prove it. Over the past 2 years Tendulkar averages 42.34. To further denote that, he has averaged 35.56 in India, whre apparently he is better than KP. For the past two years KP has averaged 50.26... at a strike rate of almost 80. Work that out for yourself. In the SC KP averages 75.53.... Whacked The Sri lankan spinners off the park on a rank turner. KP > Tendulkar. Kohli vs Bell. Kohli has played 14 test matches. 10 of which were at home against Pop gun attacks and the other 4 he got annihalated in. Too early to judge on him. Bell is an excellent player against orthodox spin. In two years time Kohli > Bell definetely but right now in test cricket? Nope. Can't call it right now. Yuvraj vs Morgan Can't call this one. Two world class ODI players who can't and shouldn't be playing test cricket. Prior vs Dhoni Matt Prior is the best wicketkeeper batsman in the world. Dhoni lacks the technique for Test cricket. That is about the best summary you're going to get. But just to indulge you, I'll dig out statistics. Matt Prior averages 44 in India...which is only 1 run less than Dhoni who has played on those pitches his entire life! P.S This was also when Matt Prior wasn't as good as he is now. Prior >>>>>> [daylight] >>>>> Dhoni Anderson vs Zaheer... Is Zaheer Khan still alive? But I'll indulge you anyway. In the past two years, Anderson has averaged 24.66. Khan has averaged 29.70. In their careers Khan averaged 35.50 in India (lol). Anderson averaged 29.31 in India. So This proves that Anderson > Khan. Stuart Broad > Umesh Yadav. Atleast you flippin admit that one. Why the hell is Panesar being discussed. We're going to play Steven Finn and he's the best bowler on both the sides. But for jokes sakes, we'll compare him to Ishant Sharma. Yes, are you happy? There's nothing to be compared other than height. Ashwin and Swann is an interesting one. They're equal and for my explanation read earlier in the thread. Really can't be arsed typing it out for a retard like you.
4nd3K.gif too long... Anyways all English are chit in SC. 4-0. Wanna have an AVI bet? I pick your Avatar if 4-0 otherwise other way round.
Right. F**k this. I'll bite. First of all, Cook vs Gambhir: Gambhir has averaged 35.14 in the subcontinent in the past two years. He has scored 0 centuries. All of these have been in India by the way, where he is supposed to be "dominant" in. Cook has averaged 49.60 in the subcontinent. He has 4 centuries to his name in the sub-continent. Of course this has been inflated by his ridiculous average vs Bangladesh. But he has averaged 49 vs India and 46 vs Sri Lanka. So thats Cook > Gambhir I'm not going to do a comparison of Sehwag vs Root/Compton because frankly neither of them have played a game for England before and nobody knows how good they are in these sort of conditions. Oh and keep in mind Sehwag hasn't done anything of late, in both the SC and away games for the past two years. He got rolled over by New Zealand. England's attack are about 8 times better. Trott vs Pujara Jonathan Trott is the 2nd best No.3 in the world in test cricket, behind only Hashim Amla. Pujara is a cricket nobody who is a current stop gap for India so the likes of Kohli can get ready to play in that position. Pujara averaged 40 in test cricket and every single one of his games has been played in the SC, or India more specifically, his home. Funnily enough, he's been bowled out by the likes of Southee which is quite depressing. Trott's average in the SC isn't that impressive, only 42 actually. But he somehow failed against Bangladesh (in a series which didn't even matter given everyone else racked up the hundreds) which skewered his average down. If he can average 48.63 in Sri Lanka on rank turners then i think he'll do just as fine in India. Anyone who suggests that Pujara > Trott in any conditions anywhere in the world is either trolling or a retard who shouldn't be given internet access. Tendulkar vs KP If we're talking overall career's, Tendulkar is better than KP. Right now? KP >>>> Tendulkar. In fact, here's the stats to prove it. Over the past 2 years Tendulkar averages 42.34. To further denote that, he has averaged 35.56 in India, whre apparently he is better than KP. For the past two years KP has averaged 50.26... at a strike rate of almost 80. Work that out for yourself. In the SC KP averages 75.53.... Whacked The Sri lankan spinners off the park on a rank turner. KP > Tendulkar. Kohli vs Bell. Kohli has played 14 test matches. 10 of which were at home against Pop gun attacks and the other 4 he got annihalated in. Too early to judge on him. Bell is an excellent player against orthodox spin. In two years time Kohli > Bell definetely but right now in test cricket? Nope. Can't call it right now. Yuvraj vs Morgan Can't call this one. Two world class ODI players who can't and shouldn't be playing test cricket. Prior vs Dhoni Matt Prior is the best wicketkeeper batsman in the world. Dhoni lacks the technique for Test cricket. That is about the best summary you're going to get. But just to indulge you, I'll dig out statistics. Matt Prior averages 44 in India...which is only 1 run less than Dhoni who has played on those pitches his entire life! P.S This was also when Matt Prior wasn't as good as he is now. Prior >>>>>> [daylight] >>>>> Dhoni Anderson vs Zaheer... Is Zaheer Khan still alive? But I'll indulge you anyway. In the past two years, Anderson has averaged 24.66. Khan has averaged 29.70. In their careers Khan averaged 35.50 in India (lol). Anderson averaged 29.31 in India. So This proves that Anderson > Khan. Stuart Broad > Umesh Yadav. Atleast you flippin admit that one. Why the hell is Panesar being discussed. We're going to play Steven Finn and he's the best bowler on both the sides. But for jokes sakes, we'll compare him to Ishant Sharma. Yes, are you happy? There's nothing to be compared other than height. Ashwin and Swann is an interesting one. They're equal and for my explanation read earlier in the thread. Really can't be arsed typing it out for a retard like you.
K.p averages 58 in sc and that too due to his bangladesh exploits.Including UAE his average drops to 41.Anyways England will be whitewashed in india.
K.p averages 58 in sc and that too due to his bangladesh exploits.Including UAE his average drops to 41.Anyways England will be whitewashed in india.
Was referring to SC performances in the past two years. Anything beyond that isn't much of an indicator due to form/ageing etc.
Anyways all English are chit in SC. 4-0. Wanna have an AVI bet? I pick your Avatar if 4-0 otherwise other way round.
Let's up the ante. Your betting England will lose 4-0. Im betting they won't. How about we bet with real money? Let's say 500GBP? If you're up post your paypal account details here and I'll post mine.
Let's up the ante. Your betting England will lose 4-0. Im betting they won't. How about we bet with real money? Let's say 500GBP? If you're up post your paypal account details here and I'll post mine.
lol I'd bet my house on it. Like I did for Pakistan 3-0. That was hilarious, especially the 72 all out where an ordinary left arm spinners who India would whip was made to look like a world beater. :haha: And plus Pakistan unlike India had a B grade batting lineup, not International class (much like Jimmy) England can't play spin on slow tracks, Indian batsmen are masters of it. So definitely 4-0. /thread
lol I'd bet my house on it. Like I did for Pakistan 3-0. That was hilarious, especially the 72 all out where an ordinary left arm spinners who India would whip was made to look like a world beater. And plus Pakistan unlike India had a B grade batting lineup, not International class (much like Jimmy) England can't play spin on slow tracks, Indian batsmen are masters of it. So definitely 4-0.
You probably don't own a house. You predicted 3-0? So did I, actually. And i got ridiculed for it here. Look back on the thread I started predicted the whitewash of England. Yep, Pakistan had a non international class batting lineup. Atleast they have a international bowling attack no? India don't have a club level batting lineup or a bowling attack from what we saw in England. 8-0. Come back when your team can play cricket.
Agree most of it but what did England do when they were here last year for the ODIs?
Yeah but Bopara, Patel, Bairstow, Kieswetter are either crap or not ready. Bell, KP, Prior are much better. Also ODI's are a different ball game to tests. See the UAE results for that. In ODI's England's players have to attack the spinners. Cook, Trott and and Bell will happily chug along at 2-3 runs an over blocking out most balls and whacking off the bad ones. Cant say the same for KP though.
You probably don't own a house. You predicted 3-0? So did I, actually. And i got ridiculed for it here. Look back on the thread I started predicted the whitewash of England. Yep, Pakistan had a non international class batting lineup. Atleast they have a international bowling attack no? India don't have a club level batting lineup or a bowling attack from what we saw in England. 8-0. Come back when your team can play cricket.
Good of u to admit that ur team doesnt have a good batting lineup.Now kindly explain how the world class England bowling lineup allowed them to get scores of above 300 As for the great England batting,remember what the chubby faced Chawla and a darting Bhajji did to them in the recent WC.So scarred were ingerlund that they went begging on their knees to Kp.
Yeah but Bopara, Patel, Bairstow, Kieswetter are either crap or not ready. Bell, KP, Prior are much better. Also ODI's are a different ball game to tests. See the UAE results for that. In ODI's England's players have to attack the spinners. Cook, Trott and and Bell will happily chug along at 2-3 runs an over blocking out most balls and whacking off the bad ones. Cant say the same for KP though.
KP and Cook might be an exception. Bell was dropped from the side in India and in UAE they won the ODI series which they were expected to lose. I don't see a whitewash against them but we will easily win the series.
Good of u to admit that ur team doesnt have a good batting lineup.Now kindly explain how the world class England bowling lineup allowed them to get scores of above 300 As for the great England batting,remember what the chubby faced Chawla and a darting Bhajji did to them in the recent WC.So scarred were ingerlund that they went begging on their knees to Kp.
From now on I'll only respond to non-troll/non-stupid/non-retarded/non-bait posts. Should have done this long ago.

BCCI revises schedule for England ODIs http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-news/bcci-revises-schedule-england-odis/31192

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has switched the venues for the last two One-Day internationals against England in early 2013 due to the winter chill that envelopes North India in January. The fourth ODI of the five-match series will now be played in Mohali on January 23 and the fifth in Dharamshala on January 27. Earlier, Dharamshala was due to host the fourth game and Mohali the fifth. The start time of the Mohali ODI has been revised to 12 noon, instead of 2:30 pm, and the Dharamshala ODI has been revised to a day game that will start at 9:00am. "These revisions have been made taking into account the cold evening temperatures that will prevail in Mohali and Dharamshala in late January," said the BCCI in a statement. The first leg of England tour’s from October 29 to December 22 comprises three practice matches, four Tests and two Twenty20 Internationals. The team will then fly home for Christmas before returning on January 3 for the ODIs that start on January 11. England’s revised ODI tour schedule: Jan 3 : Arrival in Delhi Jan 6 : Tour match, Delhi Jan 8 : Tour match, Delhi Jan 11 : First ODI, Rajkot (D/N) Jan 15 : Second ODI, Kochi (D/N) Jan 19 : Third ODI, Ranchi (D/N) Jan 23 : Fourth ODI, Mohali (D/N) Jan 27 : Fifth ODI, Dharamshala (day)

Sky and BCCI in pre-series dispute

Sky TV may not send its team of commentators to cover England's tour of India, which begins in November, unless a dispute with the BCCI over access for their commentary team to the Test venues is resolved. Sky hold the UK rights for the series, but the Sunday Times in London reported the broadcaster had received an unexpected demand from the Indian board for additional fees totalling more than £500,000 ($800,000) for their commentary team to have facilities at the grounds. ESPNcricinfo understands the figure being quoted to Sky is the BCCI's estimate of 'realistic costs' related to Sky's wish to have independent and unilateral coverage of the India-England series. The cost includes, among other things, studio space and a commentary box for Sky's own panel of commentators, a TV control room, audio and video feed, a scoring monitor, as well as satellite uplinking from the venues for 30 days of cricket. Sky's interpretation is that securing of TV rights should automatically assume such provisions as part of the deal. Sky warned their bank of commentators, including former England captains Michael Atherton, Nasser Hussain and Ian Botham, that they regard the BCCI's demands as brinkmanship, and that they may not travel unless a solution can be found. If the dispute is not settled, Sky would be forced to accept commentary from the host broadcaster or set up a studio outside the grounds. Problems for UK broadcasters have been a common feature of England games in India. During a one-day series last year, televison audiences in India and England were deprived of the first three overs of a match in Hyderabad because of a dispute between the host broadcaster of the time, Neo Sports, and Prasar Bharati, the government agency responsible for uplinking live telecasts out of India. There was also an issue about Sky TV's own commentators awaiting what one Sky commentator told ESPNcricinfo were "government clearances", before being able to broadcast live out of India. As a result, the Sky TV producers made use of the Neo Cricket commentary team, which included Matthew Hoggard and Dermot Reeve. There were also problems for Sky before England's 2006 tour of India, when they agreed terms with Nimbus, who had just bought the rights to India's home matches, only a few days before the series began. The Indian board has since terminated its deal with Nimbus because of alleged payment defaults and announced a more lucrative deal with Star TV.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2012/content/current/story/587518.html