Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

^You cannot have a profession where you limit the amount of money one can make' date=' especially one where the required skill level is very high. That is absurd. Yes you will get one or two noble souls who will want to serve humanity while most of the country dies due to lack of quality doctors.[/quote'] It was working well during our childhood and even before my birth. It was not that doctors, journalists, teachers or NGOs were crap 15 years ago. They were also good but their main objective was serving and educating masses. My maternal grandfather was a doctor and though he died nearly 40-50 years ago but he is still worshiped like god in many places and villages where he went. If any of our relatives go to those places, they shower a lot of blessings just because of the fact that he had saved lives of a lot of people in those places half a century ago. That was the stature doctors had in those days. He used to work day and night to serve poor villagers and to remove caste system etc. to treat everyone equally from what I have heard. Those were the days when the profession was regarded as noble and pious. There were almost all noble souls in those days in these professions. As I mentioned, the four fields which I mentioned are directly involved with human lives be it healthcare, education, media or NGOs. So, these four fields should be left alone. Having said that, I am not saying that people in these fields should not make money or beg on the streets. I am simply saying that the MAIN OBJECTIVE should NOT be making MONEY as it is becoming right now. Money will come as in the case of any other profession if they do their work properly. They are not going to go hungry. Main object should to be serve and educate masses as these are what these four fields are meant for. Money will come automatically if they concentrate on these things.

I am not supporting the commercialization of human lives. And I would strongly deplore any doctor who does so. However' date=' as with Aamir Khan in the media or any doctor really good in his profession if he chooses to make money without compromising on the basic ethics of the profession and does not make philanthropy as his first priority - I don't find much wrong with that.[/quote'] This post makes a lot more sense. I have not said that doctors should do everything for free or should indulge in philantrophy. But money making should not be the main objective. Money will come if they keep their ethics right. Having said that, medicine/healthcare is a profession directly attached with human lives and so, the responsibilities towards society also increase with the same. Similar is the case with education, media and NGOs. ++ I would instead add all the four fields (among non-government ones) i.e. medicine/healthcare, education, media and NGOs to the list. We cannot afford to have rotten apples in any of them but all these four fields are now more filled up with rotten ones rather than good ones. Even the good apples are now becoming rotten with time as they remain in contact with the rotten ones. :(

I have seen a lot of these firsthand and so, can definitely say that doctors are doing malpractice all over the nation. I am not generalizing but most doctors are serving for money instead of serving the patients in today's date. My mom went into critical condition just a few months ago due to wrong diagnosis, treatment, tests and medication of doctors. There was a sort of doctor mafia where one was referring to another and so on. Her situation had become quite critical and she could not sleep properly for nearly 6 months till this sh!t dance from doctors went on. Then finally, we decided to find a doctor who had made the right diagnosis around 15 years ago. And it was only after his diagnosis and treatment that she recovered and is now well enough. He is an old doctor and very experienced and he openly pointed out a lot of unnecessary tests by all those doctors and wrong medicines for lengthening the process. He took at least an hour or two for the first diagnosis to make sure no wrong treatment is done and charged a lot lesser than the other doctors. Other doctors hardly took a couple of minutes and hardly any proper diagnosis. And within days of his treatment she recovered significantly and is doing very well after nearly a month or more of his treatment. And he did not make any false recommendations to other doctors or any false tests like the other ones did. He treats and diagnoses patients as humans and not like money making products as the other doctors did. I am not saying that every doctor is crap but most have become crap in today's date. Today, doctors are more interested in making money than in serving patients. My mom's case is not a single case either and it has happened with other members of my family too. Many of my close relatives are also doctors and they also mention about the labs and pharma companies sending them money. They mention how medical representatives keep on hankering them all the time. I also know many people who own pharmacies and they also tell about the collaboration with doctors. So, anybody who thinks these things are lies are just turning a blind eye or are not listening to facts. I am not saying about the cases in Aamir's show but overall healthcare has declined over the years. I don't think he has decided to be a doctor or a journalist or to open a private college or an NGO. I support making money but when the primary objective of these four fields as I mentioned above is making money then it will only bring doom in the long term. If anybody is interested primarily in making money, then they must abstain from these fields and instead opt for something else. These are loads of opportunities from engineers to business to MBAs, CAs and lot of other high paying professions and businesses. Go for them instead if making money is the primary objective. At least, these noble professions would not be doomed as it is happening today. And I would not compare with the West because Western World has screwed these fields and which is indirectly affecting those countries especially in recession periods. Healthcare, Education and Media are far worse and a lot more expensive in the West than in even India. These fields are attached with human lives and when these get screwed up then human lives gets screwed up. So, let them remain noble professions as they used to be. Over-commercialization of these fields as is happening in the last ten years in India will only doom the nation and nothing else. Human lives cannot be commercialized. Playing with business and products is not bad but I am not sure how can anyone support playing with human lives as is happening right now due to the commercialization of these four fields.
bro I know it happens.it has happened to my grandpa too who died due to it.but these cases r rare.I find most doctors honest to the core.I was admitted in PGI for 3 months. n I have seen doctors paying for medicines for poor patients n operating them free of cost.there are many charitable hosptals all over India.so it happens both ways but the show misses out on positive ones n paints a very bad picture of healthcare in India.the malprictices are mostly done by private hospitals n I abhor them too. as for them being noble professions,doctors have families to support too.so they need money as well.cant see why they shouldnt get their due?sometimes genuine mistakes also can be made.human lives are indeed precious n corruption is healthcare is indeed dangerous I'm not denying that.but I cant see why doctors shouldnt have ambitions of making money? lastly,corruption is prevalent in every profession,so will the show tackle them all. n I cant understand ur saying corruption is okay in some fields but not in another,that doesnt make sense at all

This post makes a lot more sense. I have not said that doctors should do everything for free or should indulge in philantrophy. But money making should not be the main objective. Money will come if they keep their ethics right. Having said that, medicine/healthcare is a profession directly attached with human lives and so, the responsibilities towards society also increase with the same. Similar is the case with education, media and NGOs.
Let's say there is a doctor in a government hospital who interacts with 30 poor patients a day and gets an offer to join a rich private hospital for much more money where he would see maybe 5 patients a day. I would really admire him if he chooses not to take the offer from the private hospital, but at the same time as long as he is not indulging in anything unethical or a malpractice I don't see anything wrong in his accepting the offer. It's like forcing Aamir Khan to make only art movies touching on social issues rather than commercial cinema to make more money. He'll make a living either way, but if he chooses to make commercial cinema without violating any ethical code, nothing wrong with it.

I think those who pay 25 lakhs 50 lakhs to join medical are the real culprits. They are grossly inept. Can't believe i see such doctors working even in hospital like Apollo (from my personal experience). There are lot of very good doctors. There are some horribly bad too. It is one field where we cannot afford to have bad apples.
Well, you forgot the reservation system in places like TN. It does two things: 1. Gives medical seats to undeserving students under the reservation quota in good institutions. These will definitely turn out to be useless doctors. 2. Denies seats to good students simply because they belong to the forward caste. These students are forced to go elsewhere to get a seat. These will most likely turn out to be pretty good doctors. Ofc these attract anyone and everyone as well, even those with poor marks and no aptitude to become a good doctor and these will turn out to be useless doctors as well.

bro I know it happens.it has happened to my grandpa too who died due to it.but these cases r rare.I find most doctors honest to the core. I was admitted in PGI for 3 months. n I have seen doctors paying for medicines for poor patients n operating them free of cost.there are many charitable hosptals all over India.so it happens both ways but the show misses out on positive ones n paints a very bad picture of healthcare in India.the malprictices are mostly done by private hospitals n I abhor them too. as for them being noble professions,doctors have families to support too.so they need money as well.cant see why they shouldnt get their due?sometimes genuine mistakes also can be made.human lives are indeed precious n corruption is healthcare is indeed dangerous I'm not denying that.but I cant see why doctors shouldnt have ambitions of making money? lastly,corruption is prevalent in every profession,so will the show tackle them all. n I cant understand ur saying corruption is okay in some fields but not in another,that doesnt make sense at all
Doctors with main intention of extracting money was rare in the past as you correctly mention. But it has changed with time. And nowadays, the main intention of doctors is instead to make money. And it is only becoming worse with time. With the rate of deterioration it might not be long before all doctors are also concerned with only making money. I agree with charitable hospitals but many of them are also becoming correct if you research properly. Things are going for the worse in healthcare as well as the other three fields I mentioned. I never said doctors should not support their families. If they work with proper ethics, they will make money and well enough to support their families. But if they have taken the oath of joining a noble profession like a physician, then they should also remember their added responsibilities towards society and humanity. If they are more interested in only extracting money, then they are free to join some other high paying profession or business. I am against all forms of corruption to the core. That is why I mentioned non-government fields in my earlier posts as I have some serious problems with the corruption in govt. establishments. But these are the four fields out of non-government fields where the prime objective should not be making money. Corruption in these fields result in playing with human lives. And I think everyone would agree that playing with human lives is something despicable and will only lead to doom in the long run.

Let's say there is a doctor in a government hospital who interacts with 30 poor patients a day and gets an offer to join a rich private hospital for much more money where he would see maybe 5 patients a day. I would really admire him if he chooses not to take the offer from the private hospital, but at the same time as long as he is not indulging in anything unethical or a malpractice I don't see anything wrong in his accepting the offer. It's like forcing Aamir Khan to make only art movies touching on social issues rather than commercial cinema to make more money. He'll make a living either way, but if he chooses to make commercial cinema without violating any ethical code, nothing wrong with it.
If their main intention is making money and making a good living as you mentioned, then they should rather opt for some other profession. Why to take the medical oaths if they are not planning to abide by it? Why to join the profession which is regarded as the noblest profession on earth and which people used to trust blindly? Nobody is stopping them from choosing some other profession. The main objective one studies medicine is to serve humanity.
Well, you forgot the reservation system in places like TN. It does two things: 1. Gives medical seats to undeserving students under the reservation quota in good institutions. These will definitely turn out to be useless doctors. 2. Denies seats to good students simply because they belong to the forward caste. These students are forced to go elsewhere to get a seat. These will most likely turn out to be pretty good doctors. Ofc these attract anyone and everyone as well, even those with poor marks and no aptitude to become a good doctor and these will turn out to be useless doctors as well.
Reservation is one of the worst malaise which has resulted in a lot of the problem and agree with you on that. Honestly speaking, some of the doctors who made wrong diagnosis of my mom and nearly brought her to critical condition were SC/ST doctors. Even the doctor who finally made her recover a lot openly said "Make sure not to go to quota doctors". I am not against any castes or tribes though I oppose caste based reservation system and have always said that it needs to be replaced by a economic condition based reservation system if need be. But it cannot be denied that it adds to the problem and often low quality doctors are produced due to this system.

If their main intention is making money and making a good living as you mentioned, then they should rather opt for some other profession. Why to take the medical oaths if they are not planning to abide by it? Why to join the profession which is regarded as the noblest profession on earth and which people used to trust blindly? Nobody is stopping them from choosing some other profession. The main objective one studies medicine is to serve humanity. Reservation is one of the worst malaise which has resulted in a lot of the problem and agree with you on that. Honestly speaking, some of the doctors who made wrong diagnosis of my mom and nearly brought her to critical condition were SC/ST doctors. Even the doctor who finally made her recover a lot openly said "Make sure not to go to quota doctors". I am not against any castes or tribes though I oppose caste based reservation system and have always said that it needs to be replaced by a economic condition based reservation system if need be. But it cannot be denied that it adds to the problem and often low quality doctors are produced due to this system.
Since reservation is not going away any sooner, looks like we need to maintain a public registry of quota doctors or generally speaking a registry of substandard/laalchi doctors and ones who operate in nexus. Btw - quota ( based on social/economic status) for getting an opportunity to study in premier college is fine. But it should until that stage only. There should be no quota in the professional field - esp like in Hospitals. It should be strictly based on merit/marks in the education.

Since reservation is not going away any sooner, looks like we need to maintain a public registry of quota doctors or generally speaking a registry of substandard/laalchi doctors and ones who operate in nexus. Btw - quota ( based on social/economic status) for getting an opportunity to study in premier college is fine. But it should until that stage only. There should be no quota in the professional field - esp like in Hospitals. It should be strictly based on merit/marks in the education.
I think there can be quota (based on various inequalities) everywhere unless you don't extend it for generations. For example, X is a quota caste and x1, x2 is his child. x1 and x2 can avail complete quota benefits as defined by the policy. However, x11 and x12 - x1's children - shouldn't be eligible for quota as the authorities have done enough to "uplift" x1's societal status. The aforementioned is just an example and could be extended to 2 generations. However, these quotas should be given only till 10 + 2. Based on satisfactory performance (pre-decided), these quotas may continue else should be relapsed and based on purely economic status.

chalo theek hai, 2-4 logon kee aankhein khul jaaye tou amir khan ke antcis jhelney mein koi harz nahi. The only thing I am a bit worried about is possibility of new crop of suddenly awakened, over-excited activists...taking the streets and causing inconvenience to the rest.

Heard he is taking on Khap Panchayats. What next? Mullah/Madrassa bigotry?
Woh tu karle na. Khud to kuch karte nahi, jo kar raha hai uspar bhi problem BTW loved one of the points made today by those supporting love marriage over arrange marriage. According to honourable supreme court's decision love marriage is very much needed to unite the country. Think about it, in arrange marriage you will always marry into the same community, caste, religion and culture. The mixing between cultures will never happen and Indians will stay divided. On the other hand in love-marriages we see couple of different religions, caste and cultures come together and then they follow traditions of both. What a lovely way to enrich our society and country

so u can make money dishonestly bcs u put a lot of effort to become a doctor? if thats the mentality then dont be a doctor. simple. i am with aamir khan. yes there are lots of good doctors. but the point of the shw is to find out the problems in our society. and u can still earn more than enuff money honestly if u r a doctor

In today's episode, there was a very emotional moment, the story of Rizwan. But to be frank hearing a story of how his child was murdered from a mother is a kind of emotional overdose and the case is still pending in court. I hope this story would not change the judgement and law should take its own course.

Wonderful program by Aamir Khan and his team. But one should also look at who else is circle-jerking watching this program. You guessed it... the Paki- maha-liberals. (Eg: Beena Sarwar) According to Paki-liberal's view this program once again proves that Hinduism is religion of greed, misogyny,female infanticide,ritualism, bigotry, casteism, Dalit Oppression, dowry deaths as opposed to their superior beliefs which shower milk and honey all over the world like in Pakistan. Today I had the previlage of knowing an alternate name for hinduism from a uber-Paki American enlightened liberal..."Macaca-ism".... since we worship bandars and langoors.