Mumbai Indians official thread for IPL 2012

DomainK

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2011/engine/current/match/521348.html this was a more recent sample, with a second string MI :two_thumbs_up:
That is not IPL :cantstop: In a crucial match RCB just pounded MI into oblivion. RCB on paper is far superior to MI infact superior to many sides. Just that they have one sh***y captain or the other.

That is not IPL :cantstop: In a crucial match RCB just pounded MI into oblivion. RCB on paper is far superior to MI infact superior to many sides. Just that they have one sh***y captain or the other.
:hysterical::hysterical:

they have crap bowling so they are not better than most. You need a balanced unit, not one side heavy. Even the best batting cannot chase 180 every match, which they are conceding in most matches, if opposition teams like MI have good bowling attack with Malinga.

well in IPL T20, any side can win on any given day. RCB batting is slightly superior to MI batting ( only beacuse the team management are not getting their perfect 11 ). overall RCB batting > MI batting MI bowling >> RCB bowling.

Drop Jhandu balm and play youngsters like Shukla or Nechim.
Not going to happen.. Because of overhyped dickheads like Pollock and Robin Singh..Most of the time they don't have a clue.. I don't know if Sachin in control or not. In any case he's shown soft corner for selected trouble makers like Bhajji, Munna etc... Young bowlwers like Nechim and Shukla etc are getting wasted in MI team. Should've been better off in some other team..

Not going to happen.. Because of overhyped dickheads like Pollock and Robin Singh..Most of the time they don't have a clue.. I don't know if Sachin in control or not. In any case he's shown soft corner for selected trouble makers like Bhajji, Munna etc... Young bowlwers like Nechim and Shukla etc are getting wasted in MI team. Should've been better off in some other team..
:rcb: wants these bowlers but problem is loan money :((

Don't copy my action, advises Malinga
Mumbai Lasith Malinga is a unique cricketer in many ways. It is not just his slinging action that is a standout feature; he's probably the only cricketer in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) who has hardly attended more than a couple of practice sessions and still stands out as the joint highest wicket-taker of the tournament with 20 scalps in eight matches, equal to Delhi Daredevils' Morne Morkel. The exciting Sri Lankan believes in being match-fit and prefers to rest well in between games. Malinga spared some time on the eve of Mumbai Indians' clash with Royal Challengers Bangalore to talk to MiD DAY on a host of things. Continue reading below Excerpts from the interview: How would you describe your five years in the IPL? It has been good. The crowds keep cheering; so many people come for the matches. I have learnt how to handle the pressure now. You are the most popular bowler in Mumbai... People cheer performers. If I don't play well tomorrow, they will not cheer for me. That is how cricket is. If someone else starts performing well, they will cheer him. You invariably end up being the best bowler in every IPL. How do you maintain your consistency? I don't think I am the best bowler. I like to play with some pressure... either in the beginning, in the first Powerplay or in the end with a few overs left. Every time I bowl with pressure. All I think about is taking wickets. How tough is it to consistently bowl those yorkers? It is tough. If you want to be a journalist, you have to be a trainee and learn things. Same is with bowling. If you want to bowl yorkers and short deliveries, you have to train hard. Can you tell us a bit about your training sessions? I am 28 now and looking to play for another two or three years. I cannot run much or train hard now after the knee injury, but I try to maintain my skills and fitness levels. I don't go much to the gym. Whenever I am fit, I directly play a match. It is very important for bowlers to maintain bowling fitness. I have that and know how to manage it. I trained very hard when I was 20-21 and did a lot of running. You are again in the reckoning for the Purple Cap... I never set any such targets. I only look to take as many wickets as I can. That is my mindset. What would you tell the youngsters trying to copy your action? Don't do that! Nobody should imitate anyone. Every individual is unique and has his own style. One must develop it. Only then will you be effective. You can copy me, but there's no point. You have to be accurate. I have come up my own way. It's [slinging] my natural action. I never developed it. Does the 2011 World Cup final loss still haunt you whenever you enter the Wankhede Stadium? I got Sachin [Tendulkar] and [Virender] Sehwag's wicket in the final. I enjoy playing here. Before the [2011] World Cup final, I played in the IPL and got a lot of support here. I'm happy. It is quite similar for me... playing in India or Sri Lanka. Tell us about your hairstyle... I just apply colour to my hair. If anyone else would have done it, people would have made fun of them. Just because I am a cricketer, it becomes stylish.

:mi: will not even qualify.. If they manage to qualify, it'll be a shame given the fact that not a single fecking MI batsman is in the top 10 of IPL5 highest scoring batsmen.. You've an old pretender who selects his openeing partner who doesn't scores faster then him so that the fecker can keep making fool of that chewtiya Mumbai public and his fans.. :headshake:

:mi: will not even qualify.. If they manage to qualify, it'll be a shame given the fact that not a single fecking MI batsman is in the to 10 of IPL5 highest scoring batsmen.. You've an old pretender who selects his openeing partner who doesn't scores faster then him so that the fecker can keep making fool of that chewtiya Mumbai public and his fans.. :headshake:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:mi: will not even qualify.. If they manage to qualify, it'll be a shame given the fact that not a single fecking MI batsman is in the top 10 of IPL5 highest scoring batsmen.. You've an old pretender who selects his openeing partner who doesn't scores faster then him so that the fecker can keep making fool of that chewtiya Mumbai public and his fans.. :headshake:
:two_thumbs_up:

:((:two_thumbs_up:

^^ still above RCB on points table:grin:
As i said.. they had such a weirdo Vettori as a captain who singlehandedly screwed his team with most bizzarre bowling changes. Now he is not there anymore. Kohli is not better either. But he did okay in this match.