Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

We are on the same page and it's so frustrating to see the likes of Ishant and Umesh under-perform time and again by bowling short. Ishant is already termed "unlucky" and I sincerely hope Umesh doesn't go the same way. The next WC is in Aus and if Ishant & Umesh get their act together and finally figure the line & length to bowl to (full pitched on or around off) Indian attack consisting of Umesh, Ishant & Aaron would be one of the best around and would put India in contention, else it's gonna be an early exit for us.
Yes. Seriously frustrating to see them not understand this simple basic.

he should...u want yadav to be our steyn but form wht i have seen this guy has more potential for that :((
Steyn was very similar to Yadav when he first came, was 5-10K slower than Yadav back then in terms of pace.

Steyn was very similar to Yadav when he first came' date=' was 5-10K slower than Yadav back then in terms of pace.[/quote'] im not talking abt pace the amount if swing steyn gets..shami got like thati ntht final never seen yadav do that also he was bowling full but yes yadav does has outswing but lately i ve noticed he is even using inswing which steyn rarely uses by fluke i think

im not talking abt pace the amount if swing steyn gets..shami got like thati ntht final never seen yadav do that also he was bowling full but yes yadav does has outswing but lately i ve noticed he is even using inswing which steyn rarely uses by fluke i think
Yadav needs to concentrate more on outswing. Outswing the best stock ball to become a strike bowler that is why I rate Shami so high because of his stock outswing and that too at a good pace, 135K plus. Swing at 125-135 can be negotiated like PK who swings the ball more than anyone but still lacks wicket taking ability due to lack of pace, but once a bowler start swinging and seaming the ball over 135K and into 140s, it becomes harder to negotiate it. Ben Hilfenhaus, James Anderson, Dale Steyn are brilliant exponent of that.

Yadav needs to concentrate more on outswing. Outswing the best stock ball to become a strike bowler that is why I rate Shami so high because of his stock outswing and that too at a good pace' date=' 135K plus. Swing at 125-135 can be negotiated like PK who swings the ball more than anyone but still lacks wicket taking ability due to lack of pace, but one a bowl start swinging and seaming the ball over 135K and into 140s, it becomes harder to negotiate it. Ben Hilfenhaus, James Anderson, Dale Steyn are brilliant exponent of that.[/quote'] agree.. thts why i said this is guy is closer to becoming steyn like bowler then yadav cos yadav clearly is more into short balls then bowling it full and letting it swing :headshake:

im not talking abt pace the amount if swing steyn gets..shami got like thati ntht final never seen yadav do that also he was bowling full but yes yadav does has outswing but lately i ve noticed he is even using inswing which steyn rarely uses by fluke i think
Yadav has obviously been asked to focus on pace for the time being and been given the license to go there and bowl the quickest he can. Not sure if you watched him bowl in the Irani Trophy last year. Was around 140+ and swinging both the old and new ball with lot of control on a dead track at Jaipur. But obviously someone in our setup has realised he has got a lot of pace and has advised him to continue bowling fast, rest everything will come back naturally or through hard yards in the nets. TBH I do not mind it either. We have one guy who looks like who can hit high speeds and sustain it for long, let him bowl at that speed and learn things gradually. Let the line and length bowlers in the team focus on accuracy for the time being.

The only logical explanation is a niggle or injury, how else can u explain Shami's absence, Akram said he is the best rookie talent in India he has seen, played CLT20 , he has a good run up and action, tends to generate pace easily, swings and seams the ball, can bowl in 140's.

Yadav has obviously been asked to focus on pace for the time being and been given the license to go there and bowl the quickest he can. Not sure if you watched him bowl in the Irani Trophy last year. Was around 140+ and swinging both the old and new ball with lot of control on a dead track at Jaipur. But obviously someone in our setup has realised he has got a lot of pace and has advised him to continue bowling fast, rest everything will come back naturally or through hard yards in the nets. TBH I do not mind it either. We have one guy who looks like who can hit high speeds and sustain it for long, let him bowl at that speed and learn things gradually. Let the line and length bowlers in the team focus on accuracy for the time being.
then he should stick to tests for now in t20 i cant see this mindset helping him tbh wht i dont like is .. yes bowl quick and all but he needs to realize his gr8st weapon is his swing otherwise even ishant bowled jsut as quick as yadav in australia but see the differencei n strike rates

Not a bad thing to do.

then he should stick to tests for now in t20 i cant see this mindset helping him tbh wht i dont like is .. yes bowl quick and all but he needs to realize his gr8st weapon is his swing otherwise even ishant bowled jsut as quick as yadav in australia but see the differencei n strike rates
Problem is with the expectations. He's bowled decently, not great but just decent. Check how Morne Morkel or Steyn bowled in the first 2 IPLs. Its only after lot more experience that they adjusted to the demands of t20 cricket. Give Umesh some time as well.

Problem is with the expectations. He's bowled decently' date=' not great but just decent. Check how Morne Morkel or Steyn bowled in the first 2 IPLs. Its only after lot more experience that they adjusted to the demands of t20 cricket. Give Umesh some time as well.[/quote'] T 20- ysterday Gony bowled 2 bouncers at 140 k- punjab rookie batsman managed to touch them some how and actually both were easy catches at some places just that fielders were not there bcos of match situation and wrong planning by sangakara- when his bowler was planning a bouncer he shud have got fielders ar right positions............. deccan lost- but i bet you there was nothing wrong in gony's bowling he was just good. do not judge genuine fast bowlers much from t 20- i am seeing them just to see what kind of situations are they creating to get players OUT.....in 5 days and in Tests. for me Varun and Dinda are good fast bowlers in t 20 and apart from them others have little less control umesh gony awana veer pratap have impressed but not the best for t 20> even a RAJAT bhatia is a good t 20 bowler and can be considered as good as DALE steyn , Umesh yadav and Morne morkel in a t20......but does that mean rajat bhatia is as good as them- NO definitely not.

T 20- ysterday Gony bowled 2 bouncers at 140 k- punjab rookie batsman managed to touch them some how and actually both were easy catches at some places just that fielders were not there bcos of match situation and wrong planning by sangakara- when his bowler was planning a bouncer he shud have got fielders ar right positions............. deccan lost- but i bet you there was nothing wrong in gony's bowling he was just good. do not judge genuine fast bowlers much from t 20- i am seeing them just to see what kind of situations are they creating to get players OUT.....in 5 days and in Tests. for me Varun and Dinda are good fast bowlers in t 20 and apart from them others have little less control umesh gony awana veer pratap have impressed but not the best for t 20> even a RAJAT bhatia is a good t 20 bowler and can be considered as good as DALE steyn , Umesh yadav and Morne morkel in a t20......but does that mean rajat bhatia is as good as them- NO definitely not.
to me varun has everything to be a succesfull test bowler he is hit the deck kind of bowler and he gets something out of tracks and is hard to get away so ya we can expect some tight quick spells from him in tests dinda def is not good enough for tests agree awana havent seen enough of him still can make into our odi line up

Swing at 125-135 can be negotiated like PK who swings the ball more than anyone but still lacks wicket taking ability due to lack of pace
Career Praveen Kumar: Test strike rate = 59.6. Ishant Sharma: Test strike rate = 66.4 Sreesanth: Test strike rate = 62.2 On the England tour... Kumar - 63.4 Sharma - 94.6 Sreesanth - 83.2 On the West Indies tour... Kumar - 55.0 (much worse than Sharma, still a good strike rate) Sharma - 33.7 Patel - 264.0 There is no reason yet to write off Praveen as a Test bowler.