Mumbai Indians official thread for IPL 2012

DomainK

Holybaba' date=' I met Rayudu's wife and some relatives when I went for the game against PW. Nice people. I've become a fan of his ever since, [b']even though his name sounds distinctly vulgar. I was in the grand stand too. Are you going for the game today? Ok, about our batting, let me rephrase. It isn't weak, but our openers (minus Sachin) have a poor strike rate. They have to be faster. I can't see us chasing a 170+ score. Right now our excellent bowling and fielding is masking our current batting deficiencies. If one day our bowling fails to click, and we have to chase a huge total, we'll be trouble.
Thats not good :(( sabi telugu naam aise hii hain .. not all telugu names r vulgar :((

Will Royals extend their run away from home? The Preview by Abhishek Purohit April 10, 2012 Comments: 46 | Text size: A | A Match facts Wednesday, April 11, Mumbai Start time 2000 (1430 GMT) Ajinkya Rahane will be up against his former franchise at his home ground Ž© AFP Enlarge Related Links Series/Tournaments: Indian Premier League Teams: India | Mumbai Indians | Rajasthan Royals Big Picture IPL 2012 has produced largely one-sided games in its first week, with Mumbai Indians and Deccan Chargers contriving to produce a close finish on Monday in Visakhapatnam. When as many as 18 runs are needed off the final over, though, the fielding side usually ends up victorious, but the pressure got to the bowler Daniel Christian instead of the batsman Rohit Sharma. Rohit's last-ball six masked the fact that Mumbai Indians almost messed up a modest chase of 139 after failing to chase 130 earlier against Pune Warriors India. Sachin Tendulkar's absence is clearly being felt at the top of the order. Mumbai Indians have tried Ambati Rayudu and T Suman to partner Richard Levi upfront but both combinations haven't clicked. Their strong bowling attack, though, has delivered in all three games so far. It will be interesting to see what kind of surface greets Rajasthan Royals tomorrow. If the Wankhede pitch assists spin as much as it did during the game against Warriors, Royals' attack consisting of medium-pacers and spinners will be difficult to get away. Royals have won both their games comfortably so far. Their captain Rahul Dravid has been at pains to point out that though the victories have come at home in Jaipur, they haven't been achieved on the slow and low surfaces that became synonymous with the city during the first four seasons of the IPL. How will Royals fare in their first away match of the season? Players to watch The last time Royals played against Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium, Ajinkya Rahane did not get to bat in a ten-wicket win for his side. An orthodox batsman, he missed out on a Twenty20 century by two runs against Kings XI Punjab and was run out for a duck against Kolkata Knight Riders. He will be up against his former franchise tomorrow at his home ground. Harbhajan Singh may have led Mumbai Indians to the Champions League Twenty20 title, but his ugly argument with umpire Johan Cloete during the game against Chargers was unbecoming of a captain. Instead of trying to control the outbursts of the bowler Munaf Patel, Harbhajan went a step ahead and had a prolonged argument with Cloete, almost forcing the official to refer the appeal against Kumar Sangakkara to the third umpire. Harbhajan got away with just a warning and a reprimand but his behaviour should be under scrutiny tomorrow. 2011 head-to-head Royals beat Mumbai Indians in both meetings last season, bettering their seven-wicket win at home with a ten-wicket thrashing away. Stats and trivia Not only is Lasith Malinga the leading wicket-taker in the IPL, he also has the third-best economy-rate, 6.28 Royals have a win-loss ratio of 2.83 at home, by far the best for IPL teams. Quotes "It's obviously been quite hectic, going up and down and playing our fourth game in eight days. But the guys are being taken care of by the support staff." Richard Levi is getting used to the travel schedules of the IPL "Rahul is a bit calmer than Warnie, [who] is a bit more out there and tries probably a lot more things on the field. But I think Rahul is good for young players. He is nice and calm on the field and that rubs off on all the other guys."

Holybaba, I met Rayudu's wife and some relatives when I went for the game against PW. Nice people. I've become a fan of his ever since, even though his name sounds distinctly vulgar. I was in the grand stand too. Are you going for the game today?
Idiot, why didnt you hola at me? I would've been pretty easy to spot! Not going for the game today. Going to watch it at a bar in pheonix. My last game before I leave. :((

Idiot, why didnt you hola at me? I would've been pretty easy to spot! Not going for the game today. Going to watch it at a bar in pheonix. My last game before I leave. :((
:(( I didn't log on ICF till after the game when I got back home late that night. That is when I saw your thread. I doubt we'd have been in the same section. You paid Rs 12,500 for 1 ticket. That is what I paid for 2 tickets. So even though the stand was the same, it would have been a different section/level. All the best to you. May MI win this one in your honour. :icflove: Not gone for the game today either. Tendulkar also isn't playing.Today is reserved for trolling the match thread. Will go for the games against RCB, DD and CSK for sure.

Mumbai Indians are strong, but will results follow? Tariq Engineer

April 1, 2012 Big picture Richard Levi, the South Africa opener, is the newest hard-hitter in Mumbai Indians' squad ŽÂ© Chennai Super Kings may be two-time defending champions but Mumbai Indians look like the team to beat in IPL 2012. It took a Chris Gayle special to keep them out of the final last season and the franchise has since added to its already formidable squad through astute transfers and auction buys. One of Mumbai's biggest weaknesses lay behind the stumps, so they acquired Dinesh Karthik, one of India's better keepers and an aggressive batsman. They strengthened their bowling with the additions of RP Singh and Pragyan Ojha, two of the top four highest wicket-takers in the IPL; and when Andrew Symonds abruptly retired, they seized the opportunity to sign the record-breaking South Africa opener, Richard Levi, to partner Sachin Tendulkar at the top of the order, thereby solving another of their problems. The team will also be brimming with confidence after winning the 2011 Champions League T20 despite missing Sachin Tendulkar and Davy Jacobs, their first choice opening pair. Under the gritty captaincy of Harbhajan Singh - who will lead the team here as well, after Tendulkar passed on the reins* - Mumbai pulled off one unlikely win after another before toppling Royal Challengers in the final. With such an abundance of talent, the biggest challenge for Mumbai will likely be deciding whom to leave on the bench. Kieron Pollard and Lasith Malinga, the Champions League Man-of-the-Tournament, are automatic selections. If Levi opens alongside Tendulkar, that leaves just one more spot for a foreign player from among the likes of Clint McKay, Herschelle Gibbs, Mitchell Johnson, James Franklin and Thisara Perera. As problems go, it's one every franchise would wish they had. A perennial favourite, Mumbai failed to win the IPL in the first four years, coming closest in 2010, when they lost the final to Super Kings. This season could well be the year they end their drought. Key players Sachin Tendulkar was Mumbai's leading run-maker by a considerable distance in 2011 and the third highest in the league overall. With the chase for his 100th hundred over, sans the responsibility of captaincy and with Richard Levi at the other end potentially providing the fireworks, Tendulkar can concentrate on building his innings and providing the platform from which the team's big hitters can let loose. The top two wicket-takers last season were Mumbai fast bowlers Lasith Malinga and Munaf Patel. The pair not only took a combined 50 wickets, but they were hard to score off, boasting economy rates of 5.95 for Malinga and 6.58 for Munaf. If they can repeat those kinds of performances, Mumbai will be very hard to beat. Big names in Richard Levi: Mumbai have struggled to find an opening partner for Tendulkar in the IPL, with a number of contenders being rotated in and out of the side over the past four years. Two months ago, Levi bludgeoned his way into the record books for South Africa against New Zealand in Hamilton with the fastest century in Twenty20 cricket. On the batting-friendly pitches of the subcontinent, his pyrotechnics could be the final piece in Mumbai's quest for the title. Big names out Andrew Symonds: The former Australia allrounder announced his retirement from professional cricket earlier this year. Mumbai are unlikely to miss him much, though, given the quality of the players they have added through the trading window and the auction. Below the radar Suryakumar Yadav: The 21-year-old had a breakout season for Mumbai in the Ranji trophy, scoring 754 runs at an average of 68.54 and a strike rate of 85.00. His tour de force was the 200 he made against Orissa, which came from just 232 balls and included 28 fours and a six. Given a chance, he has the potential to inflict serious damage on an opposing bowling attack. Availability None of Mumbai's players have international conflicts. They will be able to draw on their full squad for the entire tournament.

:(( I didn't log on ICF till after the game when I got back home late that night. That is when I saw your thread. I doubt we'd have been in the same section. You paid Rs 12,500 for 1 ticket. That is what I paid for 2 tickets. So even though the stand was the same, it would have been a different section/level. All the best to you. May MI win this one in your honour. :icflove: Not gone for the game today either. Tendulkar also isn't playing.Today is reserved for trolling the match thread. Will go for the games against RCB, DD and CSK for sure.
:two_thumbs_up:

why no mumbai indians match on the weekened:hitler:
This is so true, Our game is on Monday and we've no game on Saturday/Sunday. :mad: All this is a conspiracy by that evil BCCI president N Srinivasan, who is also the CSK owner. He can't see MI playing in front of sell out crowds while his minnow side is playing in front of 400 spectators. We'll still show him that even on weekdays we'll end up coming in huge numbers. :proud:

This is so true, Our game is on Monday and we've no game on Saturday/Sunday. :mad: All this is a conspiracy by that evil BCCI president N Srinivasan, who is also the CSK owner. He can't see MI playing in front of sell out crowds while his minnow side is playing in front of 400 spectators. We'll still show him that even on weekdays we'll end up coming in huge numbers. :proud:
To be fair, when there's a city of full people who are willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead in life and earn tons of money, you would have tons of people with excess cash to buy those extravagent IPL tickets. :giggle: