India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Its not the turn that bothers England' date=' its more the low bounce and lack of pace in subcontinent conditions, we struggle to rotate the strike and then the horrible sweep comes out[/quote'] Are you mixing up spin bowling with pace bowling. Spinners are generally more successful on pitches with more bounce. How much bounce would you want in case of spinners anyway? Chest height? Head height? I doubt that ball really goes along ground in case of spinners in subcontinent. Bounce is generally decent for them.
Its not the turn that bothers England' date= its more the low bounce and lack of pace in subcontinent conditions, we struggle to rotate the strike and then the horrible sweep comes out
Lack of bounce is one fine example but extra bounce on a turner is a huge bonus for spinners. One recent example of those guys struggling against turn is the 5th ODI in Eden last year against us.
Lack of bounce is one fine example but extra bounce on a turner is a huge bonus for spinners. One recent example of those guys struggling against turn is the 5th ODI in Eden last year against us.
Both Kumble and Bhajji have relied more on bounce than turn to take wickets in India. Even Ashwin and Ojha aren't big turners of the ball. It's easy to handle turn against spinners, but bounce creates lot of trouble especially with 3-4 close-in fielders.

Yuvraj v Raina for No. 6 spot

120155.jpg

A warm-up game ahead of a Test series is usually important only for the visiting side. However, when the visiting side - England in this case - is up against a team filled with Test hopefuls like India A, as will be the case at the Cricket Club of India's Brabourne Stadium from Tuesday, there will be as much at stake for the hosts as the visitors. With India's Test team in a rebuilding phase and at least half-a-dozen fringe batsmen to feature in the three-day game, all of them will be gunning to impress the newly-appointed national selection panel ahead of the first England Test, which starts on November 15. Both have long been a key part of India's limited-overs sides and have been vying for the No. 6 slot in the Test batting line-up. While Raina, who returned to the eleven during the two-Test series against New Zealand in August-September, will be looking to seal his spot for the England series with a big knock over the next three days, Yuvraj, who marked his return to first-class with a double century in the Duleep Trophy two weeks ago, will be desperate to complete his comeback bid from cancer by returning to the Test team. Raina, who will be leading the India A side, talked about his battle within the battles against his senior team-mate. "He (Yuvraj) is my role model. I would love to see him back in whites," Raina said on Monday on the sidelines of India A's gruelling practice session. "I want that (No. 6) spot too. But I'd rather not dwell on who the spot will go to. I just look to enjoy the players' company. Yuvraj has just come back from a big disease and he's also been slogging it out. It's up to the selectors who they want to pick. "He's a big role model for me and others, but I want to play these four Tests against England. I was there in England and I feel the pain of losing that series 0-4. I want to give some of that pain back." While Yuvraj preferred to remain silent, Raina was forthcoming on what's gone wrong with his Test batting of late. "It's just the mental aspect. I've given all that I have had to Test cricket," he said. "A lot of people say and write a lot of things, but I know where I stand as far as Test cricket is concerned. "Batting at No. 6 is not that easy. Very often you get stuck with the tail and have to bat around them. I scored fifties in the West Indies and England and I even batted well against Australia in 2010. I've played 16 or 17 Tests, but as I play more games, I will understand my game better. I've already played 150 ODIs for India and have played several years of IPL. I know what the coach and selectors expect from me and what they need me to do at No 6. I love to play my natural game and I love to hit the ball."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2012/content/current/story/588665.html
Its not the turn that bothers England' date=' its more the low bounce and lack of pace in subcontinent conditions, we struggle to rotate the strike and then the horrible sweep comes out[/quote'] In other words England is chit and have no skill against spin. 4-0. Probably Aus edges out SA and then we get 4-0 over Aus and back to the deserved No.1 spot. :dance: Then the Kohli/Mandeep generation should dominate for about 15 years.
In other words England is chit and have no skill against spin. 4-0. Probably Aus edges out SA and then we get 4-0 over Aus and back to the deserved No.1 spot. :dance: Then the Kohli/Mandeep generation should dominate for about 15 years.
You may win this series but India will not get back to number one for many years imo on any pitch that assists the seemers you will lose.
You may win this series but India will not get back to number one for many years imo on any pitch that assists the seemers you will lose.
Nah cmon bro we all know that was just a one off. That was the oldies generation. They're reflexes slowed and Zaheer was too old, Ishant too young. The Kohli generation should easily win in England. Everyone knows English batsmen have no skill, they're just textbook players but no flair, nothing. Indian batsmen are far superior skill wise and upcoming players like Mandeep Singh and some U-19 kid play on foreign pitches pretty well. So definitely 4-0 to India next time they tour. Umesh and Ishant will probably match the English bowlers as they will have more experience. :nice:
They want a lefty at 6' date='do we have anyone else?[/quote'] What no lol. No lefty requirement. Yuvi has to play anyway. There's this lefty kid the selectors seem to like, no one's heard of him. Edged his way to 160 in NZ, I was watching the innings, had like 3 top edges over the keeper in 2 overs. Chit player. Gauti, Yuvi are quality lefties. They don't waste time in small games, they only perform when it is important like the World Cup where Gambhir won the final. Yuvi player of the tournament while Righties choked as usual. They just go to show that even though lefties are the minority they still are the most quality batsmen. Barring a few of course like Raina and that 20 year old kid.